Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-05-2012   #41
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
good job... you inspired me to do the same. Got 2 at $120. My wife turned 30 today so I used that as an excuse to use $ I don't have. I haven't been back to a game since '08 so I am pumped!

Close family friends of mine are taking us, and they are yellow lot tailgaters. That means for the first time(27 games) I will not be partying down in the platinum/blue lot. Makes me sad in a way, because I'd love to be there again parked next to Raging Bull, drinking beer with Brock and gang at St. Arnold's, and of course hanging with the blue crew... but just being at the game is good enough.
Yeah man, it has been too long!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #42
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Yeah man, it has been too long!
It most certainly has. It would good to hang out with you again in a non-working environment... I know my wife agrees. Lol

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Yeah...that Yellow Lot really SUCKS for tailgating. I would hate it there too.
I miss all my old friends in the yellow lot! Fans on grass always do it right. I wish the train stop was in between yellow and orange/blue, so at least I could hit one side before the game and the other side after.
Old 01-06-2012   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I miss all my old friends in the yellow lot! Fans on grass always do it right. I wish the train stop was in between yellow and orange/blue, so at least I could hit one side before the game and the other side after.
No Platinum Lot love??
Old 01-06-2012   #45
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No Platinum Lot love??
Of course, my man! I always forget the distinction between blue and platinum, but Blue Crew is a primary destination for any game I attend!
Old 01-06-2012   #46
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

So, I had never been to a game as of last year. As a wedding gift, my wife got us tickets to see the season ending game vs the Jags. This year rolls around, and we got a 3 pack of tickets for colts, jags, and titans game. So when playoffs hit, I tried to temper myself and say I had a good season. I bought tickets to 3 games, and got a pair for free to the falcons game. I saw a lot, I need to sit this one out and save the money. I had finally talked myself into watching it on tv when my wife turns to me and says "Why the hell don't we have tickets yet?"

When even she turns on me for not buying them, I had to do something. So I got a few seats in 619 row B. Anyone on this board around there? I am so stoked about going now!
Old 01-06-2012   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
So, I had never been to a game as of last year. As a wedding gift, my wife got us tickets to see the season ending game vs the Jags. This year rolls around, and we got a 3 pack of tickets for colts, jags, and titans game. So when playoffs hit, I tried to temper myself and say I had a good season. I bought tickets to 3 games, and got a pair for free to the falcons game. I saw a lot, I need to sit this one out and save the money. I had finally talked myself into watching it on tv when my wife turns to me and says "Why the hell don't we have tickets yet?"

When even she turns on me for not buying them, I had to do something. So I got a few seats in 619 row B. Anyone on this board around there? I am so stoked about going now!
'

Right on, man! That's a good wife right there!

We'll be next door in section 618. I can't remember the row, tho'. I think it's row K, iirc.
Old 01-06-2012   #48
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
'

Right on, man! That's a good wife right there!

We'll be next door in section 618. I can't remember the row, tho'. I think it's row K, iirc.
Its taken some time, but I have trained her well. Since we have started dating, she has gone from not watching games, to watching them (but only for me), to actually paying attention to the game to enjoying them.

It was the same thing with the NBA (I am a spurs fan). She used to go to games with me and never watch the game. Refused to watch it on TV. End of last season, I come downstairs and shes got the game on alone screaming at the TV when we take a bad shot. I was like man, I trained her so well...
Old 01-06-2012   #49
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92829 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Your enthusiasm makes me want to purchase tickets for the game DB. Hope you and your son have an awsome time. If you haven't told him yet, maybe you should wait until that morning and surprise him.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
Its taken some time, but I have trained her well. Since we have started dating, she has gone from not watching games, to watching them (but only for me), to actually paying attention to the game to enjoying them.

It was the same thing with the NBA (I am a spurs fan). She used to go to games with me and never watch the game. Refused to watch it on TV. End of last season, I come downstairs and shes got the game on alone screaming at the TV when we take a bad shot. I was like man, I trained her so well...
Ahh, that's cool, man! Many females are not so trainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Your enthusiasm makes me want to purchase tickets for the game DB. Hope you and your son have an awsome time. If you haven't told him yet, maybe you should wait until that morning and surprise him.
Thanks, Tex! You should take the leap! This is the moment for the franchise, and it is this kind of game and more specifically, this kind of dominant defense, where a true 12th man can provide the edge of homefield advantage. I want to be a part of that, part of the mass of fans who are united in a single cause of supporting our team and disrupting the opposing team's gameplan.

I learned long ago that good crowds cannot make bad defenses good. But, when you take a great defense and add a rabid crowd, things get elevated. Our players get pumped and feed off of it. The other team can get rattled into making mistakes, which feeds the fans. It's a beautiful thing, man, and something that I just could not resist.

I did tell my boy. I wanted him to look forward to it and be as excited as I am. And he is. Little guy is still in a state of shock that his ol' man pulled the trigger. He understands the value of money - specifically that I could have bought a PS3, like he stated - but I told him this is about the experience, about the memories of something he will remember for the rest of his life. We can always save up funds for a game console. You can't always just go to an NFL playoff game, especially our team's first in it's history. No matter the outcome, that's something special to be a part of, just like 19-10 in the beginning.

LOUD, PROUD, AND TEXAN!!!
Old 01-07-2012   #51
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Well? How did they day turn out for you?
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #52
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope you and your son had a great time, DB... I know I did. Voice is gone, throat sore, as is the rest of my body.

Quote:
Wanted to mention that we had a good time over yellow, even took part in shotgun thirty. It just kinda happened. I had walked by and started talking to someone and a group came up near us saying something about it being almost time. Once explained, I knew I had to take part. I'd have said hello, but it would've been weird saying "Who's texanmojo.com?"

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
Old 01-08-2012   #53
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Greatest sporting even I've ever attended!!!

What a blast!

Wish we had time to make it out to yellow lot, but coming from the train stop on Fannin, we just ran out of room on the clock.
Old 01-08-2012   #54
scourge 
Digression King

Glad to hear it. Do you and your son still have your voices?

Quote:
Old 01-08-2012   #55
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
Glad to hear it. Do you and your son still have your voices?
yeah, we are resting them today. Still floating on Cloud 9, too!
Old 01-08-2012   #56
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, we are resting them today. Still floating on Cloud 9, too!
Yep ... I can coast a long time on yesterday . What an overall experience and getting to meet TT legends as DB , KT , LYB , Briscoe , 76 , and Hookem was really the icing on the cake .
Old 01-08-2012   #57
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I must have missed you DB.
Old 01-09-2012   #58
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the tailgaiting offers for my dad. He ended up getting held up at the Bud Light tent who was giving out free food and beer I think haha. All in all though he had an awesome time.

I wish I had come in town, but I"ll just be patient and watch the AFC Championship game in Boston (or maybe Houston?)
Old 01-09-2012   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yep ... I can coast a long time on yesterday . What an overall experience and getting to meet TT legends as DB , KT , LYB , Briscoe , 76 , and Hookem was really the icing on the cake .
It was great to meet you, as well as many other TT friends that I've known for years. That is the great thing about this forum and being Texans fans. We will collectively feel the sting of defeat and the triumph of victory for many years. And last Saturday was an experience that NONE of us will ever forget. We will be talking about that one for decades from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I must have missed you DB.
awe, man! I am so sorry that I didn't get to see you, Gary. Hopefully there is a next time in a couple of weeks and Reliant is hosting an AFC Championship game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Thanks for the tailgaiting offers for my dad. He ended up getting held up at the Bud Light tent who was giving out free food and beer I think haha. All in all though he had an awesome time.

I wish I had come in town, but I"ll just be patient and watch the AFC Championship game in Boston (or maybe Houston?)
There will be a next time, man! Saturday refilled my tank with koolaide. The cynic in me went into hibernation, because that was what it was all about.

Hopefully you will make another playoff game at Reliant soon enough. I hope this was the first of many to come. Believe!
Old 01-09-2012   #60
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

When we have the AFC game, I'm coming over there to meet the rest of y'all, too.

So glad it was an awesome time for you DB

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read