Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Can we win the Super Bowl?
No way in Hell 8 4.40%
We have a good shot of getting there, but won't win it... 6 3.30%
We will get bounced in the first game we play... 2 1.10%
We will likely win one and lose the next.. 14 7.69%
I have no f'n idea...Just enjoying the ride... 104 57.14%
We will win the whole thing. Playoffs will start and... Beastmode: [On] 48 26.37%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2012   #121
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you honestly believe we can win the Super Bowl?

Anything is possible right now. I'm feeling good about the Texans chances to upset the Ravens on the road. I would like to see the Steelers beat the Broncos and Patriots, which is also a realistic possibility. The Texans hosting the Steelers at Reliant Stadium in the AFC Championship would be an incredible atmosphere. I believe in the craziest things happening at this time of the year.

Hopefully Owen Daniels doesn't have a broken hand though. We definitely need him for the big playoff games coming up. He made some tough catches against the Bengals yesterday that I don't think Dreessen or Casey would have caught. All that being said, I'm kind of feeling the Tebow mania against the Steelers at home. But I know Denver would have little to no chance to beat the Patriots on the road. The Steelers can beat the Patriots on the road.

I want to buy tickets to the AFC Championship game at Reliant Stadium so I need the Steelers and Texans to keep advancing.
Bulls on Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #122
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We're in the 5000 passing yards era of football now and it is noticeable that the top seeds in both conferences have considerably weaker D's than you'd have expected to see up there in the past.

It seems that, for the regular season at least, success has been built on having an O which takes advantage of the increasingly pass happy rules affecting Defence.

It will be interesting if/when we do meet these better O's, because much like when Dalton was seemingly beginning to pick our D apart at will towards the end of the second half yesterday, I'm still confident in our D to find a way to make that big negative play and turn the tide.

That said, for me, this season is now in the books as a success. So everything else they do is all gravy.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #123
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

No way. We're here now, and I'm ****ing starving. I hope the players aren't content and I hope they don't think that everything else from here on out is "gravy".

Go for the gusto.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #124
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
We're in the 5000 passing yards era of football now and it is noticeable that the top seeds in both conferences have considerably weaker D's than you'd have expected to see up there in the past.

It seems that, for the regular season at least, success has been built on having an O which takes advantage of the increasingly pass happy rules affecting Defence.

It will be interesting if/when we do meet these better O's, because much like when Dalton was seemingly beginning to pick our D apart at will towards the end of the second half yesterday, I'm still confident in our D to find a way to make that big negative play and turn the tide.

That said, for me, this season is now in the books as a success. So everything else they do is all gravy.
The only reason why Dalton starting picking apart our defense is because they let off the gas.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #125
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

just enjoying the ride mayne.

Entire offense will have to step up big time tho
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #126
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Despite the week 6 loss to Baltimore, we match up pretty well with them and we're pretty even stats-wise on CHFF. Add to that the fact that we're #1 in CHFF's power rankings(that's where GB was ranked last year going into the playoffs), and 3rd in the league, behind GB and NO, in passer differential ratio, I'd say we have a very decent chance to win the Super Bowl. Of course, Baltimore WOULD have to be #2 in the power rankings...
How crazy would Relaint be if it ends up Texans vs. Steelers in Houston?? That would be awesome to see.
CHFF PDR
CHFF Power Rankings
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #127
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

I think would be easier to win the SB against some NFC contender than win against the ravens in their home...

I guess we will see...

No matter how little is the possibility, untill we lose I'll be hoping to achieve the best...

Because that's what you should do, never settle for less then the highest goal achievable
Old 01-08-2012   #128
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

As crazy as this season has been, why the hell not go ahead and see how far this rabbit hole goes....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #129
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Just sipping the Kool-Aid...

But, why the hell not right? Enjoy the ride
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #130
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

should we win the Superbowl given all of our injuries...... hell no!

That said how can you bet against this team this yr in big games? Time and time again when it mattered they have come through. We SHOULD loose next week as Baltimore is 8-0 in their house and not nearly as banged up as we are but I just can't pick against us when it's time to man up.
Old 01-08-2012   #131
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
It basically comes down to this...defense doesn't win championships...elite qb
s do in today's nfl...if yates turns out to be an elite qb then we can win a championship...unfortunately, that is reality.
This is just BS. Elite QBs don't win SBs, good teams do. Dilfer won a SB. Brad Johnson won a SB. Delhomme GOT to a SB. Rich Gannon got to a SB. Dan Marino got to a SB and never won one.

Roethlisberger is a good QB. Eli Manning is a good QB. Those guys aren't elite. They won SBs because of the teams they were on.

Of all the QBs who played yesterday, TJ was the second highest rated. In other words, he was efficient. And that was even with AJ dropping some passes he normally would have caught. Although he didn't rack up a lot of yards, he got 8 yards per attempt. That means he was stretching the field and not just throwing a bunch of dinks and dunks.

If Yates keeps making the throws he's been making, we have a shot.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #132
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can make it past Baltimore, I don't see us losing to Pitt or NE (not to say that we couldn't, but I just don't see it). In other words, hell yeah I think we can.
Old 01-08-2012   #133
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we can. When we played Baltimore in the season, the D hadn't gelled quite yet. I think they can get after Flacco's sorry ass! BUT.....I have a feeling that Ravens D will get some big hits on TJ.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #134
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

All I know, is that we're one step closer.
Old 01-08-2012   #135
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The pertinent question is, "Do the Texans believe they can win the Super Bowl?". I think they are just cocky and naive enough to believe they can. I know they have enough big time players to make any team they face worry.
Old 01-08-2012   #136
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

T.J. Yates is 3-0 against playoff teams this season.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read