Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2012   #1
ts4texans
Rookie

Rep Power: 224 ts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I hate ohio

I'm getting so much crap here. just because I walk around everywhere wearing my texans gear, and i'm in ohio, everyone just assumes i'm a front runner and only like them because they're in the playoffs. i've been the only texans fan in this area for YEARS.

ticks me offf. well houston, i'l see you in a few years lol.

Treacherous Texans
ts4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #2
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7701 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hate ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts4texans View Post
I'm getting so much crap here. just because I walk around everywhere wearing my texans gear, and i'm in ohio, everyone just assumes i'm a front runner and only like them because they're in the playoffs. i've been the only texans fan in this area for YEARS.

LOL, Hey try walking around with a Heat shirt on. Then when you go back to wearing Texans gear it won't seem near as bad.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #3
ts4texans
Rookie

Rep Power: 224 ts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
LOL, Hey try walking around with a Heat shirt on. Then when you go back to wearing Texans gear it won't seem near as bad.
haha i won't go that far! I was at a cleveland indians game right after that whole incident and this kid i know went to the game also and wore a heat jersey and got escored out of the stadium by police and when he was out of the stadium he got jumped lol.

Treacherous Texans
Old 01-08-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Strange, because I see a lot of Browns fans here and I've never called one of them a back-runner?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #5
ts4texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Strange, because I see a lot of Browns fans here and I've never called one of them a back-runner?
wait, there's browns fans? loll.

Treacherous Texans
Old 01-08-2012   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a theory about people from Ohio, that all of them are strange, I have never met anyone from there or PA that are not just not weird in some way. I am sure they have some normal folks, but have never met one...

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 01-08-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #7
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to live in Columbus a long time ago and I learned that people in that state are super jaded when it comes to sports. How could they not be? All of their teams across the entire sporting spectrum have sucked for most of their lives (minus a few years here and there). In other words, they hate winners. We should be able to empathize, how do you y'all feel about obnoxious Saints and Steelers fans?
Old 01-08-2012   #8
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I used to live in Columbus a long time ago and I learned that people in that state are super jaded when it comes to sports. How could they not be? All of their teams across the entire sporting spectrum have sucked for most of their lives (minus a few years here and there). In other words, they hate winners. We should be able to empathize, how do you y'all feel about obnoxious Saints and Steelers fans?
A lot of Ohio folk, esspecially from that northeast quadrant are Steeler fans...

The Steelers, Ohio State and the Penguins... not too too bad for some in Ohio...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #9
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
wait, there's browns fans? loll.
Browns fan, singular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Op, while I think that sux for you - I would not take to kindly to someone wearing a bunghole jersey here even if it was an Andy (Katy, TX) Dalton jersey.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #10
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It happens bro. I've been a Yankees fan since Donnie Baseball played, that would be Don Mattingly for the laymen, and was a huge Michael Jordan fan after the Celtics game in 1986 (Because my grandmother liked the Celtics)...

Let the state of Ohio wallow in their misery...They haven't won anything since Ohio State stole the National Championship from The U in 2002

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #11
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 6605 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: I hate ohio

I work with a Bengals fan who has relatives in Cincinnati. I wanted to have a friendly wager on the game, but it was refused due to the previous game. I was a lot more confident about the game. To be fair, though, up here the obnoxious fans cheer for buffalo or Philadelphia.
Old 01-08-2012   #12
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33554 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ohio is garbage, I did some work there recently and its FULL of Steelers fans. Went to BWWs when Bengals and Steelers player and it was ALL Steelers fans. Then me, the lone Texan, Ha! The people are nice, but man they are not smart. Probably bad to generalize, but I would never live there.
Old 01-08-2012   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

haha, out here I live with a bunch of Seahawks and Raiders fans... with a moderate sprinkling of Packers here and there. The military neighborhoods have more of a mix though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have a theory about people from Ohio, that all of them are strange, I have never met anyone from there or PA that are not just not weird in some way. I am sure they have some normal folks, but have never met one...
LOL! Well, I was born in York, PA. Lived there the first 7 years of my life, and then moved to Columbus, Ohio, and lived there for 3 before moving south.

I guess that explains everything, ay?

And regarding Columbus, you'd better believe they are jaded. That's where Ohio State is. And I lived there when they considered Woody Hayes to be a god.
Old 01-08-2012   #15
ts4texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Ohio is garbage, I did some work there recently and its FULL of Steelers fans. Went to BWWs when Bengals and Steelers player and it was ALL Steelers fans. Then me, the lone Texan, Ha! The people are nice, but man they are not smart. Probably bad to generalize, but I would never live there.
yeah it's dumb. i mean i guess i DO love ohio to an extent just because i've lived here my whole life. but i love my football team more than anything lol. every time i go to bdubs it's always just me, the lone Texan. well, I make my girlfriend wear one of my jerseys when we go too

Treacherous Texans
Old 01-08-2012   #16
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry about that man. Here in Tokyo, the most people don't know about the Texans. Other day, I saw a guy wearing Astro T-shirt and went up to this person to ask if he knew the team. Said T-shirt was on sale with very low price but doen't know anything about Astros. He wasn't even interested in MLB.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Don't worry about that man. Here in Tokyo, the most people don't know about the Texans. Other day, I saw a guy wearing Astro T-shirt and went up to this person to ask if he knew the team. Said T-shirt was on sale with very low price but doen't know anything about Astros. He wasn't even interested in MLB.
Hahaha. We have a couple random 2000-era Astros hat-wearers floating around from when Randy Johnson was with them for half a season or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Hahaha. We have a couple random 2000-era Astros hat-wearers floating around from when Randy Johnson was with them for half a season or so.
I learn my lesson for sure. Of here they just buy things just because it looks cool and no other reason. You rarely find hard core NFL, MLB or NBA fans. Especially, Houston professional team. This is my main reason why I come here so often.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That, my fellow Texans fan, is paying your dues. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-09-2012   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been through Ohio when driving to/from New York and it is by far the ugliest state I have ever been to. And I've been to almost all the states. Columbus was one ugly city also.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read