Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2012   #21
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best way to cover AJ Green

I think Green will probably get some catches, but if he is limited to the 50 yards or so he had last time we played him I'll be happy.

I still think that putting Dalton under pressure (despite him being good under pressure) is important. It turned the game around with the sack fumble. Keep consistent pressure enough that you disrupt timing and you make it harder to complete passes
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #22
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Seen Dalton's numbers against the blitz this year? Dalton is proficient outside the pocket. I think if we play disciplined gaps and drop 6 into coverage we'll be just fine. Our over aggressive first half against them had us way out of position and Benson went nutty. Wade learned his lesson holding them to 3 second half points.
I think this thread is about forming your own opinion instead of trying to pick holes in other's ideas. I could say dropping 6 and giving Dalton more time to throw is a bad idea and make it a pretty solid argument. Blitzing is rolling dice and it always has been, I'd just rather try to make a play instead of sitting back, letting the Bengals dictate the action and hoping they make a mistake. Also, numbers and the past are exactly no indication of what will happen in a few hours. So there. Holes in your opinion too.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #23
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 14620 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Being old school, I'd take him out at the line of scrimmage with vicious chucks. Of course, I'm sure the NFL has made that illegal by now.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #24
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the best way to cover green is with jj watt??
Old 01-08-2012   #25
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
I guess the best way to cover green is with jj watt??
Well, he keeps pickin' it off (shrug).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read