Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2005   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If the price was right?

I am wondering if say the Dolphins at the end of the season tried to get rid of Ricky Williams.. Rickey stays a model citizen throughout the year. I am assumming we are getting some OL in here after this season, I would think McNair will go out of his way to make sure this IS done.. Would you take a chance on bringing him in for say a 3rd of 4th rounder (I doubt he would draw a 1st due to James and Alexander couldn't get one..Dillion had baggage but not as much as Ricky and he drew a late 3rd)>.

Would you take a chance on that to bring him back to Texas?

disadvantage is whether or not his head is right
ADvantage.. he is a proven workhorse and be better than anything we have seen IF he kept his head on straight.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Would you take a chance on that to bring him back to Texas?
IMO his position is a problem, not him as a person. We already have DD, Wells and Morency.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #3
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Personally I think everyone is entitled to a 2nd chance to redeem themselves which Ricky seems to be getting atm and probably will elsewhere next yr. Just not here, it's not a necessity for us to bring him in when we have bigger fish to fry elsewhere along the O-Line and TE 1st and foremost...
Old 10-16-2005   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

He isnt worth a third or fourth round pick right know. He was a work horse but he looks alot smaller know im not sure if his body can hold up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
...I would think McNair will go out of his way to make sure this IS done...
I thought he had made his point last offseason. I guess Casserly & Capers weren't listening.

Next year, Ricky will be 29. He's lost his power & he was never really speedy. He's not happy with his contract. And he's 1 failed urine test from an one season suspension. Just say no, to Ricky.
Old 10-16-2005   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 171756 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
IMO his position is a problem, not him as a person. We already have DD, Wells and Morency.
Are these guys the type of back we need/use? Don't we need someone with Ricky's running style and size? Hard to have a power run game with small backs. Not saying we should get Ricky, rather the backs we currently have aren't really cut out for the system we run. Then again, all bets are off next year when Dom leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #7
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Are these guys the type of back we need/use? Don't we need someone with Ricky's running style and size? Hard to have a power run game with small backs. Not saying we should get Ricky, rather the backs we currently have aren't really cut out for the system we run. Then again, all bets are off next year when Dom leaves.
Wouldnt use Ricky's size as an example anymore as he's probably around 190-195ish. A player of Ricky's former size would be an asset though. Perhaps Chicago could wheel Benson in here and he gets an offseason to bulk up and you got Ricky part Deux.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read