Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-05-2012   #21
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Walterfootball Mock Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
For a team that was fantastic defensively all year - #2 overall , #3 against the pass and #4 against the run sure seems a lot of these mock guy's want to upgrade the DT spot ..... I think S.Cody had a great year , his second consecutive.
I think they see Guyton as a depth DE since the only quality DE depth we have in Tim Jamison, and since Mitchell wasn't that good in his rotation at NT with Cody they're looking to replace him with a better NT. I think we only need the NT though since that would free up Mitchell to be DE depth. I also think Chapman has the potential to be a stud NT for our 1 gap system in a couple years. Also whatever it takes to get back into the 2nd round we should do it, I want Zeitler or Brandon Washington and Chapman in the 2nd round.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #22
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

We could definitely add depth to both lines. Im not convinced old Walt actually watched Texans games as for much of the season he was saying the GQ experiment was a failure. I thought GQ played very well, especially considering it was his first year as a safety.

I think this is the first year we can truly go BPA. I think we have to be a desirable destination for FAs as we are a team on the rise - if not at the door already. We should be able to fill needs through FA and take the most talented guys available at our slot. I kind of hope one of the teams with 2 second rounders falls in love with someone in our spot as we can add some picks ala the Pats
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #23
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a fan of Walter's mock drafts, but I am a fan of Sanu. Has a low average per catch, but that has something to do with how they used and the average-at-best QB play.
Old 01-06-2012   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Walters is a very well ran, updated on regular basis, website for people who's passion is to follow all things NFL draft 24-7. They have several MODS if you will who post mock drafts & stamp thier names on them, some better than others. Yet I don't see why some people have to feel a negative bias towards the free service they provide? It's really the same thing as this board which is special because its well moderated, organized & great people come here to share their thoughts & ideas

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #25
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Walters is a very well ran, updated on regular basis, website for people who's passion is to follow all things NFL draft 24-7. They have several MODS if you will who post mock drafts & stamp thier names on them, some better than others. Yet I don't see why some people have to feel a negative bias towards the free service they provide? It's really the same thing as this board which is special because its well moderated, organized & great people come here to share their thoughts & ideas
The site is professional and well ran, I literally think that their specific player analysis is not any better than some of you are who watch a lot of football and follow multiple draft sites.
Old 01-07-2012   #26
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like his site and check it often. I just think he's a tad off regarding the Texans, but honestly, why would you follow the Texans closely if you're not a true fan? We haven't done much, yet.... That changes tonight. Go Texans!
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wasnt praticularly complaining about Walter ..... Just making an observation.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #28
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I am interested in 2012 WR prospects. Does anyone know about if Alshon Jeffery entering this year's draft or not?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I am interested in 2012 WR prospects. Does anyone know about if Alshon Jeffery entering this year's draft or not?
Quote:
South Carolina's record-setting receiver Alshon Jeffery is giving up his senior season for the NFL. Jeffery said Thursday he will enter the NFL draft this spring. He set the school record with 3,042 yards receiving over three seasons. He had 49 catches for 762 yards and eight touchdowns this season, capping the year as the Capital One Bowl MVP in the Gamecocks' 30-13 win over Nebraska. Jeffery had four catches for 148 yards against the Cornhuskers, including a 51-yard Hail Mary touchdown grab right before halftime. Jeffery was ejected from the game in the second half for fighting. His best year came in 2010 when he set single-season marks at South Carolina with 88 catches and 1,517 yards. - AP Sports
I've seen his stock sliding according to general opinion but I just don't see it. Still think he is a top 15 pick & Floyd probably 15-20 range.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-09-2012   #30
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've seen his stock sliding according to general opinion but I just don't see it. Still think he is a top 15 pick & Floyd probably 15-20 range.
Yep. We're gonna have to move up if we want either one of them. Best bet is Dwight Jones from N.C. or Wright from Baylor. Unless something happens at the Combine or their Pro-Days to change the order.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #31
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

After seeing Mitchell have a big game against the Bengals, I'm less concerned about the NT position (assuming Wade stays). Shaun Cody has been playing well all year too. I think WR and OL are the way to go in the 1st and 2nd rounds. If Mario leaves in free agency, then I think we need to go OLB in the 3rd or 4th to get some more depth there.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #32
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thank you for info BL. I would like to see many WR prospects available as possible for 2012 draft. After watching this year's games, I feel we are really in need to find #2 WR to solidified our O. I was thinking to fill this position by FA but, it may be too expensive to go this route. At the beginning of this year, I wanted NT more than anything but, seems to me we are good with Cody and Mitchell for now.

Right now, my priority by position will be WR, OG, ILB. To me, after AJ, #2,#3, and #4 are up for grabs next year and would like to see very competitive position battle. I don't know how we are going to keep our 2012 FAs but assuming we kept Dreessen at TE, we may be able to put Casey at Walter's position and save money. I like Walter and all but I feel Casey may able to replace him. I am also looking forward to seeing what Maehl and Jean can offer us next year. As you can tell, my head is spinning and more I think about our WR position, one thing is clear that we are in need of #2 WR. I don't know if I am seeing things right but this is how I see our WR position at the moment.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Thank you for info BL. I would like to see many WR prospects available as possible for 2012 draft. After watching this year's games, I feel we are really in need to find #2 WR to solidified our O. I was thinking to fill this position by FA but, it may be too expensive to go this route. At the beginning of this year, I wanted NT more than anything but, seems to me we are good with Cody and Mitchell for now.

Right now, my priority by position will be WR, OG, ILB. To me, after AJ, #2,#3, and #4 are up for grabs next year and would like to see very competitive position battle. I don't know how we are going to keep our 2012 FAs but assuming we kept Dreessen at TE, we may be able to put Casey at Walter's position and save money. I like Walter and all but I feel Casey may able to replace him. I am also looking forward to seeing what Maehl and Jean can offer us next year. As you can tell, my head is spinning and more I think about our WR position, one thing is clear that we are in need of #2 WR. I don't know if I am seeing things right but this is how I see our WR position at the moment.

Go Texans!!!
A combination of Kendall Wright in first & Jeff Fuller third would cover Texan need like a blanket.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-10-2012   #34
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A combination of Kendall Wright in first & Jeff Fuller third would cover Texan need like a blanket.
That would be great, but I think the Browns are going to get RG3 and Wright with their 1st round picks...
Old 01-10-2012   #35
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That would be great, but I think the Browns are going to get RG3 and Wright with their 1st round picks...
Plus they selected Phil Taylor last year, he turned out to be pretty good, maybe change names to the Baylor Browns

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-10-2012   #36
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Plus they selected Phil Taylor last year, he turned out to be pretty good, maybe change names to the Baylor Browns
I'd be OK with that if it helped them win.

The Browns HC is an offensive guy, so I expect them to spend a lot of picks fixing things on offense. RG3, KW, and a new RG/RT in the first two rounds would be stellar. The start to a perfect draft for the Browns would be RG3 (without trading up), Wright/Jeffrey/Floyd in the 1st, and Zebrie Sanders or Mike Adams in the 2nd, and Kevin Zeitler or Nate Potter in the 3rd. The two 4ths could be spent on a RB like Cyrus Grey (replace Hillis) and LB like Keenan Robinson (improve pass rush). Every one of those guys would likely be in the starting lineup next year, which says a lot about the Browns current roster...
Old 01-10-2012   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'd be OK with that if it helped them win.

The Browns HC is an offensive guy, so I expect them to spend a lot of picks fixing things on offense. RG3, KW, and a new RG/RT in the first two rounds would be stellar. The start to a perfect draft for the Browns would be RG3 (without trading up), Wright/Jeffrey/Floyd in the 1st, and Zebrie Sanders or Mike Adams in the 2nd, and Kevin Zeitler or Nate Potter in the 3rd. The two 4ths could be spent on a RB like Cyrus Grey (replace Hillis) and LB like Keenan Robinson (improve pass rush). Every one of those guys would likely be in the starting lineup next year, which says a lot about the Browns current roster...
Sounds like your Brown GM material in this years group mock draft?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-10-2012   #38
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Sounds like your Brown GM material in this years group mock draft?
I did it last year, so I would be happy to have them again. I grew up in the Cleveland area, so the Browns are the only other team I actively follow. Texans/Browns was also the only game I attended in person this year, but I rooted for the Texans and wore my Watt jersey
Old 01-10-2012   #39
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been keeping up with the Cowgirls and Chiefs.

Drafting for them would be easier than any other teams for me. Dibs LOL

Dutch I really like your plan for the Browns.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #40
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just updated:

Round 1: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
Round 2: Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
Round 3: Robert Lester, S, Alabama
Round 4: Trevor Guyton, DE/DT, California

unsure over the safety pick. again he uses the point of quinn not playing well which i disagree.

pretty happy with the other picks though
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read