Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2012   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56070 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peter King playoff prediction

FWIW....I just got my copy of SI for 1/9/12 that will hit stands on Monday and PK has his playoff chart up....

He has us BEATING Cincy 19-17 moving on to LOSE to the Ravens 27-10 the following week.

As it stands now, I agree with this. I just have an ultra positive feeling going into this game (not saying it is in the bag.....but as a life long pessimist, this team has me optimistic right now against the Bengals at home..) and then losing probably on the raod in BAL.

For those interested, cliff notes version of the rest of his prediction....

Pats vs Saints in the SB and Saints win 34-24.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peter King playoff prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
FWIW....I just got my copy of SI for 1/9/12 that will hit stands on Monday and PK has his playoff chart up....

He has us BEATING Cincy 19-17 moving on to LOSE to the Ravens 27-10 the following week.

As it stands now, I agree with this. I just have an ultra positive feeling going into this game (not saying it is in the bag.....but as a life long pessimist, this team has me optimistic right now against the Bengals at home..) and then losing probably on the raod in BAL.

For those interested, cliff notes version of the rest of his prediction....

Pats vs Saints in the SB and Saints win 34-24.

Seems like a fair assessment to me but can you imagine the feeling that we would have if we were to go to Balti and take one, on the road, from a team we've never beaten? I know I'd be nuts!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #3
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

A playoff win would be great, anything more would just be gravy.

I'm suprised he has us doing anything after putting Tenn. and three 8 and 8 teams ahead of us on his power pole. We are the 14th best team in the league according to him.
Old 01-04-2012   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't like his SB prediction!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #5
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46287 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Pats won't get past Pittsburgh.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #6
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Disagree. Super Bowl or bust.
Old 01-04-2012   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Same. It's how I felt when the Rockets play LAL after Yao got hurt.

Regardless of what happens in these playoffs...We winning the whole ****ing thing next season. (Yes, that includes somehow winning it all this season)
Old 01-04-2012   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason Cole (I think it is) from Yahoo Sports said on Travis Rodgers show that he [paraphrased] "....suspects that Cincinnati would win"...

Email him at will on your thoughts.
Old 01-04-2012   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much how I see it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #10
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Man lets go all the way damn one win!!!
Old 01-05-2012   #11
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 56366 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel pretty good about our chances of beating this Bengals team, and if we were to go to Baltimore and get a win, I think it would be all the fuel this team would need to make it to the Super Bowl.

There is not doubting the part that Psychology plays in this game from a players perspective, and should you defeat one of those hyped up teams that everyone has been picking to win all season long, it raises your level of play and drives you.

Obviously the Texans have the Physical skills to win, they just need to believe they can win it all. Good players in every sport talk about visualizing your goal all the time. Visualize yourself holding the Lombardi Trophy, visualize you and your teammates riding in a convertible during the ticker tape parade and it will happen.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Beat the Bengals, and lose to the Ravens? OK. That's fine.

Giving up 27 points to the Ravens? No. Not the way our D is playing. At least I don't think so.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #13
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Giving up 27 points to the Ravens? No. Not the way our D is playing. At least I don't think so.
Flacco and Torrey Smith abused Rams CB Justin King for 3 catches, all TDs in one quarter. Whether it's Allen or Kareem, but especially Kareem, the same can happen.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #14
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We gave up 29 last time we played them and that was with Schaub and our offense helping to control TOP. Probably be close to the same score if not worse this go around IF we get by Cincy. I'll still be rooting em on though!
Old 01-05-2012   #15
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
We gave up 29 last time we played them and that was with Schaub and our offense helping to control TOP. Probably be close to the same score if not worse this go around IF we get by Cincy. I'll still be rooting em on though!
We held their offense to five FG attempts. Not our fault if those attempts go through. Then on their first TD they got help from an uncalled penalty and two BS personal fouls in a row on Antonio Smith. Then they got a rushing TD in the 4th, after our D had been worn down due to no Andre and not being able to keep the offense on the field. We shut down Ray Rice for three quarters up until the 4th. Contrary to you thinking our offense helped control TOP, we lost that battle in that game. Again, not surprising considering no Andre led to them stacking the box every time out. Not to mention we were getting used to playing without Mario.

Don't go based off numbers. Perhaps you should watch games instead.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see it playing out this way.

Beating the Bengals at home could work one of two ways. It could really give this team a huge confidence boost and momentum going into Baltimore. But, it could also be such a huge win for this franchise that the parties and tendency to lose focus, not to mention going from a rocking Reliant to a likely cold and hostile Baltimore, might be more than this very inexperienced team could handle.

One week at a time, though. I'm not looking past Saturday at this point. I think the Bengals match up well with the Texans, so they have their hands full to beat Cincinnati.
Old 01-05-2012   #17
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We held their offense to five FG attempts. Not our fault if those attempts go through. Then on their first TD they got help from an uncalled penalty and two BS personal fouls in a row on Antonio Smith. Then they got a rushing TD in the 4th, after our D had been worn down due to no Andre and not being able to keep the offense on the field. We shut down Ray Rice for three quarters up until the 4th. Contrary to you thinking our offense helped control TOP, we lost that battle in that game. Again, not surprising considering no Andre led to them stacking the box every time out. Not to mention we were getting used to playing without Mario.

Don't go based off numbers. Perhaps you should watch games instead.
I did watch the game, actually rewatched it this week along with the Cincy game. We played decent football for 39 minutes. Baltimore beat us. They hung 29 points on us. They shutdown our run game (our main strength). They had a 100 yard rusher and Boldin torched us for 129 yards. We had a ton of trouble scoring on their defense and they took over and finished out the game like good teams do. Yes we had a few sacks and forced some turnovers, but they were a better team than us with our first string quarterback and no AJ, they're still better than us with a third string quarterback and AJ.

So yes, all of my response is actually watching the game, not simply being a blind homer. I love my Texans and root like crazy for them. I'm also able to watch games and understand what's actually happening versus rationalizing and excusing certain things when they beat us by 15 points.
Old 01-05-2012   #18
Austex
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Austex was voted MVPAustex was voted MVPAustex was voted MVPAustex was voted MVP

I think Baltimore is more up in the air that PK thinks, could be a trap game for Baltimore. They look at us as a team they've already beaten this year with our #1 QB, not to mention we've never beaten them. Plus we've looked totally beatable since we clinched the division. We're playing the Bengals, who they beat twice this year.

Add to that they got the bye this weekend to feed the ego and it just sounds like a team that might be looking past us a bit.

Of course I could be totally wrong and we lose by 20 but I give our guys more than a fighting chance to pull the upset.
Old 01-05-2012   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austex View Post
I think Baltimore is more up in the air that PK thinks, could be a trap game for Baltimore. They look at us as a team they've already beaten this year with our #1 QB, not to mention we've never beaten them. Plus we've looked totally beatable since we clinched the division. We're playing the Bengals, who they beat twice this year.

Add to that they got the bye this weekend to feed the ego and it just sounds like a team that might be looking past us a bit.

Of course I could be totally wrong and we lose by 20 but I give our guys more than a fighting chance to pull the upset.
You know, I was about to go off about there not being any such thing as a "trap game" in the playoffs...

...then I remembered what happened to the Saints in Seattle last year.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #20
Steleehin
TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 0 Steleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respected

If we beat the bengals ,and the ravens there will be no stopping this team .
Steleehin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read