Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2012   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's AFC Wild Card Preview Video - Texans vs Bengals

Texans vs Bengals Video Preview

Good morning Texans fans! Good luck this week! CONGRATS on making your 1st Playoff Appearance!
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's AFC Wild Card Preview Video - Texans vs Bengals

He picked the Bungles.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Emory! You come in here and rain on our parade for our 1st playoff game ever? Not cool.
Old 01-04-2012   #4
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

My bad guys... My bad.. But hey, I could be wrong
Old 01-04-2012   #5
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

2 things stand out for me.
How many rushing yards did the Bengals have in the 2nd half?
Why bring up the Titans game if you are not going to acknowledge that 2nd and 3rd stringers played most of the game?

Old 01-04-2012   #6
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see no reason to believe the Bengals will win this. We have AJ back and we are closer to full strength than we've been in a long time. While they were busy trying to win a game this week we were in and we got some guys some reps and shut it down.

I honestly don't know what exactly we are supposed to be worried about when it comes to the Bengals. They are a nice team but they haven't done anything exceptionally well against anyone that was worth mentioning this year. We beat them without AJ in their house and now you're asking me to believe that they will come into our house WITH AJ and win?

QB - Bengals
RB - Texans
OL - Texans
TE - WASH
WR - Texans
DL - Texans
LB - Texans
CB - Texans
S - Texans
K - Bengals
P - Texans
Coaching - Texans

I don't see them winning.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #7
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

I love how he uses clips from the Colts, Browns, and Cardinals games to show how the Bengals bunch formation can wreak havoc.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

How did the Bengals "own" the previous game? The Texans had a 412-285 yard edge in total yardage. It was the Texans turnovers (4) that kept Cincy in the lead and forced Yates into the excellent comeback drive. If the Texans can be safer with the ball, with the crowd in a frenzy, I don't see how the Bengals can stay close.

Last edited by Lucky; 01-05-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets see if we can scrounge up 1104 neg reps!! J/K!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for video Em. I am looking forward to seeing Texans' D stop Cincy O all day. Texans with W on to second round of playoffs.

In Wade We Trust!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #11
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

EM. I just rewatched it. It seems like you were saying that "if things go better than they did for the bengals (and I honestly don't see why you really think they would) then the bengals will win. I think they will". But you mentioned that the bengals don't get off of the field on 3rd down... and with AJ out there I'd be willing to bet a coke that we have more rushing yards than they do. I think we can actually make them play catchup which is not the position you want Dalton in.

Mike

Old 01-05-2012   #12
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I see no reason to believe the Bengals will win this. We have AJ back and we are closer to full strength than we've been in a long time. While they were busy trying to win a game this week we were in and we got some guys some reps and shut it down.

I honestly don't know what exactly we are supposed to be worried about when it comes to the Bengals. They are a nice team but they haven't done anything exceptionally well against anyone that was worth mentioning this year. We beat them without AJ in their house and now you're asking me to believe that they will come into our house WITH AJ and win?

QB - Bengals
RB - Texans
OL - Texans
TE - WASH
WR - Texans
DL - Texans
LB - Texans
CB - Texans
S - Texans
K - Bengals
P - Texans
Coaching - Texans

I don't see them winning.

Mike
I think that WR is closer to a wash with a banged up AJ and Green for the Bengals, I think they might be better in depth there too.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #13
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
EM. I just rewatched it. It seems like you were saying that "if things go better than they did for the bengals (and I honestly don't see why you really think they would) then the bengals will win. I think they will". But you mentioned that the bengals don't get off of the field on 3rd down... and with AJ out there I'd be willing to bet a coke that we have more rushing yards than they do. I think we can actually make them play catchup which is not the position you want Dalton in.

Mike
Thanks TMike.. Two things rubbed me the wrong way.. The inconsistent play of Yates as of late..and Dalton's inability to look off of his first targets. I can honestly see a 17-13 type of game. Someone's defense will have to win it imho. As far as Johnson returning, I've pulled a hamstring at least 3 times during my playing days in college (Running Back) and initially the 1st game back you're always hesitant to "take off" because of risk; good thing the game isn't in Cincinnati because of the weather having an effect on the tightness of the "strings"
Old 01-05-2012   #14
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
... initially the 1st game back you're always hesitant to "take off" because of risk;...
It is his second game back.
Old 01-05-2012   #15
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Thanks TMike.. Two things rubbed me the wrong way.. The inconsistent play of Yates as of late..and Dalton's inability to look off of his first targets. I can honestly see a 17-13 type of game. Someone's defense will have to win it imho. As far as Johnson returning, I've pulled a hamstring at least 3 times during my playing days in college (Running Back) and initially the 1st game back you're always hesitant to "take off" because of risk; good thing the game isn't in Cincinnati because of the weather having an effect on the tightness of the "strings"
It isn't his first game back and if you watched last week he looked like he was ready mentally. About Yates... Sure he's been inconsistent of late but most of that is probably due to 1, Brisel being out and 2, Andre being out. Hard to find open receivers and run the ball if you allow a safety to roll away coverage from your number 1 and you force your number 2 and 3 to slide up against cb 1 and 2 respectively. Throw in a slight case of caldwell.

Mike

Old 01-05-2012   #16
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

is that the Terraria theme song in the background?
Old 01-05-2012   #17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't think i heard "arian foster" or "ben tate" once in that video... c'mon, son.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read