Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Bob give the Reliant fans anything special for the game?
Yes - Texans Towels 25 47.17%
Yes - Pom Poms 6 11.32%
Yes - Something Different 9 16.98%
Nope - Bob is too busy stacking fat cash to give us squat! 13 24.53%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2012   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What will Bob do?

Ok, I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that Bob will do something for the game, along the lines of giving the fans Texans Towels, Pom Poms like the Luv Ya Blue era, or something similar.
What are your thoughts?

I'm going Pom Poms, because I think Bob sees the value of invoking the spirit of Luv Ya Blue after two decades.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: What will Bob do?

They've always done the towels so I think it'll be that.
Old 01-04-2012   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think towels, too. My Steelers friend still gives me crap that the Texans "stole" their towel idea, but I just tell him that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The Texans do that with all the good ideas.
Old 01-04-2012   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Nude calenders of the Texans Cheerleaders, or a voucher for 3 free beers...

The towel things seems like it would look good on TV.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #5
Beebo1911
Rookie

Im guessing it will be a Texans Playoff towel sigh I wish i could be there
Beebo1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Bob wants it to look like the Dome footage from this vid.
Look at that sea of pom poms at the 43 second mark! That shyte was crazy, and I want to see something like that again.
Probably wishful thinking on my part, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjXk...eature=related
Old 01-04-2012   #7
jjjezebel
¡Ay, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw towels. I have so many freakin' towels. I want pom poms!
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2012   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Look at that sea of pom poms at the 43 second mark! That shyte was crazy, and I want to see something like that again.

Thanks for the link. It made me all misty.
Steel Blue pom-poms it is!
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #9
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It'll probably be towels. And thanks for posting that video michaelm! Was great watching it.
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #10
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Nude calenders of the Texans Cheerleaders, or a voucher for 3 free beers...

The towel things seems like it would look good on TV.
That has my vote!
Old 01-04-2012   #11
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
That has my vote!
I'm a pervert, so option A is what I'd vote for.

This is what I want Mr. McNair to give us this saturday:

NEW TURF.
Old 01-04-2012   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: What will Bob do?
Nothing, nada, zip......... Remember, Uncle Bob is about the "bottom line"... As long as he's making money, he doesn't really care. Afterall, he's a terrible owner, right???

Old 01-04-2012   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post

NEW TURF.
As an aside (based on your avatar), GO BEARKATS this Saturday playing for a National Championship!!

**** Clemson for making SHSU change the logo, but I digress.
Old 01-04-2012   #14
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
As an aside (based on your avatar), GO BEARKATS this Saturday playing for a National Championship!!

**** Clemson for making SHSU change the logo, but I digress.
This saturday will hopefully be the best day ever! Hopefully my Bearkats win the National Championship, and the Texans win their first playoff game!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
This saturday will hopefully be the best day ever! Hopefully my Bearkats win the National Championship, and the Texans win their first playoff game!
I'd be stoked!! AND you were repped!
Old 01-05-2012   #16
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll get towels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post

NEW TURF.
ABC said we got new turf installed for the game on Saturday.
Old 01-05-2012   #17
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I remember that, it was incredible...and that was after losing!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Looks like towels and Go Texans signs.

Quote:
-Exclusive playoff giveaways at every gate for all fans in attendance, including Reliant Power Towels and Kroger “Go Texans” signs.
http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com...ctivities.html
Old 01-05-2012   #19
Nitrofish
FSM Rules!

Rep Power: 57899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

I think they will go with something different this time. Perhaps some kind of noise maker to help keep the volume up. Voices tend to fade in the 4th.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #20
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 23251 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I think they will go with something different this time. Perhaps some kind of noise maker to help keep the volume up. Voices tend to fade in the 4th.
let's just hope he don't give you vuvuzelas

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read