Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-04-2012   #21
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!

Wish I could be there. I am happy for you and your son man that is awesome.
Old 01-04-2012   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
You know you have an open invitation to come by our tailgate... would be nice to see you again !! Glad to hear you are going to make it to the game !!
Right on, man! Appreciate the invite. I'm sure we will stop by during our trek across orange lot from the train stop. I look forward to seeing you Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
LOL!! You KNOW how I feel DB!! Can't wait to see ya there, and your boy!! Is this the one who looks like he could be our next probowl linebacker?? Better tell him outside cause he just might blow the roof off your house!!

Gonna be a GREAT day at Reliant!!
I'm bringing my youngest son to this one. He was born in 2002, the Texans first year. He's a Taurus, too, just like Toro! hehe

This is his first year in his life to experience a winning team, and he's going to be floored when I tell him tonight.

I'd love to bring my oldest son, but logistics prove tough and he needs lots of leg room to be comfortable.
Old 01-04-2012   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Right on, man! Appreciate the invite. I'm sure we will stop by during our trek across orange lot from the train stop. I look forward to seeing you Saturday!

I'm bringing my youngest son to this one. He was born in 2002, the Texans first year. He's a Taurus, too, just like Toro! hehe

This is his first year in his life to experience a winning team, and he's going to be floored when I tell him tonight.

I'd love to bring my oldest son, but logistics prove tough and he needs lots of leg room to be comfortable.
My brother told me that your son had gotten hurt...been meaning to ask you if he is ok...???
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
My brother told me that your son had gotten hurt...been meaning to ask you if he is ok...???
yeah, he hurt his MCL in a no pads practice. He usually wears those titanium braces the school bought him for protection, but since it was a walk-thru, he decided to leave them behind.

A freshman O-lineman fell on him and took him out for the rest of the season, right before the Sam Houston game at Reliant. It's his first injury, so he's kinda' bummed, but focusing on rehab and getting his strength back for next season.

He's got one year left. He hopes to be seen and get a combine invite, but playing at SFA might not give him exposure. And at 6'10", he's on the tall side for O-linemen.

But he's doing good. Just needs to watch his weight right now, because the boy has an appetite!
Old 01-04-2012   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, he hurt his MCL in a no pads practice. He usually wears those titanium braces the school bought him for protection, but since it was a walk-thru, he decided to leave them behind.

A freshman O-lineman fell on him and took him out for the rest of the season, right before the Sam Houston game at Reliant. It's his first injury, so he's kinda' bummed, but focusing on rehab and getting his strength back for next season.

He's got one year left. He hopes to be seen and get a combine invite, but playing at SFA might not give him exposure. And at 6'10", he's on the tall side for O-linemen.

But he's doing good. Just needs to watch his weight right now, because the boy has an appetite!

Cool....

My brother is going back for one more year as well so looks like they'll be coming out together...

Hopefully they have a better season next year....that'd help them from an exposure standpoint....

/thread hijack
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #26
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
You know you have an open invitation to come by our tailgate... would be nice to see you again !! Glad to hear you are going to make it to the game !!
Still in orange, feels like I haven't seen you in forever!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #27
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't believe I just bought tickets! I though they'd be too pricey or not available. But just got a Ticketmaster e-mail, so I figured that I'd just check out what I thought that I couldn't afford. It took me to an NFL Ticket Exchange website, where upper level endzone seats are available for $120 and up.

Long story short, Christmas bonus + cash gifts = 2 playoff tickets for me and my son. He's going to be floored when I tell him tonight!

Money comes and goes, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is our team's first playoff trip, and for it to be at Reliant, it's just too tempting to pass up. And it will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.

Killer! You have been on my mind as of late on how you were dealing with the mental twister of first playoff game, budget and access to tickets.

The Bulls are aligning. Reliant is better when you are there.
Old 01-04-2012   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 145116 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

That's great, DB! Hope to see you there.
Old 01-04-2012   #29
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Good Deal DB! Wish I could make it.

My wife just asked if I wanted to take my son to see Monster Trucks Saturday at 2 p.m. She looked really confused when I said I couldn't make it this time...until she remembered my game is on Saturday (She's a Steelers fan and they play Sunday). Long story short I'll be watching the game on Saturday and I'll be taking my boy to see the Trucks in Baltimore in March.
Old 01-04-2012   #30
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
This thread has been a really bad influence on me!

I just checked flights and I could fly in to Houston on Friday evening from Boston and go back on Sunday all for $180 round trip. If there are tickets available in the $100s...

Someone convince me not to do it!
PM sent ...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #31
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This thread has been a really bad influence on me!

I just checked flights and I could fly in to Houston on Friday evening from Boston and go back on Sunday all for $180 round trip. If there are tickets available in the $100s...

Someone convince me not to do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
PM sent ...
Old 01-04-2012   #32
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't believe I just bought tickets! I though they'd be too pricey or not available. But just got a Ticketmaster e-mail, so I figured that I'd just check out what I thought that I couldn't afford. It took me to an NFL Ticket Exchange website, where upper level endzone seats are available for $120 and up.

Long story short, Christmas bonus + cash gifts = 2 playoff tickets for me and my son. He's going to be floored when I tell him tonight!

Money comes and goes, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is our team's first playoff trip, and for it to be at Reliant, it's just too tempting to pass up. And it will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.

good job... you inspired me to do the same. Got 2 at $120. My wife turned 30 today so I used that as an excuse to use $ I don't have. I haven't been back to a game since '08 so I am pumped!

Close family friends of mine are taking us, and they are yellow lot tailgaters. That means for the first time(27 games) I will not be partying down in the platinum/blue lot. Makes me sad in a way, because I'd love to be there again parked next to Raging Bull, drinking beer with Brock and gang at St. Arnold's, and of course hanging with the blue crew... but just being at the game is good enough.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Killer! You have been on my mind as of late on how you were dealing with the mental twister of first playoff game, budget and access to tickets.

The Bulls are aligning. Reliant is better when you are there.
Thanks, man! I was torn between wanting to go with all my being, but not wanting my son to be at home watching the game alone. So this is the best of all worlds, including one of my oldest friends and fellow fanatic with Jungle Bob.

My boy had a hard time getting to sleep last night because he's so excited. And that's what it's all about. Experiences and memories that last a lifetime. The money was gifted to me, so my only regret would be to not use it for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's great, DB! Hope to see you there.
Thanks, Lucky! I hope to see you there, as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Good Deal DB! Wish I could make it.

My wife just asked if I wanted to take my son to see Monster Trucks Saturday at 2 p.m. She looked really confused when I said I couldn't make it this time...until she remembered my game is on Saturday (She's a Steelers fan and they play Sunday). Long story short I'll be watching the game on Saturday and I'll be taking my boy to see the Trucks in Baltimore in March.
My sister moved to New Jersey a couple of years ago with her daughters, and I'm sure it's killing her to not have a chance to go to the game, as well. She's widowed now, but her husband was a huge Texans fans with a gigantic logo painted in their house. He was building a Texans room when he got sick, and is buried in his jersey. I plan to get her an AFCS Championship shirt soon, so at least she can have a great reminder of this season.

I'll be at the monster truck show at Reliant the next weekend...unless, of course, the Texans win this weekend and their game conflicts with the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
good job... you inspired me to do the same. Got 2 at $120. My wife turned 30 today so I used that as an excuse to use $ I don't have. I haven't been back to a game since '08 so I am pumped!

Close family friends of mine are taking us, and they are yellow lot tailgaters. That means for the first time(27 games) I will not be partying down in the platinum/blue lot. Makes me sad in a way, because I'd love to be there again parked next to Raging Bull, drinking beer with Brock and gang at St. Arnold's, and of course hanging with the blue crew... but just being at the game is good enough.
Right on, man!!!

Sometimes you just have to disregard things and make the jump. You can never regret great memories, and this Saturday will certainly shape up to be one of them regardless of outcome. Glad you are making the trip!
Old 01-05-2012   #34
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

YEAYYYYYYY, I've missed you so much!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2012   #35
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

After lots of deliberation, I've decided I won't be able to make it to this game. But I will be there in spirit!

Special thank you to Stan for offering me a great deal. Everyone should rep him for me!

Also, my dad will be attending the game and is parking in the blue lot. Would anyone mind if I sent him over your way for some pre game tailgating? He's not part of any groups

I'm just going to plan on attending the AFC Championship game here in Boston when the Texans play the Patriots. (When, not IF!). Unless of course the Steelers beat the Pats and we play the Steelers in Houston. Also acceptable!
Old 01-05-2012   #36
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also, my dad will be attending the game and is parking in the blue lot. Would anyone mind if I sent him over your way for some pre game tailgating? He's not part of any groups
In all my times hanging out with the Blue Crew, they never turned down a single person. Even saw opposing fans there from time to time. I'm positive any of them who read this will say the same. Platinum Lot, front row in the corner. I think at one point there was an actual map someone made that showed their location.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
Old 01-05-2012   #37
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah...that Yellow Lot really SUCKS for tailgating. I would hate it there too.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #38
scourge 
Digression King

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Yeah...that Yellow Lot really SUCKS for tailgating. I would hate it there too.
Though I know you are jk, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Yellow. It's more like saying I'll have a great time in San Antonio, but I miss being home.

I have no doubt I'll enjoy myself greatly. You do get accustomed to drinking fresh St. A's with the owner next to their Bentley, followed by JoeTexan "eating a lightning bolt"(see:Chargers game), among everything else. And I do still have other close friends out there as well.

If I see you out there and have the chance then I'll stop by to say hi so you can stir in person... ha.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2012   #39
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 28861 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Platinum Lot, front row in the corner. I think at one point there was an actual map someone made that showed their location.
Ask and you shall receive...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #40
scourge 
Digression King

Well there you go, gtexan02... Send you're dad that way and they'll take care of him. He'll pass by Raging Bull's setup on the way there and I'm sure he'd enjoy there as well. Blue Crew feels more like a family type thing so I preferred being with those guys when not at my own former setup in between the two.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read