Hall of Fame
Join Date: Mar 2010
Rep Power: 0
1) Kendall Wright, WR, BaylorFolks keep saying we need a big body opposite Andre, but we have plenty of big bodies. What we are missing is talent and this guy is one of the more talented people in the draft. He can play in the slot and he can play outside.
*If he is not available I'd go with Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
2) Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama If still available would be excellent value. Gives the NT position and D-line a boost of talent. He and Cody would be a pretty good rotation there and Earl could probably play a little DE and let JJ Watt and Antonio get some rest. Would immediately push cody for playing time.
*If he is not available I'd go with Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
3) Ben Jones, C, Georgia
Can play some gaurd if needed. Provides a good solid back-up to Myers though. Has played and started a lot of football and has been an anchor for a pretty good O-line.
4) Robert Lester, FS, Alabama
Provides good depth at the Safety position. I like Nolan, but I think we can improve on the talent and depth at that position and I thihk Lester would be great value if available here.
5) Emanuel Acho, ILB, Texas
I think he could come in and immediately compete for a back-up role. Would be good value if available here.
6) Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly
Small School prospect. Not a household name, but is really athletic and has started every game of his college career; freshman thru senior seasons. Can retrurn Kicks if needed. Active tackler and willing tackler. Not afraid to make a hit on the RB.
7) Jeff Demps, RB/Returner, FloridaMostly drafted to return kicks. Bascially a more versatile Trindon Holiday. Can actually play some as a RB. Was considered very good a couple years ago, but Florida as a team has struggled and I think he has been overlooked. He is also a good receiver out of the backfield and as a runner he has averaged about 6.5 ypc for his career. Very exploxive player and is definitely one of if not the fastes player in the draft.
If I went with Jenkins in the first that'd change my draft up a bit, but not much. Instead of Asa Jackson in the 6th I'd take an O-line prospect. If we went plan on getting a WR in FA I may change up my draft as well. But I'd love this draft as is.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|