Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2012   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oilers cheering on Texans at playoff game?

How many Oilers do you think will be at the game Saturday? Or who would you like to see?

I am sure its going to be pretty cool to see some Oilers cheering on the Texans, especially for some of the old die-hard Oilers fans that were burned when the franchise left, and have finally gotten another playoff team.

We all know Bum will be there. I wonder if Earl will come out like he did when we played the Cowboys last year.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oilers cheering on Texans at playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
How many Oilers do you think will be at the game Saturday? Or who would you like to see?

I am sure its going to be pretty cool to see some Oilers cheering on the Texans, especially for some of the old die-hard Oilers fans that were burned when the franchise left, and have finally gotten another playoff team.

We all know Bum will be there. I wonder if Earl will come out like he did when we played the Cowboys last year.
Noone from the Warren Moon come from behind losses years. We don't need that energy in the stadium.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #3
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I read somewhere that Mr. Warren Moon is a fan of the Texans.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Other than Bum and Wade, I'm not sure any other Oilers have ties to the Texans. ...except for Moon. I think Childress still lives in the area. I saw him at a Texans game a couple of years back. Dude looked like he could have suited up and done some damage that day.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Other than Bum and Wade, I'm not sure any other Oilers have ties to the Texans. ...except for Moon. I think Childress still lives in the area. I saw him at a Texans game a couple of years back. Dude looked like he could have suited up and done some damage that day.
Don't forget the Pastorini was right there with Bum when they were lobbying for Wade to get the DC job.
Old 01-03-2012   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I read somewhere that Mr. Warren Moon is a fan of the Texans.
Ironic, considering he's a Seahawks commentator. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that Pastorini, Robert Brazile, Earl Campbell, and Elvin Bethea follow the Texans.

I met Haywood Jeffries last season. He comes to the games too however he admitted to me that "it is not the same", so I did not see him too excited about the Texans.

The sad thing is many of the old Oilers feel lost/forgotten because they are associated with a team that no longer exists.

You can see that here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb8AgqEgYg0
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2012   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I know that Pastorini, Robert Brazile, Earl Campbell, and Elvin Bethea follow the Texans.

I met Haywood Jeffries last season. He comes to the games too however he admitted to me that "it is not the same", so I did not see him too excited about the Texans.

The sad thing is many of the old Oilers feel lost/forgotten because they are associated with a team that no longer exist.

Man... that was hard to hear...
Bud screwed the city, the fans, and his ex-players...
here ya go Bud... this pin's for you
Old 01-03-2012   #9
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haywood Jeffries has been to our tailgate party in the past...I'd bet he's cheering for us.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #10
SeminoleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 113 SeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Warren Moon was at the Falcons game this year.

SeminoleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #11
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

The sad thing is many of the old Oilers feel lost/forgotten because they are associated with a team that no longer exists.

I would like to see these guys on the side-line in a Oilers or Texans jersey with their respective number at play off games. FYI, you cant make a Campbell or Bethea jersey in a Texans uni in the NFL Shop. Seems redonkulous to me.

A Texans jersey would be a spit in the eye to Bud. An Oilers jersey would be a kick in the junk.

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Neat idea.

I wonder if Earl's and Elvin's numbers were retired by the Oilers and that has something to do with why you can used them with the names to customize jerseys....?
Old 01-03-2012   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know, for a fact Bum, Earl, Dante, Mauk, Schumacker and many others ARE ALL on the "side of the team from Houston" and not that old owner that once had a team here!!!..... #FACT!

That said, I'm pretty sure that Munchak and Mathews are somewhat happy for the city of Houston... In addition, Alonzo Highsmith (a scout for the Packers is pretty happy).... Long story short, they're are a lot of guys happy for the Texans... Did I forget Spencer Tillman? Giff Nielson???
Old 01-04-2012   #14
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember hearing Bruce Matthews say one time he wished they had left the Oiler name here....because the history of that team is here not in Tenn....of course that is water under the bridge.

I know a few years back the Texans hosted a bunch of the Old Oilers one weekend ....they had them at a Taste of Victory party at the practice bubble and then on Sunday introduced them to the fans at the game...

It was real nice...
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Everyone EXCEPT Munchak, Mathews and Moon.
Old 01-04-2012   #16
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I remember hearing Bruce Matthews say one time he wished they had left the Oiler name here....because the history of that team is here not in Tenn....of course that is water under the bridge.

I know a few years back the Texans hosted a bunch of the Old Oilers one weekend ....they had them at a Taste of Victory party at the practice bubble and then on Sunday introduced them to the fans at the game...

It was real nice...
It's not for me.
Old 01-04-2012   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Neat idea.

I wonder if Earl's and Elvin's numbers were retired by the Oilers and that has something to do with why you can used them with the names to customize jerseys....?

I noticed it will let you make a "BCAMPBELLA" or a "BBETHEAA" jersey. From there it's a quick stitch removal to get the name you want. If the NFL would ship it I'd order it like that and take the outside letters off myself. Just add one to each side to keep it centered and you're in business!
Old 01-04-2012   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

All those Oiler guys never even chose to play for the Texans.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Everyone EXCEPT Munchak, Mathews and Moon.

You know, I don't wish anything bad on Mike Munchak & Bruce Matthews (apart from losing when they play us or really anyone) so I don't want this to be misinterpreted but I was so happy to see Mike Munchak get the top job up there because as we all know from the Book of Phillips

Phillips 12:9 "There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired."

This means that Mike Munchak has only one place left to go in that organization and that's out the door. He may be their head coach for another two or three years or two or three games but eventually he's going to be shown the door and then he and Bruce Matthews (for whom I hold no malice for leaving to coach with his friend) can return to Houston where they belong.

Once the two of them are back here in the fold then the world will be right. Well, that and Bud lying in the cold, cold ground.
Old 01-04-2012   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTexan View Post
Warren Moon was at the Falcons game this year.

Wearing Falcons colors? OK, maybe that jacket is steel blue, hard to tell.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read