Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2012   #1
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 57086 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default More James Casey Please

I don't know about you guys, but I sure wish Casey was a little more involved in the game plan. Remember him in the Saints game? He looked great against the Titans and think he could do allot of great things for the Texans.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More James Casey Please

if we want to win in the playoffs, casey has to be a part of the gameplan. he's a better blocker than fans realize, but opposing coaches are well aware of the results when he leads. the most dangerous aspect with casey in however, is everything ... which is why we drafted him. tightend, running back, full back, receiver, lead, h-back ... that's a weapon that you scare the crap out of opponents with. we featured him this week for that very reason ... "we have james casey all over the field, what are you going to do about it?".

cant roll coverage to andre, a safety or linebacker needs to follow casey, (freeing up foster). casey leads right taking 2 linebackers with him (one cover, one following lead run) while foster sidelines left into a 49 yard cutback. casey sends a safety's helmet into orbit in search of dunta robinsons' from the goalline.

if we have success in the playoffs, casey will be a HUUUGE part of it. if we dont, i guarantee that his name isnt mentioned.
Old 01-02-2012   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's just now getting back to 100%. Something else for the Bengals to worry about.

Even A.J. was impressed...
LINK
Quote:
Texans fullback James Casey remains a weapon: He’s not your standard fullback. The converted tight end started the Texans' first five games, then missed a couple with a chest injury and never got back ahead of the more traditional Lawrence Vickers.

But Casey’s really more of a pass-catcher than a blocker by nature, and the Titans did poorly in figuring out how to stop him from getting free for seven receptions on seven targets for a team-high 91 yards.

Casey helped get the Texans in range for one of Neil Rackers’ field goals with a brilliant catch, keeping the ball in the air with a left-handed tip before diving to collect it.

“We were lining up in different formations with different personnel, and as a defense it’s kind of hard to understand exactly what we’re going to do,” Casey said. “Because we’re not just doing base things. We’re motioning all over the place. They don’t know if I’m fullback or tight end. It’s tough sometimes for them to set their blitzes or their coverage. Hopefully you can get guys out of spots, out of gaps in the run game and out of their zones in the pass game and try to take advantage of that.”

Next week, with Johnson playing full time and Owen Daniels and Arian Foster back in the lineup, odds are Casey qualifies as only the fourth- or fifth-best receiving option when he’s on the field.

“James has some crazy hands,” Johnson said. “He’s probably the guy I’ve seen make the most one-handed catches. His hands are very, very good, I think he has the best hands on this team. I don’t know who has the best in the league, but I think he’s right up there.”
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Casey was not in the Bengals game right? HHmmm.....
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #5
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see Casey utilized in more creative ways: FB, H-back, Slot ect.. He's got so much talent, and I love his attitude. I'd love to see us run the ball out of a 4 wide set with OD, JD, Casey and Graham - talk about downfield blocking. I also think we sould utilize our TEs in the slot much like Indy does with Dallas Clark. I think Casey could be a Dallas Clark-lite if given the opportunity. FB screens, TE screens, the possibilities are endless with our crew of TEs. Look at the success NE has with their stable.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Been asking for this since he was drafted. For some reason or another though, Kubiak will never fully believe in him. He's been the most underutilized player on this team since he was drafted.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

He's gotta stay healthy, maybe that means less of a role on special teams. I like Dreesen but I'd really like to see Casey get the reps opposite OD. Garret Graham made a nice catch too. He looks like he has some ability. Casey made some awesome catches this year and last Sunday was right up there.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2012   #8
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 57086 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
He's gotta stay healthy, maybe that means less of a role on special teams. I like Dreesen but I'd really like to see Casey get the reps opposite OD. Garret Graham made a nice catch too. He looks like he has some ability. Casey made some awesome catches this year and last Sunday was right up there.
I did not mean I want to see him at TE... I say keep Dreesen and OD in those spots. I like Casey in the FB spot as he is much more difficult to defend for opposing teams coming out of the backfield.

It really causes the other team problems and stretches the field allot more with him coming out of the backfield or in motion out of the backfield.

I have seen him crushing linebackers on lead blocks too so he is not just a receiving threat. He can actually function as a lead blocker for Foster or Tate or help out on those speed rushers that gives Winston so many problems.

Old 01-02-2012   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I did not mean I want to see him at TE... I say keep Dreesen and OD in those spots. I like Casey in the FB spot as he is much more difficult to defend for opposing teams coming out of the backfield.

It really causes the other team problems and stretches the field allot more with him coming out of the backfield or in motion out of the backfield.

I have seen him crushing linebackers on lead blocks too so he is not just a receiving threat. He can actually function as a lead blocker for Foster or Tate or help out on those speed rushers that gives Winston so many problems.
I say just throw the damn kid all over the place. Hell, line him him up at slot WR if he is having his way. Thor has shown that he can ball out there if you let him go out there and make plays. Kidding aside, I'd love to see him moved back and forth from FB to TE in a nice rotation, but seeing the field a lot and getting the ball to him. I'd much rather target him more than Jacoby Jones.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #10
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't expect to see a lot of casey in the play offs.. with OD AJ and foster coming back.. look for vickers to play most of the snaps..hands down vickers is the better run blocker...there is a reason why casey wasn't playing much even after he got healty...
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #11
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

Double post... stupid phone...
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #12
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I say just throw the damn kid all over the place. Hell, line him him up at slot WR if he is having his way. Thor has shown that he can ball out there if you let him go out there and make plays. Kidding aside, I'd love to see him moved back and forth from FB to TE in a nice rotation, but seeing the field a lot and getting the ball to him. I'd much rather target him more than Jacoby Jones.
I can agree with that... Jones tends to get my blood pressure up more than his receptions. Moving Casey around sounds like a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Don't expect to see a lot of casey in the play offs.. with OD AJ and foster coming back.. look for vickers to play most of the snaps..hands down vickers is the better run blocker...there is a reason why casey wasn't playing much even after he got healty...
I am not sure I am with you on this one Clutch... I think Casey is just now getting back to being 100% healthy after going down with that Pectoral problem. I hope you are wrong about that. "Hands of stone" Vickers broke my heart already this year.

I tore a Pec once while playing baseball and I can tell you it took a very long time to get back to normal. It's my opinion based on the first part of the season Kubiak was trying to utilize him more. I still cannot forget that diving TD reception against the Saints!

Old 01-03-2012   #13
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

That was also when they had somewhere around a 20% red zone TD percentage. Of course that was also due to not having Foster, but Tate is capable of more than a redzone 1ypc if the better run blocking personnel were in.

Ideally I hope they split snaps with Vickers and rotate Casey more in the double tight end sets.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got a feeling we're gonna use the shit out of him in the playoffs. I sure hope so. Nobody will be able to guard him without exposing another area on the field, preferably for Dreesen or Daniels.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

You WILL be seeing more or Casey Saturday.........as TE. OD was not looking sharp at all his last game in. There's a good reason.........his knee is inflamed and giving him significant problems. Just in the past week it has been drained several times. This and Casey's admirable play at that position herald's Casey's showcase this upcoming game.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read