Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #1
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We scored more than 20 points

First time since Schaub went out, we scored more than 20 points. Just putting that out there...
Old 01-01-2012   #2
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We scored more than 20 points

Sorry u TJ fans, I liked what I saw in Delhomme

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Just shows how bad this game would have been for TEN if everyone is around..
Old 01-01-2012   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Next week, TJ hits AJ for 40+..............3 times. I'm not kidding. He can do that, although I worry about 15 yd. picks, and AJ is going to go nuts, probably on Tennessee in Houston.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #5
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Sorry u TJ fans, I liked what I saw in Delhomme
Delhomme still showed me nothing more than TJ did the last few weeks. Took him a little while to get started. TJ started out pretty dang hot outside of that sack. 4/4 for a good 40something yards, right? Granted, I, like many others around here, have been extremely critical of TJ the two games prior to this one. But he started out hot and I think he could have had a solid game today.

tl;dr I have a feeling we would have scored 20+ with TJ too.
Old 01-01-2012   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

only thing jake showed me was that he would throw it deep and not dump it off.
for better or worse
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #7
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE;1868600[B
]Delhomme still showed me nothing more than TJ did the last few weeks.[/b] Took him a little while to get started. TJ started out pretty dang hot outside of that sack. 4/4 for a good 40something yards, right? Granted, I, like many others around here, have been extremely critical of TJ the two games prior to this one. But he started out hot and I think he could have had a solid game today.

TJ hasn't throw a ball for more than 25+ yards since the failed attempt in Cincy where Jones dropped the ball....He has checked off something fierce and has had trouble locating open receivers...

Delhomme threw 4 today deep and was getting his timing down...

experience my good man, experience...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2012   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Delhomme still showed me nothing more than TJ did the last few weeks. Took him a little while to get started. TJ started out pretty dang hot outside of that sack. 4/4 for a good 40something yards, right? Granted, I, like many others around here, have been extremely critical of TJ the two games prior to this one. But he started out hot and I think he could have had a solid game today.

i have to disagree bud. i've tried like hell to diagnose yates and see where i think he is, and did the same once delhomme went in. they're not even close in my opinion. this season and right now, delhomme is the better quarterback and more likely to win playoffs games for us. seeing the distance between those two, my opinion to favor garcia is only strengthened (though not an option at this point) ... and i worry about a hindsight post forthcoming.

delhomme settled his feet almost instantly ... feet lead the eyes lead the arm ... and he has the fundamentals still in place. delivery is solid. first look is a little off, but with a backup line and jacoby as your #1 that's to be expected. we know what he can do with steve smith, having andre is a whole other level. yates needs no less than another season to equal delhomme and two to be near schaub. delhomme in the same amount of time in the pocket is able to locate his second read and dump before yates goes one and dump. feel of the pocket, threat, gameplanning options, experience, and so many more traits lead toward the veteran that i think the choice is obvious. not to mention that delhomme has taken THIS team ... one with a 2 headed running monster and top defense to the superbowl (in houston no less),

yates is a bundle of potential, and i think he is very likely to be heir apparent to schaub, but there's no way i'd "potential" at quarterback with veteran winning experience as an option in the postseason.

edit: not a sober post.
Old 01-02-2012   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that Kubiak now feels that if Yates isn't cutting it this week in our 1st ever playoff game that he will go with Delhomme. I don't want him to have the Yates is our man attitude if he's throwing picks and keeping us from scoring.

If Schaub was playing I would say live and die with Schaub but that's not the case.

More importantly I hope that Yates sees how well Delhomme played.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #10
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
TJ hasn't throw a ball for more than 25+ yards since the failed attempt in Cincy where Jones dropped the ball....He has checked off something fierce and has had trouble locating open receivers...

Delhomme threw 4 today deep and was getting his timing down...

experience my good man, experience...
My thoughts exactly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read