Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2012   #1
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 101 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans second half play selection.

I'm taking a break from my usual harsh analysis of the texans to look at our play calling. We agent the most capable team to close games out as of right now but I honestly can't see any justification with these play calls. After the loss to the panthers I started to play a little game by predicting what the texans were going to do with the football. I didnt jot down my results but I ended up calling pass/run successfully except for one our two plays. My point is if I can see what were going to call surely nfl defenses can see shares coming a well.

WE didn't even pass on first down like we usually do. Gotta place the blameon kubes again.
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans second half play selection.

Well, now that you're "placing the blame" on Kubiak again, does that make you feel better?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you see some of the players on our O-line? Austin? Gardner? Who?

We had our reserves in. The game didn't matter. We played well and competitively with our backups. We're fine.

As for the playcalling, we had DELHOMME as our QB, and we ran the ball fairly well. Why stray away from what's working?
Old 01-01-2012   #4
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

A meaningless game with an opponent you'll play again the next week. Heaven forbid he opens up the playbook so they have valid film on us. Kubes played it right. Let the Titans limp in so you can smash them in the first round.
Old 01-01-2012   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, it's probably the better choice to just ignore these "playcalling" dummies, (everyone has an opinion and all that) but I'm just stunned in amazement at the complete lack of football knowledge of these so-called "hard-core" fans sometimes.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

For god sakes people, Kubiak was trying to give the game to the Titans and he succeeded and I say good deal. After watching our benchwarmers give the Titans all they wanted, I definitely want to play them again next week when the game means something.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #7
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 101 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay so you are ask in agreement that it is okay to let the titans have momentum should they cruise into the playoffs.
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2012   #8
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcoachment View Post
Okay so you are ask in agreement that it is okay to let the titans have momentum should they cruise into the playoffs.
If the titans make it, they will be scared to death knowing they barely beat our 2nd and 3rd stringers, i think it will be more of a deflating feeling to them TBH
Old 01-01-2012   #9
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly... if you were a Titan player, would you feel good about that win? I know, a win is a win. But you barely escaped, playing against the backups most of the time.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #10
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is not about being a bandwagon or fair weather fan. Amongst my closest friends ive said the Texans would make the playoffs dating back to when we hired Wade Phillips. But unfortunately it's not about making the playoffs like we all thought it was. Our situation now is like the Astros playoff run. They made all that progress just to come up short. It wasn't like it was close, it was far from close.

And that is the thing..fans stick with you win or lose as long as you keep it close and show that you tried. With these last two losses the way we have lost makes me want to throw in the towel. If they lose next week, I'm not even watching the playoffs. Been crushed too many times by htown sports teams.
Quote:
you said you were done. get the f out

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #11
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

A red rep bar, never seen that before.
Quote:
Amongst my closest friends ive said the Texans would make the playoffs dating back to when we hired Wade Phillips
But with gems like this I guess.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #12
Endcoachment
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
you said you were done. get the f out
They lost and i wouldnt be suprised if we got stunned at home again. How do we have a better road record against better teams? Obviously a home game does not give texans the edge.
Old 01-02-2012   #13
Endcoachment
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
A red rep bar, never seen that before.

But with gems like this I guess.
Rep is the same exact thing as street cred. It may look important here but in the real world it means crap.

I bet you go to bars gloating over how much rep you have here, doesnt that sound stupid?

Bottom line i only care about solid input, rep or your harsh opinion doesnt phase me.
Old 01-02-2012   #14
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping that Kubiak has been working on his master plans for the playoffs and not being AS worried about the last few games which don't really effect us so much.
If I am wrong and he calls a game like the past 3, then I say show him the door. He's had plenty of time to show us if he is the man or not. A record of 47-49 does not instill a lot of confidence.

If he succeeds and gets us deep into the playoffs, or especially to the big dance, then I think a 2-3 year extension is in order to prove to us all this isn't a fluke. I'm not ready to give him anything larger after only our 2nd winning season

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read