Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How Will the Texans' Season End?
We lose to the Wild Card team at Reliant. One and done!! 6 15.79%
We lose in the Division round. 13 34.21%
We lose in the AFC Conference Championship Game. 5 13.16%
We lose in the Super Bowl. 1 2.63%
We win the Super Bowl in the Colts' home stadium. 13 34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2011   #1
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How Will Our Season Play Out

After we beat the Titans, it's on to the playoffs where we will have the opportunity to play 4 more games if we continue to win.

How do you see the season playing out?
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #2
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Will Our Season Play Out

I desperately hope I'm wrong but if I'm being honest, I see us losing next weekend. That being said, if we show some signs of offensive life tomorrow, I might feel a bit better about it. The silver lining to all of this though is: Our team looks loaded for the next several years and we're not likely to suffer through this sort of injury barrage again (please god).
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see how AJ is doing and how TJ meshes with him. That will have a big influence on how I vote.
The last deep ball TJ completed was to a 50-yd strike to AJ. If TJ-to-AJ can pick up from there, we have a shot to do some damage in the playoffs.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #4
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

I see us winning the wildcard game without a doubt, being at home is a plus. The level of noise that us fans gave during the Falcon game will be nothing compared to next weekend. The following game will be really hard.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #5
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we win the wild card game but lose in the Divisional round. I hope I'm wrong about the latter.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

WE WIN IT ALL....

(END THREAD)
Old 12-31-2011   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87506 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

1 & done...I just can't get past that we have a 3rd string rookie starting at qb for us.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2011   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
1 & done...I just can't get past that we have a 3rd string rookie starting at qb for us.
and imagine how Patriot fans felt when Brady took over
Old 12-31-2011   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
and imagine how Patriot fans felt when Brady took over
Or the fans of the many, many, teams whose teams have tanked after losing just their first string QB...
Old 12-31-2011   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Or the fans of the many, many, teams whose teams have tanked after losing just their first string QB...
yep. Man i dunno to me this season is playing out like a hollywood script. To me it just seems fitting for us to go to the superbowl.

All the injuries, the last 2 games colapses. losing to the 1-13 colts. Just seems very erry to me.
Old 12-31-2011   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95576 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans demolish the Bengals at home and the Steelers beat the Denver Tebows in round 1.

We get revenge in Baltimore where Cushing and Barwin go off for 9 sacks combined and Flacco cries. Steelers expose what NE calls a defense.

AFC Championship game: Texans assault big ben embarrasing them 42-3.

Texans vs Niners in Superbowl.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Texans demolish the Bengals at home and the Steelers beat the Denver Tebows in round 1.

We get revenge in Baltimore where Cushing and Barwin go off for 9 sacks combined and Flacco cries. Steelers expose what NE calls a defense.

Would be awesome for sure. I can only hope it turns out that perfect.

Luckly for me i am a homer who is blinded by my koolaid red,white and blue sunglasses. So thinking that could happen is no problem
Old 12-31-2011   #13
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans front office digs around the NFL rule book and finds loop-holes in the IR rules... Because Matt Schaub will not physically set his feet on the field, he will be allowed to play in that scooter thing he is rolling around in... the scooter, even on a dying battery, allows Schaub to be even more mobile than he was with two healthy legs (if they even qualify as normal legs)... Kubiak programs scooter to drop back three yards in a handing off motion before jolting to either the right or left (bootleg, left/right option controlled by Kubiak, button on bigassplaysheet)... Since Schaub's legs are not so strong anyway (hence no strong arm, no legs behind passes), he's still able to sling it around rather well just sitting down in the scooter...

Texans break playoff scoring records... Cushing suspended for playoffs for cheapshotting every unworthy offensive probowler... Watt kicked out of league and put on a white bus headed to Hunstville for beating ref within inch of his life after another BS roughing call... defense still does enough without the two and in spite of Kareem The Bad Dream Jackson and win the Super Bowl...

Then I woke up, and they were bounced out in the second round...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
I desperately hope I'm wrong but if I'm being honest, I see us losing next weekend.
How is this being honest?

None of the teams we might play is playing any better than we are right now.

Cincinnati isn't, Oakland isn't, The Jets aren't, & Tennessee ain't.

The Jets are the only team that might be considered "salty" that might be able to use their play-off experience to channel some inner greatness.

But we've beat Cincy with Tj Yates, & while there was a little luck involved, Cincy had some of that go their way in that game & still lost (that Tate Fumble).

Oakland... Yeah, we lost, again more of that luck stuff that could go either way. They had one more break than we did.

Tennessee.... we're going to get a good game from them. We made them quit at home...... we'll make them quit @Reliant.

I'm expecting a win next weekend, regardless who we play (unless Baltimore somehow end up in the 6th seed which is impossible).

We'll then go to Baltimore/Pittsburgh..... if a spark is lit with that first win, I'm hoping the AFC Championship game comes back to Houston where we'll play Baltimore/Pittsburgh.

Neither of those teams will beat us @Reliant, we won't let them.

Then it's on to the Super Bowl & we'll probably play the 49ers..... our mirror image.
Old 12-31-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I want to see how AJ is doing and how TJ meshes with him. That will have a big influence on how I vote.
The last deep ball TJ completed was to a 50-yd strike to AJ. If TJ-to-AJ can pick up from there, we have a shot to do some damage in the playoffs.
That was the last completion. He's been throwing them deep, that knuckle head can't catch them.
Old 12-31-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Why are we the only ones seeing this?

Old 12-31-2011   #17
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That was the last completion. He's been throwing them deep, that knuckle head can't catch them.
true he threw it deep to J.J a few weeks ago and he let it go right through his hands i doubt TJ has much faith ij JJ at this point, and i dont blame him.
Old 12-31-2011   #18
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95576 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why are we the only ones seeing this?

No one else has starting New Years drinking yet?

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win the Super Bowl.

February 5, 2012, this TexansTalk poll will be posted :

Should Kubiak Get Another Year?

1) Yes ......... 38%
2) No ........... 62%
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #20
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

To me, this is an easy one. We are one and done!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read