Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2011   #41
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So, we’re back to jumping on Gary Kubiak again? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman2005 View Post
I didn't really sense any trolling..
When you continue to say fictitious things like suggesting that a ton of people are in here saying that our HC should be fired when that hasn't been the case, than you're trolling by trying to exaggerate things in order to get some sort of response.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
When you continue to say fictitious things like suggesting that a ton of people are in here saying that our HC should be fired when that hasn't been the case, than you're trolling by trying to exaggerate things in order to get some sort of response.
Tex is right. The guy is continuously yelling out how HE has all this faith in the team and in the HC and everyone else is a sub-par Texans fan in his eyes.

Then when he gets called on it, he goes into Kobe Bryant mode where he acts like he did nothing wrong to have deserved the retaliation. If anything, I was excited that someone here other than me decided to call that stuff out right from the beginning in this thread.

It's just unfortunate that this has, indeed, fed the troll. It's the circle jerk of life.
Old 12-31-2011   #43
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Tex is right. The guy is continuously yelling out how HE has all this faith in the team and in the HC and everyone else is a sub-par Texans fan in his eyes.

Then when he gets called on it, he goes into Kobe Bryant mode where he acts like he did nothing wrong to have deserved the retaliation. If anything, I was excited that someone here other than me decided to call that stuff out right from the beginning in this thread.

It's just unfortunate that this has, indeed, fed the troll. It's the circle jerk of life.

Ridiculous ass post. I say what I said to agree with Solomon's article because people DID lose faith, and I'm a troll..

To hell with it, I'll embrace it for you two. I won't back off what I said. And I didn't mention anyone on the board more than I meant what I said about people that are fans of the team THAT AREN'T ON THIS BOARD. Keep reaching for the stars with these claims though.
Old 12-31-2011   #44
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

Ridiculous ass post. I say what I said to agree with Solomon's article because people DID lose faith, and I'm a troll..

To hell with it, I'll embrace it for you two. I won't back off what I said. And I didn't mention anyone on the board more than I meant what I said about people that are fans of the team THAT AREN'T ON THIS BOARD. Keep reaching for the stars with these claims though.
Great post - repped. But seriously, you are dealing with the no-hopers here, best leave them stew in it - they'll be "right" no matter the outcome
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

In an attempt to get back on topic and avoid having the thread locked down due to trolling, I will attempt to get it back on topic. Here goes:

It's easy to jump on GK because he rarely offers any glimpse into what he was doing or why he handled games the way he did. He plays his cards close to his chest, and even though sometimes he sheds light upon facets of the just-played game...it's a rarity.

Can't blame the guy for staying mum on his strategies.

However, what's frustrating is that the two losses are in a sort of vacuum, IMO.

So many questions to answer:

Is the team just flat out tired from enduring all the season's worth of trials and tribulations?

Have teams figured us out, now that we don't have Schaub and don't have AJ to factor into the equation?

Was Kubiak trying to play it safe in the two games, especially the Colts game?

Is TJ Yates the one scaling things back for whatever reason(s)?

Are the two losses just an anomaly to the previous 7-game winning streak?

Wade Phillips had surgery, and was that a distraction that hindered us in more ways than just the defense itself?

-----------------

The HC is the HC and that's it. Buck stops with him, and everyone knows it. Solomon says that fans are jumping on him, but I don't see that mentality on here. Maybe he listens to the radio too much??? People vent about their unmet expectations, and sometimes they revert back to what they know best...and what we know best is that the previous seasons under Kubiak were riddled with uninspired play in key times of the season.

What's unique about THIS season is that we usually fall off in the middle and rise to the occasion at the end of the season when it doesn't matter anymore. This time, the tables are flipped. We're struggling with the last few games that are happening juuuuuuust before a Round 1 wild card playoff game we're locked into.

People are sweating, and it's natural. Not sure why it's bad for any fan to be nervous or to vent and even possibly rail against the HC right now. It comes with the territory. GK has thick skin, thicker than the people criticizing him and thicker than the ones blindly supporting him who aren't happy that he's being scrutinized.
Old 12-31-2011   #46
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
In an attempt to get back on topic and avoid having the thread locked down due to trolling, I will attempt to get it back on topic. Here goes:

It's easy to jump on GK because he rarely offers any glimpse into what he was doing or why he handled games the way he did. He plays his cards close to his chest, and even though sometimes he sheds light upon facets of the just-played game...it's a rarity.

However, what's frustrating is that the two losses are in a sort of vacuum, IMO.

So many questions to answer:

Is the team just flat out tired from enduring all the season's worth of trials and tribulations?

Have teams figured us out, now that we don't have Schaub and don't have AJ to factor into the equation?

Was Kubiak trying to play it safe in the two games, especially the Colts game?

Is TJ Yates the one scaling things back for whatever reason(s)?

Are the two losses just an anomaly to the previous 7-game winning streak?

Wade Phillips had surgery, and was that a distraction that hindered us in more ways than just the defense itself?

-----------------

The HC is the HC and that's it. Buck stops with him, and everyone knows it. Solomon says that fans are jumping on him, but I don't see that mentality on here. Maybe he listens to the radio too much??? People vent about their unmet expectations, and sometimes they revert back to what they know best...and what we know best is that the previous seasons under Kubiak were riddled with uninspired play in key times of the season.

What's unique about THIS season is that we usually fall off in the middle and rise to the occasion at the end of the season when it doesn't matter anymore. This time, the tables are flipped. We're struggling with the last few games that are happening juuuuuuust before a Round 1 wild card playoff game we're locked into.

People are sweating, and it's natural. Not sure why it's bad for any fan to be nervous or to vent and even possibly rail against the HC right now. It comes with the territory. GK has thick skin, thicker than the people criticizing him and thicker than the ones blindly supporting him who aren't happy that he's being scrutinized.
That's all I said. People were sweating. I, like Solomon, thought it was cold. Enough about "trolling" or whatever.

Anyway, I feel like the last two losses were what you see after huge win streaks. I like the Rockets analogy from 2008. After 22 straight Ws, the Rockets were pummeled by Boston, then had a big lead on New Orleans before getting hammered in the 2nd half. They proceeded to win a few more games (even had a nice 5 game win streak) then ran into the WRONG team in round 1 (Jazz; bad, bad match-up).

My thing is now, who's that team that you don't want to run into? At this point, who is that? These 6th seeds, as much as they want to believe we are beatable, they are, too.
Old 01-01-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the hater threads, if it would have came during the winning streak. Especially the Atlanta & Cincinnati game.

There were several reasons during that game to explain why the game went the way it did. Other than the first 15 plays, Gary only has an idea of how the game is going to play out. Other than that, he handles each situation as they come up.... just like you would.

We threw on first down, we threw on second down & we threw on 3rd down. A bigger problem (I think) than our 1-10 3rd down conversions, is the fact that we couldn't gain more than 2 yards on 1st down, or 2nd down 10 times to put us in those 3rd & longs...

We weren't staying on schedule & we weren't protecting our QB.

By protecting our young QB I mean we weren't running the ball well or playing good defense. If we can run the ball well, if we can play good defense, if we can stay on schedule, we can let Tj play.

If not, we're going to protect the lead. If we're trailing, we're going to ask Tj to step up.

We're going to win as a team. That gives us the best chance to go deep in the play-offs.

Old 01-01-2012   #48
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the hater threads, if it would have came during the winning streak. Especially the Atlanta & Cincinnati game.

There were several reasons during that game to explain why the game went the way it did. Other than the first 15 plays, Gary only has an idea of how the game is going to play out. Other than that, he handles each situation as they come up.... just like you would.

We threw on first down, we threw on second down & we threw on 3rd down. A bigger problem (I think) than our 1-10 3rd down conversions, is the fact that we couldn't gain more than 2 yards on 1st down, or 2nd down 10 times to put us in those 3rd & longs...

We weren't staying on schedule & we weren't protecting our QB.

By protecting our young QB I mean we weren't running the ball well or playing good defense. If we can run the ball well, if we can play good defense, if we can stay on schedule, we can let Tj play.

If not, we're going to protect the lead. If we're trailing, we're going to ask Tj to step up.

We're going to win as a team. That gives us the best chance to go deep in the play-offs.

I don't like criticizing anybody during winning streaks. It comes off as just trolling and trying to get attention and ruining everyone's fun. Right?

So when the losing begins, it's OK to discuss problems...even the problems we saw during the good times but didn't want to rain on any parades at the time.

I honestly think the team took a 2-week vacation. The celebration after the Bengals game, the surgery with Wade Phillips, etc. To me, there was a going-through-the-motions attitude we haven't seen all season long until these past two games. Correction: In the Colts game, JJ Watt was a beast and it stung to see him get tagged over and over for penalties when he was perhaps the only one out there getting the work done consistently for us. It was like getting salt rubbed into a wound.

This game suddenly becomes a bit like the Bengals game. You need to win, IMO, to gain momentum AND to keep the last remaining AFC South team from getting into the playoffs. The last thing we want is to have won the division but to let the Titans into the playoffs and risk them beating us. That would suck.
Old 01-01-2012   #49
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Our Division is so bad that the Titans have a chance to make the playoffs...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read