Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2011   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So, we’re back to jumping on Gary Kubiak again? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm not sure I'd change my mind about Kubiak if he wins a game or two in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I want the man gone, but I'll be cheering like hell for him to win. Being a Texan fan rises above disliked or beloved players/coaches/GM/owner. I used to cheer for the Oilers while I hated Bud Adams. I can cheer for the Texans while wishing Kubiak gone.
I also wanted Kubiak fired 2 years ago after the 2009 season, but last year understood McNairs decision to keep him going into the 2010 season with all of the CBA uncertainty. Now I say let this season play out before we start hollering for his scalp again. Could be I'll be in the crowd hollering the loudest if he bungles the last 2 games ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, seriously. Football is the opposite of our court system where you are innocent until proven guilty. In football, you are crappy until proven good. Kubiak has had one good year (this one), and he wouldn't have had that without Wade Phillips. He's still a crappy head coach.

He may be less crappy than he used to be, but that doesn't mean he still isn't worthless.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If nothing else, I think 99% of us can agree that Kubiak does not deserve an extension.
Let's not get emotional about it.
Old 12-28-2011   #23
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I just can't help considering which is the anomaly:

A) having the owner hire a key part of Kubiak's staff for him (which resulted in a strong defense) + an easy-peasy schedule = playoffs

B) having Kubiak hire his own staff + a tougher schedule = mediocrity
Old 12-28-2011   #24
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

A) having the owner hire a key part of Kubiak's staff for him (which resulted in a strong defense) + an easy-peasy schedule = playoffs

Mediocrity is over. He could hire me; it's over.
Old 12-28-2011   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

If Wade doesn't come back next year, we find out real quick.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wonder which thread gets most posts?

Wade Phillips moves on

Mario Williams moves on

Kareem Jackson continues to start

Kubiak says 2011 was "on me"
Old 12-28-2011   #27
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we're in the AFC Championship game with Tj Yates..... yes. If not.. no.
You are the 1%...

Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Just imagine Kubiak doesn't come back next year, for whatever reason.

I think one of the main reason for Wade to take this defense from worse to first, is because of the Talent we had been stockpiling on defense. We're loaded with 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, former 1st & 2nd rounders, with the occasional 4th rounder thrown in there.

Who are we going to get to turn our offense into an elite unit? We've got a 1st round WR, 1st round LT, 2nd round RB, a few thirds & whatever else we could find.

I know Arian is going to be Arian. But how well is our line going to look if we change to a power O team? (like Wade did going from a 4-3 to a 3-4). Our TEs won't work in a traditional system.... neither are blocking types.

2 draft picks & 2 FAs..... would that be enough for the transformation?
Old 12-28-2011   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really want to see this defense after a full off season and another draft / FA period.

Of course, Wade has to be here for that to happen. It's tough to sorta' root against a guy that you admire so much, but that's the way I feel about Wade taking a HC gig somewhere else.
Old 12-28-2011   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I really want to see this defense after a full off season and another draft / FA period.

Of course, Wade has to be here for that to happen. It's tough to sorta' root against a guy that you admire so much, but that's the way I feel about Wade taking a HC gig somewhere else.
So DB, if Wade went to the Jags as head coach and proceeded to kick our ass twice a year for the next five years, would you still love him?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #31
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
So DB, if Wade went to the Jags as head coach and proceeded to kick our ass twice a year for the next five years, would you still love him?
Well, if he did, that would certainly answer a lot of questions being debated in a lot of threads on this MB now wouldn't it?...LOL

I can say this, I'm wishing the best of luck to the Houston Texans organization for the rest of this season and into the play-offs whoever the best coach is and regardless of which coach or players are responsible for the success.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Nope. I suspended my liking for him once (Dallas), and I can do it again!!

I may have low standards, but standards nonetheless.
Old 12-29-2011   #33
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
If nothing else, I think 99% of us can agree that Kubiak does not deserve an extension.
He will get one though.
Old 12-30-2011   #34
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just imagine Kubiak doesn't come back next year, for whatever reason.

I think one of the main reason for Wade to take this defense from worse to first, is because of the Talent we had been stockpiling on defense. We're loaded with 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, former 1st & 2nd rounders, with the occasional 4th rounder thrown in there.

Who are we going to get to turn our offense into an elite unit? We've got a 1st round WR, 1st round LT, 2nd round RB, a few thirds & whatever else we could find.

I know Arian is going to be Arian. But how well is our line going to look if we change to a power O team? (like Wade did going from a 4-3 to a 3-4). Our TEs won't work in a traditional system.... neither are blocking types.

2 draft picks & 2 FAs..... would that be enough for the transformation?
I understand Mike Sherman is looking for work...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I understand Mike Sherman is looking for work...
I just repped you in another thread. JUst repped you.

If I knew then what I know now.

Old 12-30-2011   #36
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #37
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone see McNair firing a coach he personally likes who lost two QB's and his only real WR? I don't.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #38
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just repped you in another thread. JUst repped you.

If I knew then what I know now.

That's why I'm hiding...

If Sherman shows up on Kirby again, I'll help you gather up the torches and pitchforks to go storm the place.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #39
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Until Kubes can coach 4 quarters of all out, take no prisoners type football, he is not really the kind of coach we need. You can call people trolls, or bad rep them all you want on a forum, but it doesn't change the facts that he coaches way too conservatively. He coaches to not lose games, instead he should coach to win games.

Until he does this, he is a mediocre HC, with tons of talent and a fantastic DC. That does not make him all that high on my "Great Coaches" list. He can do quite a bit to help that by how he coaches our next 2-5 games

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!

Last edited by Texanator; 12-30-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: left something out and spelling errors
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #40
Pieman2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Can we get the trolls out of here please mods?

Until you can show some posts in the last week where anyone on this site suggested to fire Kubiak because they lost to the Colts, than STFU!!

Bring some substance into the thread or something meaningful, but for crying out loud stop trying to bring this site down by creating lies about what other posters have stated or what their arguments have been. Point it out and show all these posters that have advocated this in the last week if you're going to keep on with this chicken shit agenda of calling other people poor fans because they don't agree with your "sunshine on everything" agenda at all costs with the Texans.
I didn't really sense any trolling..
Pieman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read