Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011   #241
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
First off I am not attacking the poster... I am not resorting to name calling, I am calling for an end to the Kubiak bashing until the season is over.

The facts are simple...

Kubiak in 2011
  • 10-5 Record
  • AFC South Division ChampionJs
  • 1st Playoff Berth in Texans History
  • #1 in time of possession (32:32)
  • #5 in 3rd down conversion per game (5.9)
  • #1 in rushing attempts (34.4)
  • #10 Points per game (23.9)

There is more, but I think the first three are enough to get you guys off his back. Let's not forget all of this he has done without many of his key players as you know. I would say Kubiak and the Texans have achieved allot this season.
I attribute the first 3 to Wade not Kubiak.
Old 12-30-2011   #242
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Does Wade run the offense ? Whic is also a big reason for the first 3
Old 12-30-2011   #243
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Kubiak: "You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!"

Phillips: "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!"

Perfect!!! Repped!!
Old 12-30-2011   #244
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sigh....Its just not that simple folks. You guys are acting like Wade's defense is the steel curtain or something. We've seen wade's defense without an offense to score...& the long & short of it is it ain't all that. How'd his defense look against Balt when our offense couldn't score? How about in NO when the offense had to drop 33 damn points just to keep pace with the saints?

A good defense can keep you in a game (hell offense can too if it's potent enough) but the offense 999999999999.9 % of the time is going to be the side of the ball that wins you the game by putting up points. We've seen in Wade's previous stops as an HC, his offenses have always been the achilles heels to his teams.

Stop acting like Wade's defense is the Gritz Blitz defense.
Old 12-30-2011   #245
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
sigh....Its just not that simple folks defense can keep you in a game but the offense 9999.9 % of the time wins the game.

We've seen wade's defense without an offense to score...it ain't all that.
And in previous years we had an offense that could score and no defense.

I didn't like that either.

I think we all understand that we need both to be successful, but Gary's whole point was that he feels Wade is more valuable to our team.

I agree with him. I would rather replace Kubiak as OC than Wade as DC.

Hopefully this combo of Wade and Kubiak works out, I like the shape of the team (without injuries of course) and we have a long successful stretch of Super Bowl wins.
Old 12-30-2011   #246
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think we all understand that we need both to be successful, but Gary's whole point was that he feels Wade is more valuable to our team.

Hopefully this combo of Wade and Kubiak works out, I like the shape of the team (without injuries of course) and we have a long successful stretch of Super Bowl wins.
So why even worry about a head coach, if Kubiak Controls the offense anyways and Wade controls the defense. No point in putting a middle man in there. Leave it as is IMO
Old 12-30-2011   #247
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
So why even worry about a head coach, if Kubiak Controls the offense anyways and Wade controls the defense. No point in putting a middle man in there. Leave it as is IMO
We could program Kubiak an iPhone app for better clock management and we are Super Bowl bound!
Old 12-30-2011   #248
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's only b/c our defense has literally done a 180 from where it was last year upon his arrival.........& the fact that he hasn't been here long enough for anyone to question what he's doing with his side of the ball...unlike Kubes.

But if he sticks around, slowly but surely his critics will come out of the woodworks. It happened in Dallas & it'll happen here if he stays long enough.
Old 12-30-2011   #249
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Don't care what you guys say about me I support my team a lot just see what I just did for my friend at TCH with cancer and he also had a stroke. For those of you on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1268438907
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Te...32854733488757
Old 12-30-2011   #250
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Don't care what you guys say about me I support my team a lot just see what I just did for my friend at TCH with cancer and he also had a stroke. For those of you on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1268438907
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Te...32854733488757
I love you Gary!

Post hot chicks, please.
Old 12-30-2011   #251
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
We could program Kubiak an iPhone app for better clock management and we are Super Bowl bound!
to me he has done better with clock managment this season than he has in the past. Cant think of many games where he has screwed it up this season, of course everything looks different from when your winning compared to when ur losing. And that goes for every aspect of the game.
Old 12-30-2011   #252
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
I love you Gary!

Post hot chicks, please.
I will. Knowing Eric Winston and the head of security for the team got the job done there.
Old 12-30-2011   #253
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So let me get this straight... You consider yourself, and or your little posse "The Bear"? And please enlighten me as to when I talked down to anyone?
You're doing it in this exact post and you've done it since you landed here. Maybe if you took responsibility for your own actions and looked at the way that you express yourself, you might realize how hypocritical you sound. A little self analyzation on your part wouldn't hurt one bit. You've talked down to several people though with a very condescending tone, you've criticized people in here as poor fans that you know nothing about, and you've also repeatedly told people what to do without realizing that no one really gives a damn about what you want or expect.

Quote:
Was it when I had a differing opinion than this little elite group of yours? Oh and I am pretty sure that more than 5 members of this board made it was it is. Again you make my elitism point.
No, it was your constant demand of telling other folks what to think or what to say about a coach.

Quote:
Hey I never said he or you for that matter are not nice guys so stop putting words in my mouth. Just because I am tired of hearing the Kubiak bashing does not make me a bad guy.
Yes it does, when you repeatedly keep telling others what to say about Kubiak and being intolerant of what their opinions are if they do not align with yours. And for the record not one person in here has been swayed by your ranting on this issue either. Your arguments have been straw man this entire time using one season out of 6 as your illustration. It doesn't take a great mathematician to see that you're shooting blanks here with very little to work with .

Quote:
It's my opinion that while you may respect each other, you do not extend that respect to others, especially if they are new and do not belong to your little posse.
Who is this posse you keep referring to especially with DB. I've been in here for several years, and I've never been aware that DB had some posse or gang in here. As far as I've known he's just a regular poster in here that gives his opinions just like everyone else. He is someone that is well known and respected around here unlike yourself since you continually keep demanding things instead of trying to earn them. Your sense of self entitlement is really intriguing.

Quote:
When I return back to Houston early 2012, I of course plan to continue my relationships with friends and family in the Houston area. If some from this message board become friends that is great and I look forward to making new connections and developing new relationships. Respect is a two way street and just because you have been on this message board longer than someone else does not mean anyone should give you respect by default. You have to earn your respect also and to suggest anything else is another display of elitism.

I will give you props for making me laugh though. That "elitism" label you keep dishing out is pretty freaking good. If there is one type of acronym that I would never use to describe this place that would probably be it. It's so far off the accuracy barometer, that I actually like how it was played in a goofy sort of way. Elitism on the Texans Talk board. Lol!!!

Quote:
You know it is funny, it seems to me that you are the one's calling me names
so I would call that trash talking, and disrespectful. If it were in friendly jest I could understand, but it is clear to me that this posse has circled it's wagons in an attempt to bully me, which is a huge waste of your time. Any clear thinking person can read this thread and see it is you and your posse that are name calling and being disrespectful. Oh and the last thing bolded in the quote above is just another example of your name calling and elitism.
You're doing a much better job at picking the fight with the "so called bullies" in my observations. You haven't seemed to figure out that you've been going at it with several people and not just one or two.

Quote:
Again you assume I am a noob who has never been in Houston or knows anything about this online community. I will ignore that because I know it is another veiled slight of my character based on your assumptions about me.
Not making assumptions. Just making observations off of what you keep portraying.

Quote:
In regards to corporations you will probably not find anyone who dislikes the corporate world more than me. Having said that, what you have written there shows again that if someone disagrees with you and wants to do things their own way, it warrants name calling.

In regards to your welcome of new people and outsiders as you call them, I do not recall a warm welcome from you, or your posse, so I think you are a bit full of yourself. You have done nothing but name call and make belittling comments and then the rest of your posse chime in with one or two line posts that have nothing to do with the topic just like a bunch of high school kids. Example below. How clever.. no wonder you guys have so many posts. So you are the bear, you are the shark... what else?

You came in here from the start with your guns blazing. You get what you give.

Quote:
One thing some who read this thread will notice is, that no matter how high and mighty you might think you are, or how respected you think you are, it's a small handful of people who have your back and chime in and slap you on the back when you name call. The rest not so much. This board is for Texans fans, and I am one of them. If you do not like my posts, put me on ignore, but do not try to bully me or think you can run me off.
You mean like how you have tried to bully and run off these so called "Kubiak haters" in such a bossy and demanding form?? Now why would anyone want to do that??
Old 12-30-2011   #254
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Texecutioner<-------------- V.------------->Nitrofish

Quote:
"Kewl"
Old 12-30-2011   #255
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas has been worst since Wade left
Old 12-30-2011   #256
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Our defense is why we are even having this discussion in late December.
What kind of discussions are they having in Jacksonville, Cleveland, Seattle, & maybe even Cincinnati?

Teams who would have much better defensive numbers if their offenses were as good as ours.
Old 12-30-2011   #257
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
sigh....Its just not that simple folks. You guys are acting like Wade's defense is the steel curtain or something. We've seen wade's defense without an offense to score...& the long & short of it is it ain't all that. How'd his defense look against Balt when our offense couldn't score? How about in NO when the offense had to drop 33 damn points just to keep pace with the saints?

A good defense can keep you in a game (hell offense can too if it's potent enough) but the offense 999999999999.9 % of the time is going to be the side of the ball that wins you the game by putting up points. We've seen in Wade's previous stops as an HC, his offenses have always been the achilles heels to his teams.

Stop acting like Wade's defense is the Gritz Blitz defense.
Just to accentuate your point. Our defense limited opponents to 17 pts/game this year. However, they only put ten points - one grab & go TD and two safeties - all year long. Even if they'd done that scoring in the same game, we would have only beat the Colts or the Titans 10-7 or the Buccs 10-9. Those are the only teams we held to single digits all year.

It's the combo that's brought this year's success; not one side or the other.

Where's that peanut butter/chocolate pic?
Old 12-30-2011   #258
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Texecutioner<-------------- V.------------->Nitrofish

Stop it. Just stop...

...unless I get the beer concession
Old 12-30-2011   #259
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Just to accentuate your point. Our defense limited opponents to 17 pts/game this year. However, they only put ten points - one grab & go TD and two safeties - all year long. Even if they'd done that scoring in the same game, we would have only beat the Colts or the Titans 10-7 or the Buccs 10-9. Those are the only teams we held to single digits all year.

It's the combo that's brought this year's success; not one side or the other.

Where's that peanut butter/chocolate pic?
This is true, but since Yates has had to step in, it's been straight defense carrying this team. Our offense hasn't looked any better than the Rams, Colts, Jags, and etc. Defense is what won the games against the Falcons and the Bengals. This is exactly what I kept telling people when they were all high and mighty on Yates just because they wanted to feel optimistic and gleeful at the time, and didn't want to hear it when I kept saying that a 5th round rookie being thrown to the wolves wasn't going to lead this team to the promised land. People's answer kept going back to our defense our defense our defense and how great our defense was. Sure it's been a great defense this season and arguably the best in the league, but our defense isn't the 2001 Baltimore Ravens or the 2003 Tampa Bay Bucs.

We would need that Baltimore Ravens defense of 2001 to win the SB with Yates leading this current offense right now especially with the way that Kubiak is handicapping it with short pass plays and running the ball on 3rd down almost forcing our defense to win have to win the game.
Old 12-30-2011   #260
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
We would need that Baltimore Ravens defense of 2001 to win the SB with Yates leading this current offense right now especially with the way that Kubiak is handicapping it with short pass plays and running the ball on 3rd down almost forcing our defense to win have to win the game.
Again, I think it's part of the process. He's got to do in 3 games what he's done with Matt Schaub over 4 seasons. To throw 15 times in a game & still score 37 points (Bucs) or 23 times & score 41 points (Titans) or like Leinart, throw the ball 13 times & score 17 points in one half against a top 5 defense.

I seriously doubt Kubiak called one short pass (other than a screen) vs Indy. That was Tj. All our 3rd downs were 3rd & Longs. He threw the ball on 6 of them. Ran a draw on one. Another came after a sack. A third he was trying to run the clock out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read