Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011   #221
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
In the mind of Nitrofish no one should ever have an opinion or criticise anyone ever. Is that right?
No that is not right... Your thread is nothing more than another display of your hatred for Kubiak and it could not come at a worse time. Just because the team has lost a few after all they have done, does not warrant more Kubiak bashing.

Were you posting useless threads like this when the Texans were on a 7 game win streak? I mean it seems to me that you are more interested in complaining and 2nd guessing Kubiak than you are in supporting your team during their first ever playoff run.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson

Last edited by Nitrofish; 12-29-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2011   #222
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Nahhh wade cant teach the offensive they way kubes knows how
Old 12-29-2011   #223
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak: "You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!"

Phillips: "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!"

Old 12-29-2011   #224
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

We have two very good coordinators and nary a head coach. It could be worse.
Old 12-29-2011   #225
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
No that is not right... Your thread is nothing more than another display of your hatred for Kubiak and it could not come at a worse time. Just because the team has lost a few after all they have done, does not warrant more Kubiak bashing.

Where you posting useless threads like this when the Texans were on a 7 game win streak? I mean it seems to me that you are more interested in complaining and 2nd guessing Kubiak than you are in supporting your team during their first ever playoff run.
Dude.. Seriously quit being a jackass!!! My young man Gary is a fine young man!!! Check yourself:

Gary Lynn Foundation - *****!
Old 12-29-2011   #226
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Nahhh wade cant teach the offensive they way kubes knows how
I don't know thr specifics of Wade's other firings. But Dallas, it was obvious he lost that team.

Yeah, the wins are going to weigh heavily on one hand, but the condition of the team he left will weigh heavily in the other.

The teams Wade got fired from. Were they better or worse after Wade left? What did it take to get those teams back on track?
Old 12-29-2011   #227
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dude.. Seriously quit being a jackass!!! My young man Gary is a fine young man!!! Check yourself:

Doesn't make him immune from doing silly stuff.
Old 12-29-2011   #228
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Doesn't make him immune from doing silly stuff.
True,

But although Ihaven't gotten the opportunity to meet Mr. Lynn (I hope to play in his golf tournament) He's one of the greatest people I've met on this MB. Selfless/caring (some people including my self should take notice) kind of people like Gary are very rare in todays society.

Yes, he doesn't think Rick and Kubes are the right people to run the team. That's his opinion and he's entitled to it, just as others think Kubes does no wrong.

Lay off Gary
Old 12-29-2011   #229
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I see you like to poke the bear. Funny that you would tag this forum as the "most elitist" that you have ever lurked, but then you join and immediately start talking down to long time members that helped build and make this place what is is today.
So let me get this straight... You consider yourself, and or your little posse "The Bear"? And please enlighten me as to when I talked down to anyone? Was it when I had a differing opinion than this little elite group of yours? Oh and I am pretty sure that more than 5 members of this board made it was it is. Again you make my elitism point.

Quote:
Texan Bill is a solid dude and someone that many of us consider a friend. You will not meet a nicer guy at a tailgate or a bigger Texans fan.
Hey I never said he or you for that matter are not nice guys so stop putting words in my mouth. Just because I am tired of hearing the Kubiak bashing does not make me a bad guy.

Quote:
See, this forum has something interesting going in that it's not a typical internet message board. We know each other in real life. We hold each other accountable simply because we know and see each other and respect each other.
It's my opinion that while you may respect each other, you do not extend that respect to others, especially if they are new and do not belong to your little posse.

Quote:
I have no idea if you have any desire to form true friendships with other Texans fans on this forum. That's your business. But many of us have each other's backs, regardless of how much we might argue and debate around here. In the end, we respect each other, and that is something earned, not bestowed.
When I return back to Houston early 2012, I of course plan to continue my relationships with friends and family in the Houston area. If some from this message board become friends that is great and I look forward to making new connections and developing new relationships. Respect is a two way street and just because you have been on this message board longer than someone else does not mean anyone should give you respect by default. You have to earn your respect also and to suggest anything else is another display of elitism.

Quote:
None of us play the games, make personnel decisions, or call plays. We are merely fans. We react. And we get together on this board to chat about what happened and what might happen, what we perceive, and what we would like or dislike to see.

So yeah, criticism and/or analysis of any given aspect of the Houston Texans is the reason this board exists. Not to gossip or talk trash about each other (unless it's in obvious jest, of course. We do like to have fun with it). If disrespecting people is your thing, perhaps the muddy swampland of the official board is more for you.
You know it is funny, it seems to me that you are the one's calling me names
so I would call that trash talking, and disrespectful. If it were in friendly jest I could understand, but it is clear to me that this posse has circled it's wagons in an attempt to bully me, which is a huge waste of your time. Any clear thinking person can read this thread and see it is you and your posse that are name calling and being disrespectful. Oh and the last thing bolded in the quote above is just another example of your name calling and elitism.

Quote:
There is a reason most of us hang out here. This used to be the official board until the corporate overlords decided otherwise. Through the owner and members of the original Texans Talk and their very gracious invitation, the history migrated here. Perhaps you have no desire for a history lesson. Just comprehend that relationships are deep around these parts, and while we always welcome new folks and outsiders, we can also circle the wagons when required.
Again you assume I am a noob who has never been in Houston or knows anything about this online community. I will ignore that because I know it is another veiled slight of my character based on your assumptions about me.

In regards to corporations you will probably not find anyone who dislikes the corporate world more than me. Having said that, what you have written there shows again that if someone disagrees with you and wants to do things their own way, it warrants name calling.

In regards to your welcome of new people and outsiders as you call them, I do not recall a warm welcome from you, or your posse, so I think you are a bit full of yourself. You have done nothing but name call and make belittling comments and then the rest of your posse chime in with one or two line posts that have nothing to do with the topic just like a bunch of high school kids. Example below. How clever.. no wonder you guys have so many posts. So you are the bear, you are the shark... what else?

Quote:
There is blood in the water...
One thing some who read this thread will notice is, that no matter how high and mighty you might think you are, or how respected you think you are, it's a small handful of people who have your back and chime in and slap you on the back when you name call. The rest not so much. This board is for Texans fans, and I am one of them. If you do not like my posts, put me on ignore, but do not try to bully me or think you can run me off.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Old 12-29-2011   #230
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
True,

But although Ihaven't gotten the opportunity to meet Mr. Lynn (I hope to play in his golf tournament) He's one of the greatest people I've met on this MB. Selfless/caring (some people including my self should take notice) kind of people like Gary are very rare in todays society.

Yes, he doesn't think Rick and Kubes are the right people to run the team. That's his opinion and he's entitled to it, just as others think Kubes does no wrong.

Lay off Gary
AMEN Brother!!

BTW, you're full of shit on most points!!!

I kid, I kid!!! Fantastic post!!!
Old 12-29-2011   #231
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So let me get this straight... You consider yourself, and or your little posse "The Bear"? And please enlighten me as to when I talked down to anyone? Was it when I had a differing opinion than this little elite group of yours? Oh and I am pretty sure that more than 5 members of this board made it was it is. Again you make my elitism point.

Hey I never said he or you for that matter are not nice guys so stop putting words in my mouth. Just because I am tired of hearing the Kubiak bashing does not make me a bad guy.

It's my opinion that while you may respect each other, you do not extend that respect to others, especially if they are new and do not belong to your little posse.

When I return back to Houston early 2012, I of course plan to continue my relationships with friends and family in the Houston area. If some from this message board become friends that is great and I look forward to making new connections and developing new relationships. Respect is a two way street and just because you have been on this message board longer than someone else does not mean anyone should give you respect by default. You have to earn your respect also and to suggest anything else is another display of elitism.

You know it is funny, it seems to me that you are the one's calling me names
so I would call that trash talking, and disrespectful. If it were in friendly jest I could understand, but it is clear to me that this posse has circled it's wagons in an attempt to bully me, which is a huge waste of your time. Any clear thinking person can read this thread and see it is you and your posse that are name calling and being disrespectful. Oh and the last thing bolded in the quote above is just another example of your name calling and elitism.

Again you assume I am a noob who has never been in Houston or knows anything about this online community. I will ignore that because I know it is another veiled slight of my character based on your assumptions about me.

In regards to corporations you will probably not find anyone who dislikes the corporate world more than me. Having said that, what you have written there shows again that if someone disagrees with you and wants to do things their own way, it warrants name calling.

In regards to your welcome of new people and outsiders as you call them, I do not recall a warm welcome from you, or your posse, so I think you are a bit full of yourself. You have done nothing but name call and make belittling comments and then the rest of your posse chime in with one or two line posts that have nothing to do with the topic just like a bunch of high school kids. Example below. How clever.. no wonder you guys have so many posts. So you are the bear, you are the shark... what else?

One thing some who read this thread will notice is, that no matter how high and mighty you might think you are, or how respected you think you are, it's a small handful of people who have your back and chime in and slap you on the back when you name call. The rest not so much. This board is for Texans fans, and I am one of them. If you do not like my posts, put me on ignore, but do not try to bully me or think you can run me off.
DB, please don't respond... We've seen this joker (well literally) hundreds of of times before??
Old 12-29-2011   #232
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Oh kewl, more name calling. What does my postings have to do with Gary's foundation? Did I say anything about Gary as a human being or about his foundation?

He may be a great guy, I hope I get the chance to find out someday, but that does not give him license to post garbage like this.

Good leaders find a way to bring people together, not divide them, and this is divisive at a time when we all should be supporting our Team.

Old 12-29-2011   #233
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh kewl, more name calling. What does my postings have to do with Gary's foundation? Did I say anything about Gary as a human being or about his foundation?

He may be a great guy, I hope I get the chance to find out someday, but that does not give him license to post garbage like this.

Good leaders find a way to bring people together, not divide them, and this is divisive at a time when we all should be supporting our Team.
Ok, now the fun begins.

You have not made one single valid point as to why Kubiak deserves all this butt-buddyism.

Kubiak is not a good head coach. His clock management skills suck donkey balls. His play calling alot of the times is weak and predictable.

He is just a better than average Offensive Coordinator with some excellent ball players at some key positions.

If I had to choose between Kubiak as an OC and Wade as a DC, I would pick Wade hands down. He's the man on the defensive side of the ball.

Argue the points and stop attacking the poster.

Or shut your Pie-hole.
Old 12-29-2011   #234
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Ok, now the fun begins.

You have not made one single valid point as to why Kubiak deserves all this butt-buddyism.

Kubiak is not a good head coach. His clock management skills suck donkey balls. His play calling alot of the times is weak and predictable.

He is just a better than average Offensive Coordinator with some excellent ball players at some key positions.

If I had to choose between Kubiak as an OC and Wade as a DC, I would pick Wade hands down. He's the man on the defensive side of the ball.

Or shut your Pie-hole.
First off I am not attacking the poster... I am not resorting to name calling, I am calling for an end to the Kubiak bashing until the season is over.

The facts are simple...

Kubiak in 2011
  • 10-5 Record
  • AFC South Division Champions
  • 1st Playoff Berth in Texans History
  • #1 in time of possession (32:32)
  • #5 in 3rd down conversion per game (5.9)
  • #1 in rushing attempts (34.4)
  • #10 Points per game (23.9)

There is more, but I think the first three are enough to get you guys off his back. Let's not forget all of this he has done without many of his key players as you know. I would say Kubiak and the Texans have achieved allot this season.

Now before you start posting his other stats from seasons past, spare me. Just like fans on NFL.com or even these boards I do not care what happened last year, or seasons before that. We are discussing this season and more importantly this thread is about Wade vs Kubiak and who is more valuable. So if you could stay on topic it would be helpful.

So with the accomplishments listed above straight from my pie-hole should be reason enough to stow the whining about Kubiak at least until the season ends.

Truth is I do not care if Kubiak is the head coach or not. But the fact remains that he is, and as long as he is, I will support him and all of your constant whining will not change that. Nothing wrong with some criticism, but I think most of you carry it waaaaaaaaaaaay to far.

For the record, I think Kubiak was too conservative in the last game as well, but he certainly was not that way during the 7 game win streak. So how about you give the guy a break and wait and see what happens in the remaining games.

Wade is no more Valuable than Kubiak. They compliment each other nicely.

I can't help but wonder if you guys are going to feel the same way should Phillips move onto a HC position offered to him, or will you be calling him a traitor, etc, etc? No... I know what you will say.. "Fire Kubiak" and make Phillips the HC.

The Pie-Hole has Spoken!

Old 12-30-2011   #235
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Were you posting useless threads like this when the Texans were on a 7 game win streak? I mean it seems to me that you are more interested in complaining and 2nd guessing Kubiak than you are in supporting your team during their first ever playoff run.
What? You honestly think Kubiak is losing any sleep over a MB thread?

People can post about any players or personnel, as long as it falls within the board's rules.
I'll grant you one thing, you do seem to be quite the expert on useless posts.
Old 12-30-2011   #236
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Lay off Gary
He puts himself out there like everybody else. Harsh maybe, I like the little fella (never met him), I do admire his courage. But I think he's a tough kid, everything I do know about him says as much. He takes care of himself fine on this board, doesn't need any body guards or kid gloves imo.
Old 12-30-2011   #237
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Except this little nugget in the post you quoted.

Quote:

Quote:

Look at the talent we've got on offense.... he made that a top 10 offense 6 years running.

Arian Foster is bad ass. Is it luck that Kubiak "found" him & has been able to make the most of his talent? The same way he did in Denver?

Denver who were also offensive leaders the whole time Kubiak was there.

coincidence?

Quote:

Or shut your Pie-hole.
Show me an attack.
Old 12-30-2011   #238
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First off I am not attacking the poster... I am not resorting to name calling, I am calling for an end to the Kubiak bashing until the season is over.
Bashing Kubiak is what we do best here.

Doesn't matter what he has done this year (with Wade) he has 5 years of suckatude and the last 2 games (without Wade) is still suckatude.

Kubiak with Wade is fantastic.
Kubiak without Wade sucks.
Old 12-30-2011   #239
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Kubiak: "You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!"

Phillips: "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!"

Perfect!

MSR
Old 12-30-2011   #240
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Except this little nugget in the post you quoted.

Look at the talent we've got on offense.... he made that a top 10 offense 6 years running.

Arian Foster is bad ass. Is it luck that Kubiak "found" him & has been able to make the most of his talent? The same way he did in Denver?

Denver who were also offensive leaders the whole time Kubiak was there.

coincidence?

Show me an attack.
Nitrofish has been attacking posters throughout this thread, TK.

I like what Kubiak has done on the offense for the most part. And hes done a terrific job considering all the injuries. I don't really like him as a head coach though.

Our defense is why we are even having this discussion in late December.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read