Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2011   #20
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 14 Texan Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
How fast do you require a 6ft 4in 330 pound man to run? He will be timed @ combine & his pro-day. The main number to look for would be his splits, primarily first 10 yards to measure explosiveness. I also expect a decent short shuttle. Other than that, lifting, broad jump & vertical they always have one on one's which will have to do until someone comes up with actual game film.
Game film seems to be the big issue with Poe. I've read/heard several times that there is no game footage on him out there yet, which I find hard to believe. I would think that Memphis has some kind of video documentation person/crew for coaches and players to review game film to critique how the players are doing.

As for speed and quickness, I think Wade likes them pretty quick off the snap. If Poe blows them away at the Combine with his quickness, it might be too much for Wade to pass on. I just wonder how motivated Poe is. Is he a high motor guy? Somehow I don't get that impression yet. Still some questions to be answered and some should be answered at the Combine. JMO.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read