Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011   #181
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

DUDE, This SUCKS... I have now typed out two compelling arguments to NitroPuh-Ce errrrrrrrrrrrr, Nitrofish only to ***** myself!!!

Someone tell homeboy that we all appreciate his fanhood, BUT

A) I'm a Kubiak fan, but I ain't askeered to call him out!
B) Bob McNair is a great owner and we thank him for a new team.
That said, he hamstrung his own team with bad hires (I dont believe Kubiak is a bad hire)...

Nitrofish should be lucky I'm drunk!!!
Old 12-28-2011   #182
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
DUDE, This SUCKS... I have now typed out two compelling arguments to NitroPuh-Ce errrrrrrrrrrrr, Nitrofish only to ***** myself!!!

Someone tell homeboy that we all appreciate his fanhood, BUT

A) I'm a Kubiak fan, but I ain't askeered to call him out!
B) Bob McNair is a great owner and we thank him for a new team.
That said, he hamstrung his own team with bad hires (I dont believe Kubiak is a bad hire)...

Nitrofish should be lucky I'm drunk!!!
Well some more grown up posts from the drunks... How kewl.

The other thing I find humorous is the hypocritical nature of these Kubiak Haters posts.

It's 100% OK in their mind as armchair atheletes to criticize or 2nd guess Kubiak, but I should not dare question or criticize them.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Old 12-28-2011   #183
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
So far it is not a dynasty.
Maybe to Miami.

Old 12-28-2011   #184
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SWEET!!! This thread is still alive!!!

AND, I agree with ObsiWan (and I quote):

The sum of the parts is greater than the individual parts themselves.
No, the sum of Wade's parts are greater than the sum of Kubiak's parts!

Or put another way, Nitrofish's fanhood is greater than your manhood!

I blame gary for this mess, he owes us pics of a hot chick!
Old 12-28-2011   #185
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

1.True
2.True
3. Gary bring on the hot chick pics.
Old 12-29-2011   #186
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
3. Gary bring on the hot chick pics.
Finally something we can all agree on!

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Old 12-29-2011   #187
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Questionable calls helped the Colts at key moments for sure, but that was certainly not "why we lost." It played a factor, but what played a factor the most was not allowing enough time for Yates on certain pass plays, Kubiak not opening up the offense a little more and especially on 3rd down, and our defense not holding their offense at the end of the game. The defense had a difficult task on their hands in that game though by being on the field as much as they were.
The last drive aside, i know at least 1 of those bogus calls were the chief reason the colts got to put at least 3 pts on the board. That's the difference in the game right there. Then when you factor all the other junk calls/no calls in it just gets ridiculous. So yeah, we could've played better, but the refs did their best to keep us from winning that game.

Also, the bolded makes zero sense. If by opening up the offense more you mean going down field more & running 5 wides & the like, how was that supposed to happen & them be successful when you already acknowledge the OL couldn't even protect Yates running more fortified sets? The guy got sacked on a 3 step drop for christ sakes. All the above was gonna do was get him lit up even more or have him creating turnovers via the sack fumble (which freeney & Mathis specialize in) or throwing a pick...like he did against Carolina.
Old 12-29-2011   #188
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
The last drive aside, i know at least 1 of those bogus calls were the chief reason the colts got to put at least 3 pts on the board. That's the difference in the game right there. Then when you factor all the other junk calls/no calls in it just gets ridiculous. So yeah, we could've played better, but the refs did their best to keep us from winning that game.

Also, the bolded makes zero sense. If by opening up the offense more you mean going down field more & running 5 wides & the like, how was that supposed to happen & them be successful when you already acknowledge the OL couldn't even protect Yates running more fortified sets? The guy got sacked on a 3 step drop for christ sakes. All the above was gonna do was get him lit up even more or have him creating turnovers via the sack fumble (which freeney & Mathis specialize in) or throwing a pick...like he did against Carolina.
Well fine then, so you're suggesting that it was impossible to throw down the field because you're O line is complete shit than is what you're saying and you can't even trust them at all. Is that where we're at now, because I remember all year hearing this O line get a lot of praise. When you're trying to win a game you have to have some confidence in your team to make plays. You're talking as if it was a given that it would have been a sack if Yates would have been able to throw down the field. Sorry, but that's exactly what I'm talking about when people say "playing to lose" and playing like a "turtle." And I was referring more to Kubiak's turtle approach of running the ball on 3rd down when you need a first down. That's always pathetic. Throw the damn ball and give your offense a chance to move the chains. By running the ball you're essentially saying that we're going to punt and try to let our defense win this game for us. Unless your offense is inside their own 5 on 3rd down I'll never excuse running the ball on 3rd and long.
Old 12-29-2011   #189
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn skippy!
Old 12-29-2011   #190
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well fine then, so you're suggesting that it was impossible to throw down the field because you're O line is complete shit than is what you're saying and you can't even trust them at all. Is that where we're at now, because I remember all year hearing this O line get a lot of praise. When you're trying to win a game you have to have some confidence in your team to make plays. You're talking as if it was a given that it would have been a sack if Yates would have been able to throw down the field. Sorry, but that's exactly what I'm talking about when people say "playing to lose" and playing like a "turtle." And I was referring more to Kubiak's turtle approach of running the ball on 3rd down when you need a first down. That's always pathetic. Throw the damn ball and give your offense a chance to move the chains. By running the ball you're essentially saying that we're going to punt and try to let our defense win this game for us. Unless your offense is inside their own 5 on 3rd down I'll never excuse running the ball on 3rd and long.
Yep. It's the difference between the offense "imposing its will" and "taking what the defense gives them".
Old 12-29-2011   #191
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I do wonder what would happen IF the next draft was almost exclusively OFFENSE and Gary got to cherry pick a lot of WRs, TEs, RBs, whatever was best available in each round. Maybe RIGHT TACKLE should be factored in, as well.

He essentially got ONE pick in the previous draft (TJ Yates) and by golly he might not have hit a home run with Yates (yet) but it has been a good plug for the leaking ship known as Texans QB.

Imagine if we did some draft day wheeling and dealing and got Blackmon from Oklahoma State? Kid is the best version of Andre Johnson that's available right now, IMO. Let the Colts have Andrew Luck...I think we could get our Andre Johnson version 2.0 and do better than their Peyton Manning version 2.0

Just weighing in on this scuffle between who is more valuable. I'd like to see Kubiak go balls to the wall in the next draft. If that means shedding some weight off our roster, such as Jacoby Jones gets released and even maybe a sign and trade of Mario Williams to then also couple maybe another big draft pick to get into Blackmon range, I'm game for that. Wade Phillips can identify talent, folks. I don't think Mario Williams and his contract, and his play overall, are as valuable to us as getting some HUGE playmaking ability in a WR.

AJ is declining. Let's not make the same mistake the Colts made with sticking with Manning longer than they should have. Right? I'm not getting personal on Mario here. It's just business. And to me, business dictates that the run we had with Mario was great...but this is a league for the young, and there's a WR out there in this draft class that I think could grow into AJ version 2.0. We need more firepower on offense.
Old 12-29-2011   #192
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SWEET!!! This thread is still alive!!

AND, I agree with ObsiWan (and I quote):
I can't take credit for that one. It was Mr.teX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
& the bolded is why this thread was silly to begin with & should've been closed 3 days ago. When all things are taken into account, neither of these guys is any more valuable than the other. The sum of the parts is greater than the individual parts themselves.

Offensive minded individuals could look at 3 of our losses and put most of the blame on the defense.

Defensive minded individuals could look at 3 of our losses and put most of the blame on the offense.

If you can't be objective, then it really just comes down to your perspective.
that's the answer.

And gary said on page two, he didn't want either Wade or Kubiak as head coach.

Quote:
I would not want Wade as HC but Gary should be shown the door along with Rick.
There are no conditions on that statement. I read that to say he wants Kubiak and Rick Smith gone now and Wade Phillips would not be an acceptable replacement.

If that's not what you meant, please clarify. And if it is, sobeit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I may argue with you but I won't belittle or begrudge you, or anyone else, just because we differ.

That's just bad form.
Old 12-29-2011   #193
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I can't take credit for that one. It was Mr.teX

That's just bad form.
All Credit to MrTex, then.

Form not often practiced here.
Old 12-29-2011   #194
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wait...
what??

how do you know whose parts are...

...never mind
Old 12-29-2011   #195
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
And I was referring more to Kubiak's turtle approach of running the ball on 3rd down when you need a first down. That's always pathetic. Throw the damn ball and give your offense a chance to move the chains. By running the ball you're essentially saying that we're going to punt and try to let our defense win this game for us. Unless your offense is inside their own 5 on 3rd down I'll never excuse running the ball on 3rd and long.
There were 4 instances when we were third & long & ran the ball.

1) I think was our first 3rd & 14. We opted to run the draw. I didn't have a problem with running a draw at that time. I've heard many times when our fans wonder why we don't run more draws & screens. Granted, they probably weren't talking about 3rd & 14..... but I've seen the draw ran hundreds of times in this same situation, so I had no problem with it here.

2) After one of the nastier sacks, we were 3rd & 9 (I think) we ran the ball again out of the shotgun. The defense was spread out, we had a 5 on 5 situation up front (on the OL) you'd think we would be able to get a big run given that we've got the best running back in the league & possibly the best OL.

3) The last 3rd & long situation. Indy started using their time outs with 3:26 left in the game. They had just used their last time out & we were 26 seconds away from the 2 minute warning. I think he ran the ball there, to get us to the 2 minute warning...... then we kicked a field goal.

4) I did not locate & watch the fourth instance, so I really don't know.

The other 6 times we were in 3rd & long, we threw the ball... didn't get anything out of it. But I'm sure there was at least 1 receiver who ran a deep route I don't think he was ever targeted. Tj hit the shorter crossing routes.

I know when people think of 13-16 that it sounds like we did not attempt to throw the ball very much. But if you look at it in perspective, Arian ran the ball 23 times. If you add the 4 sacks as pass attempts, Tj dropped back to throw the ball 20 times. We simply did not have the number of snaps as every body thinks we did.

There were also 6 runs by Tate & the reverse, so that's another 7 plays that we did not throw the ball. Maybe we should have thrown the ball another 7 times. I don't know.

But I really think this "no faith in Yates" thing is being blown out of proportion.
Old 12-29-2011   #196
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I do wonder what would happen IF the next draft was almost exclusively OFFENSE and Gary got to cherry pick a lot of WRs, TEs, RBs, whatever was best available in each round. Maybe RIGHT TACKLE should be factored in, as well.
I think this team would go to another level all together if we draft two receivers that bumps KDub down to the 4th receiver. Straight up cut Jacoby or keep him for punt returns only.
Old 12-29-2011   #197
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

In the mind of Nitrofish no one should ever have an opinion or criticise anyone ever. Is that right?
Old 12-29-2011   #198
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Wait...
what??

how do you know whose parts are...

...never mind
Must be friends with Rich Lord...

[On Vince Young going to the NFL Draft] "Have you seen the size of Vince Young's package?"

Ritch Lord!
Old 12-29-2011   #199
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think this team would go to another level all together if we draft two receivers that bumps KDub down to the 4th receiver. Straight up cut Jacoby or keep him for punt returns only.
Yup.

And let me save you the contemplation on Jacoby. He needs to go bye-bye. And I was one of his staunchest supporters this summer. He is unreliable in route running, a factor that was magnified once we lost AJ and JJ had to step into a more prominent role out there.

I am concerned about QB, though. You can have a great WR and he can be neutralized if the QB can't get him the ball. Is Yates the future? I'm not so sure right now. He needs a full camp and reps as #1 or #2 with starters. He needs more preseason games. He needs more regular season games. Is he an Aaron Rodgers type prospect? I don't know. Then again, I always thought Aaron Rodgers to be a risky move by the Packers...and all he did was rise up and win a title with them.

This offense, via AJ and Schaub injuries, has to have adequate players at those two positions or we'll be a second-tier AFC team that is always knocking on the door of "elite" upper-tier AFC team status. IMO.
Old 12-29-2011   #200
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the mind of Nitrofish no one should ever have an opinion or criticise anyone ever. Is that right?
Rah! Rah! Sisk Boom bah!

Kick em in the shin! Kick em in the craw!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read