Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011   #141
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With Wade

Which kinda proves the point that while both Wade and Gary have their flaws as HC's.

The answer to the OP's question is, obviously Wade and it's not even really close.

Hopefully NF can go back to tending to the sheep now.
Hehe... Don't count on it... Besides last time I looked all the sheep were at your place. They always come back real nervous. It's the weirdest thing.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Old 12-28-2011   #142
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
As dirty as your mind is...I'd go with the bleach to the brain

Or you could opt for the splintered toothpick in the peepee hole
Immediate shrinkage.
Old 12-28-2011   #143
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With Wade

Which kinda proves the point that while both Wade and Gary have their flaws as HC's.

The answer to the OP's question is, obviously Wade and it's not even really close.

Hopefully NF can go back to tending to the sheep now.
I don't know that it proves any point other than Tj Yates isn't as efficient as Matt Schaub yet.

Even in that game Thursday night, the defense (without Wade) held Indy to 10 points. Their last drive wasn't a poor showing by our defense, they stopped Indy 3 times. & was probably Jj Watt's best showing to date... no, not probably, that was. Unfortunately the yellow flags came out & extended that drive (twice).

Tj Yates in his 4th start had this team in a position to win with 1:56 left in the game. I understand the ball wasn't flying all over the field, but if you like defense & the Texans, that was a damn good game to watch. If you like hardnose, run it down their throat football & the Texans, that was a damn good game to watch. Maybe not your cup of T, but Kubiak called a good game plan that should have won that game.

Didn't. But should have. I'm not saying Kubiak should get a pass. I'm not saying we can put it in the imaginary win column. It was a loss. We didn't lose because we didn't get that first down (though we'd have definitely won if we had). We lost, because our defense didn't step up when they had the opportunity.

They did it all year long, they are the main reason we won all of our games. But, the game was on the line, they were in the best position possible, the game was in their hands & when we needed a stop, it didn't happen.
Old 12-28-2011   #144
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
And just because a point doesn't support your side of the discussion doesn't make it "misguided and ultimately intellectually vacant". Without any supporting points that explain why you believe that to be the case that statement is no more than a weak brush off.
I do not discard valid points that do not support 'my side of a discussion'.

I just do not find a comparison of Tom Landry and 1960's era NFL to be a valid comparison to the modern NFL. Tom Landry started his career with an expansion team in the pre-Super Bowl era, before free agency, before P.E.D. testing, and had a much smaller number of teams and smaller pool of coaching talent to compete for his job.

You are obviously free to look at apples and oranges as both fruit, which is basically what you are doing with Landry vs. Kubiak, but I'm looking at the details of the argument to recognize that each is a different kind of fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
The fact is you "Doom and Gloom" crew are the one's trying your hardest to push your agenda, not us "Sunshine Pumpers" as you call us. It is you that create most of these threads and when we disagree and post our thoughts, it is us who are called kool-aid sippers, or any number of names and labels you choose to put on us in an effort to belittle us just because we choose to look on the positive side and not dwell on the negative.
You can check your condescension at the bathroom door where you created it.

You are babbling on about so-called "Kubiak haters", which seems to be anyone that has a critical analysis of his 6 season tenure with this franchise. Disliking Kubiak on any level is not doom and gloom. You are apparently confused about what that term means.

Instead of talking about other fans, which appears to be the majority of your spewage, why not actually present factual evidence of Kubiak's greatness? You obviously think he is a fantastic coach. So why not debate that side of things instead of acting like a worthless troll on this forum?
Old 12-28-2011   #145
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I do not discard valid points that do not support 'my side of a discussion'.

I just do not find a comparison of Tom Landry and 1960's era NFL to be a valid comparison to the modern NFL. Tom Landry started his career with an expansion team in the pre-Super Bowl era, before free agency, before P.E.D. testing, and had a much smaller number of teams and smaller pool of coaching talent to compete for his job.

You are obviously free to look at apples and oranges as both fruit, which is basically what you are doing with Landry vs. Kubiak, but I'm looking at the details of the argument to recognize that each is a different kind of fruit.

You can check your condescension at the bathroom door where you created it.

You are babbling on about so-called "Kubiak haters", which seems to be anyone that has a critical analysis of his 6 season tenure with this franchise. Disliking Kubiak on any level is not doom and gloom. You are apparently confused about what that term means.

Instead of talking about other fans, which appears to be the majority of your spewage, why not actually present factual evidence of Kubiak's greatness? You obviously think he is a fantastic coach. So why not debate that side of things instead of acting like a worthless troll on this forum?
See what I mean? I am babbling, I am a troll because I do not agree with you. What I say is spewage. Just more name calling in an effort to discredit me. So childish.

It's one thing to be critical, it is another to drone on and on about a loss and use it as leverage as why Kubiak should be gone.

The Doom and Gloom to which I refer is those of you saying we have no chance of winning a playoff game let alone the Super Bowl because we lost to the Panthers and the Colts. Every time there is a loss the whole thing starts over again.

You cannot even accept one or two losses after a 7 game win streak that clinched our Division and Playoff berth. Everything bad that happens is Kubiak's fault and anything good that happens in someone else's doing.

And you can check your elitism at the door too dude.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Old 12-28-2011   #146
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See what I mean? I am babbling, I am a troll because I do not agree with you. What I say is spewage. Just more name calling in an effort to discredit me. So childish.

It's one thing to be critical, it is another to drone on and on about a loss and use it as leverage as why Kubiak should be gone.

The Doom and Gloom to which I refer is those of you saying we have no chance of winning a playoff game let alone the Super Bowl because we lost to the Panthers and the Colts. Every time there is a loss the whole thing starts over again.

You cannot even accept one or two losses after a 7 game win streak that clinched our Division and Playoff berth. Everything bad that happens is Kubiak's fault and anything good that happens in someone else's doing.

And you can check your elitism at the door too dude.
I never said he should be gone. ASSume much?

The way they lost to the 1 win Colts led by Dan freakin' Orlavsky should concern ALL Texans fans.

Playoff bound teams do not lose to 1 win teams. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

"elitism"...BWAHAHAHAHA!! You're a funny dude. What a joke.

btw, nice sig, but it's too big according to forum rules. Unlike the main board, we've got standards.
Old 12-28-2011   #147
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The way they lost to the 1 win Colts led by Dan freakin' Orlavsky should concern ALL Texans fans.

Playoff bound teams do not lose to 1 win teams. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

btw, nice sig, but it's too big according to forum rules. Unlike the main board, we've got standards.
Well, New Orleans lost to a team that could still feasibly finish with a worse record than the Colts. They did it with a QB who is very possibly a future Hall of Famer. We did it with a Rookie 5th round draft pick who was third on the depth chart a little over a month ago. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that A.J. Feeley was the starting QB for the Rams that day.

Last I checked, New Orleans is arguably the team with the best chance to beat Green Bay in the playoffs, and make it to the Super Bowl. So apparently playoff bound teams (even those expected to make some noise when they get there) do occasionally lose to one win teams.
Old 12-28-2011   #148
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Well, New Orleans lost to a team that could still feasibly finish with a worse record than the Colts. They did it with a QB who is very possibly a future Hall of Famer. We did it with a Rookie 5th round draft pick who was third on the depth chart a little over a month ago.

Last I checked, New Orleans is arguably the team with the best chance to beat Green Bay in the playoffs, and make it to the Super Bowl. So apparently playoff bound teams (even those expected to make some noise when they get there) do occasionally lose to one win teams.
New Orleans also beat the Colts 62 - 7.

And our rookie QB did not lose the game to the Colts. Our "elite" #2 defense lost it in the two minute warning to Dan freakin' Orlavsky.

That should be a concern for anyone thinking that our defense can carry this team to the Super Bowl.
Old 12-28-2011   #149
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And our rookie QB did not lose the game to the Colts. Our "elite" #2 defense lost it in the two minute warning to Dan freakin' Orlavsky.

That should be a concern for anyone thinking that our defense can carry this team to the Super Bowl.
And we beat them 34-7 although I fail to see what the hell either thing has to do with the price of tea in China.

Good teams/defenses have bad days, and there are reasons to believe that could have been what happened last Thursday (Starting with time of possession). I remain far more concerned about the offense than the defense. Don't forget that if Dan freakin' Orlovsky were still on our roster, he would very likely be our starting QB.

Last edited by ChampionTexan; 12-28-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-28-2011   #150
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Quote:

I never said you said that, but one would be safe in ASSuming that someone who posts in defense of those whom I was referring to is probably of like mind.

Any team can lose no matter how mighty or superior they appear to be so I do not buy that argument. To be concerned about a loss or the way the team played is one thing, but to drone on and on endlessly in nearly every thread for days and weeks on end is a little more than showing your concern.

It's my opinion it is time to stop the Kubiak bashing, get behind the team and focus on beating the Titans and winning in the Playoffs.

"I'm funny?, Funny how? Funny like a clown? How am I funny to you?" -Joe Pesci in Casino.

I have been lurking on this board for more than a year now and I can tell you this is by far the most Elitist board I have ever read. Some of you guys are so full of yourselves it is hilarious.

SIG FIXED

Old 12-28-2011   #151
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
I have been lurking on this board for more than a year now and I can tell you this is by far the most Elitist board I have ever read. Some of you guys are so full of yourselves it is hilarious.
Then why are you here?
Old 12-28-2011   #152
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
And we beat them 34-7 although I fail to see what the hell either thing has to do with the price of tea in China.

Good teams/defenses have bad days, and there are reasons to believe that could have been what happened last Thursday (Starting with time of possession). I remain far more concerned about the offense than the defense. Don't forget that if Dan freakin' Orlovsky were still on our roster, he would very likely be our starting QB.
I'm not sure where your tangent is headed, but my point was that 10 win teams do not lose to 1 win teams...until now.

Our team made history again.

If that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, far be it from me to steal your joy. I just don't see that as a good thing in any sort of way.

Injuries are catching up, and I think Kubiak and Phillips deserve a lot of credit for this season. Nothing wrong with being happy with 10-5, division title, and first playoff appearance in team history.

The point of this thread, though - "Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak" - is valid. 5 seasons of perpetual mediocre results finally changed once Wade was coaching half the team.
Old 12-28-2011   #153
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Quote:
Then why are you here?
Oh I came for the free beer!

All kidding aside I said some of you, not all of you. Most are pretty level headed and just love their Texans.

Old 12-28-2011   #154
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry and this will be the first and hopefully only time I throw this card but the refs absolutely gave that game to the Colts. Not saying the Texans played well because they didn't. But even sucking they would have won the game but for the atrocious officiating.
Old 12-28-2011   #155
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Quote:
The point of this thread, though - "Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak" - is valid. 5 seasons of perpetual mediocre results finally changed once Wade was coaching half the team.
The fact is we all knew offense was not the problem with this team in the past. We were all aware that a solid D would make all the difference in the world and it has.

But to say Phillips is More Valuable is laughable. If we did not have Kubiak we would be the Jaguars. I think they are great together, neither is more valuable than the other.

IMHO this thread is intended to divide not determine who is more valuable. Fans of other teams are looking in on this board and laughing at us over this stupid thread.

Old 12-28-2011   #156
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

& the bolded is why this thread was silly to begin with & should've been closed 3 days ago. When all things are taken into account, neither of these guys is any more valuable than the other. The sum of the parts is greater than the individual parts themselves.

Offensive minded individuals could look at 3 of our losses and put most of the blame on the defense.

Defensive minded individuals could look at 3 of our losses and put most of the blame on the offense.

If you can't be objective, then it really just comes down to your perspective.
Old 12-28-2011   #157
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm sorry and this will be the first and hopefully only time I throw this card but the refs absolutely gave that game to the Colts. Not saying the Texans played well because they didn't. But even sucking they would have won the game but for the atrocious officiating.

Exactly. The refs made this game look like the Jets game last year. I knew the Texans had this game won with the Colts having no timeouts, but when I saw the refs converting 3rd downs for the Colts, I knew the Texans were screwed.
Old 12-28-2011   #158
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
I'm not sure where your tangent is headed, but my point was that 10 win teams do not lose to 1 win teams...until now.

Our team made history again.

If that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, far be it from me to steal your joy. I just don't see that as a good thing in any sort of way.

Injuries are catching up, and I think Kubiak and Phillips deserve a lot of credit for this season. Nothing wrong with being happy with 10-5, division title, and first playoff appearance in team history.

And I simply pointed out that a current 11 win New Orleans team lost to a current two win St. Louis team, and the fact that it happened early in the season doesn't really change it's comparability. Not saying it makes me feel warm and fuzzy, but I don't exactly feel suicidal either.

And referring to another one of my previous posts, I'm not concerned with who's most important, because I don't want to see either Kubiak or Phillips here by themselves (even though it's probably inevitable). I'm just trying to enjoy the collaboration while I have the chance.
Old 12-28-2011   #159
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never said you said that, but one would be safe in ASSuming that someone who posts in defense of those whom I was referring to is probably of like mind.

Any team can lose no matter how mighty or superior they appear to be so I do not buy that argument. To be concerned about a loss or the way the team played is one thing, but to drone on and on endlessly in nearly every thread for days and weeks on end is a little more than showing your concern.

It's my opinion it is time to stop the Kubiak bashing, get behind the team and focus on beating the Titans and winning in the Playoffs.

"I'm funny?, Funny how? Funny like a clown? How am I funny to you?" -Joe Pesci in Casino.

SIG FIXED
DB has been a strong member of this site for years and anyone in here would vouch for him as far as how dedicated he's been as a fan here, so knock it off with the "You need to support this team" rhetoric. If you don't like to hear DB or other folks giving their opinions on this board, than leave.

Why don't you stop telling other people what to feel like whether it's about a coach, a player, an owner, or so on. Stop telling other fans what to think or feel just because you believe in being a homer at all costs and will support every decision by this franchise unconditionally. And for crying out loud quit telling people to support this team as if they aren't die hard fans already. You come off really stupid by telling die hard fans that when they're obviously highly invested in this team or they wouldn't be in here talking about it. Several members in here have explained this obvious part to you, but you aren't capable of understanding that, because you don't want to. You're so hell bent on trying to tell others what they should feel about Kubiak that you aren't capable of a rationale conversation at this point. Pretty soon you'll find that people won't be responding to near as many of your posts, because they'll have you on ignore honestly. No one cares to continually hear someone spew venom because they're butt hurt over their favorite HC being criticized. We're Texans fans, and we root for this franchise. You come off more like a "Kubiak fan" rather than a Texan fan in my observations thus far.
Old 12-28-2011   #160
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm disappointed in you. It's a cop-out to blame the refs. The players and coaches don't do it, so why should we?

I've seen those plays many times since then, and only one (Watt) that I would consider egregious. The rest of them were just sloppy play and if they were incorrect, the league would advise accordingly.

I guess you think "the fix" is in, too? Both teams had the same refs, so either they had it in for the Texans, or the Texans just played undisciplined ball.

I do not subscribe to referee bias for one team over the other. yeah, they were officiating tight, but the Texans dug their own hole, not the refs.

Quote:
But to say Phillips is More Valuable is laughable.
Please elaborate on Kubiak's Hall of Fame coaching career before Wade was hired.

Such dismissal without valid content is laughable.

Quote:
Fans of other teams are looking in on this board and laughing at us over this stupid thread.
As far as other fans and their opinions, I will leave that hand-wringing nonsense to you. I could give a crap what other fans think about us. I have visited other boards, and all of them are full of the same things: opinions from fans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read