Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2011   #41
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans players desperate for Wade Phillips to return

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You know what's really funny? When I played basketball in high school (and the rules were essentially the same in the NBA at the time), you couldn't hardly accidentally bump an opponent without being called for it. The NBA, opposite the NFL, has trended over the years to become relatively much more "contact-friendly."
Wow, you are so right.

And the interminable whistles and referee interference is what has always made me hate basketball.

I sure hope that doesn't happen to football, but it looks like we're already there.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #42
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're on the 3rd page and not one person has even speculated that the article could have a "made up source". It makes for a good story, but I'm not buying it. I'm not saying people may be bummed that Wade isn't there, but they're not going to call out a guy who's a temporary fill in. I think it's bogus, JMHO.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #43
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know what's really funny? When I played basketball in high school (and the rules were essentially the same in the NBA at the time), you couldn't hardly accidentally bump an opponent without being called for it. The NBA, opposite the NFL, has trended over the years to become relatively much more "contact-friendly."
I don't know about that. The NBA of old seemed a lot tougher than today. Both leagues have gotten softer.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #44
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
We're on the 3rd page
3rd page?!?!

You need to edit your options.

This is still page 1 in my book.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #45
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
3rd page?!?!

You need to edit your options.

This is still page 1 in my book.
Well....we were 41 posts in. Let's put it that way.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I don't know about that. The NBA of old seemed a lot tougher than today. Both leagues have gotten softer.
I was speaking about the era before you were even born, grasshopper. When traveling was more than 1 step and palming the ball were ref favorites. In those days, players geared to avoid ALL contact at ANY price...........Hand checking of any sort was an immediate foul! During that period, there was the "3 for 2 rule," where the NBA allowed free throw shooters in the penalty to have 3 attempts to make 2 free throws. Sounds like today's schools where you can take tests over again until you pass them.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #47
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was speaking about the era before you were even born, grasshopper. When traveling was more than 1 step and palming the ball were ref favorites. In those days, players geared to avoid ALL contact at ANY price...........Hand checking of any sort was an immediate foul! During that period, there was the "3 for 2 rule," where the NBA allowed free throw shooters in the penalty to have 3 attempts to make 2 free throws. Sounds like today's schools where you can take tests over again until you pass them.
Hey, I like that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #48
Dawgnme
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respected

Remind me, Wade had surgery for the Saints game too, right? Or was it the Oakland game... maybe the Ravens? I forget.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read