Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2011   #61
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Here's the reality of the situation (It ain't pretty)

Seeds!? You wanna talk seeds!?!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #62
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 4499 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
finding it hilarious that this loss has caused the whole 'woe is us we suck again' mentality to resurface.

we didnt go for the kill v the colts (same way we didnt v the jags) and just like v the jags i have no problem with it. for 59 mins i was rly confident that dano couldnt beat us the same way gabbert couldnt and it wouldve been turnovers that lost us the game. it came back and bit us in the ass (with a large assist to the refs).

so what? im not getting the whole outcry its caused. the game didnt mean much (we needed help for a bye anyway) and the game has no similiarity to how the playoff game/s will be played (i.e we're going to have to win those games instead of trying not to lose it) . were we conservative v the falcons or bengals??.... you know the actual playoff type games with something on the line.

the real reality of the situation is that that game had nothing to do in predicting our success or play in the playoffs.

I believe it is a by product of games past. This team and fan base have always been bipolar. It doesn't take much to set off a manic attack. These game have no real meaning other than to get TJ some real time play and prepare him for the playoffs. The win out would be nice but if these loses get him some invaluable lessons then so be it.

Or, I could be wrong and it is time to run through the streets with my hair on fire. Either way it has been entertaining.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
finding it hilarious that this loss has caused the whole 'woe is us we suck again' mentality to resurface.

we didnt go for the kill v the colts (same way we didnt v the jags) and just like v the jags i have no problem with it. for 59 mins i was rly confident that dano couldnt beat us the same way gabbert couldnt and it wouldve been turnovers that lost us the game. it came back and bit us in the ass (with a large assist to the refs).

so what? im not getting the whole outcry its caused. the game didnt mean much (we needed help for a bye anyway) and the game has no similiarity to how the playoff game/s will be played (i.e we're going to have to win those games instead of trying not to lose it) . were we conservative v the falcons or bengals??.... you know the actual playoff type games with something on the line.

the real reality of the situation is that that game had nothing to do in predicting our success or play in the playoffs.
We almost lost to the Falcons (Jones dropped a game-winning TD).

We barely beat the Bengals (last second TD throw).

Lost to the Panthers.

Lost to the Colts (via a last-second TD pass by ORLOVSKY).

The offense is stagnant, even with Foster and Tate in there. No Schaub, no AJ, and an o-line that is getting its ass kicked on a regular basis in the pass game.

But you don't "get" the outcry?

I'll have a sip of whatever you're drinking.
Old 12-24-2011   #64
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Lost to the Panthers.

The offense is stagnant, even with Foster and Tate in there. No Schaub, no AJ, and an o-line that is getting its ass kicked on a regular basis in the pass game.

Jones dropped a game TYING TD.

Anyway, I understand the outcry about the last two games. However, to throw in comments about the WINS, is disgusting.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

All this without our best players. We won some games we shouldn't have. We also lost some games we shouldn't have.

We're working on winning a Super Bowl.

Forget what this team was, or what it's supposed to be. This is the team we've got now, it is not a top 10 offense. It is what it is & we've got to find a way to win with what we've got.

Like it or not, the offense did enough to win. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't what we expected but it was enough to win that game.
Old 12-24-2011   #66
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Jones dropped a game TYING TD.

Anyway, I understand the outcry about the last two games. However, to throw in comments about the WINS, is disgusting.

Sorry, I don't think that comments about wins are disgusting. Example.....Even Kubiak said we played sloppy against the Bengals. If I see a player or players playing there ass off in a WIN OR LOSS I'll bring it up (J.J. Watt and Brice McCain played great football and I said so). On the other hand if a player or players or playing like crap in a WIN OR LOSS I will continue to voice my opinion. Win or loose, at this point in his career, #25 is a liability, and I believe that he should not be on the field. If we beat the Colts by 40 and Winston played like he did last night I would not hesitate to point out his struggles and also point out how the coaching staff did not game plan correctly (leaving him with no help vs a great speed rusher). Win or loose I will call it like I see it. Nobody is going to agree with everything that everyone writes. If you don't agree make a valid argument..... Why do you believe it is "disgusting" to throw in comments about the wins if the one who wrote the comment truly feels that way. Sorry for the rant.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #67
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not exactly true. In one of his press conferences he said what he was most upset about was that two of the sacks came when we gave help, the line just didn't play to the help.

On that holding call where Winston got called for the holding. He had Dressen on the outside who chipped Mathis, but Winston allowed Mathis to beat him inside, away from the help.
I am sure I did not see it correctly. I need a to find a DVR in Costa Rica, thanks.
Old 12-24-2011   #68
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Sorry, I don't think that comments about wins are disgusting. Example.....Even Kubiak said we played sloppy against the Bengals. If I see a player or players playing there ass off in a WIN OR LOSS I'll bring it up (J.J. Watt and Brice McCain played great football and I said so). On the other hand if a player or players or playing like crap in a WIN OR LOSS I will continue to voice my opinion. Win or loose, at this point in his career, #25 is a liability, and I believe that he should not be on the field. If we beat the Colts by 40 and Winston played like he did last night I would not hesitate to point out his struggles and also point out how the coaching staff did not game plan correctly (leaving him with no help vs a great speed rusher). Win or loose I will call it like I see it. Nobody is going to agree with everything that everyone writes. If you don't agree make a valid argument..... Why do you believe it is "disgusting" to throw in comments about the wins if the one who wrote the comment truly feels that way. Sorry for the rant.
Sorry for what? Rants are fine.

Why not bring it up after the wins. Now that they lost 2 games it's okay? Miss me with that. Don't be sorry about your rant, though. Just like you're going to voice some ish, I'm going to voice mine.

EDIT: Seems like a lot of folks can't function with a winner. Can't wait to see "I'm glad I was wrong" on Saturday, January 7th.
Old 12-24-2011   #69
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lost to the Panthers.

-firstly i dont see how your post is much of a retort to mine. why summarise the last 4 games (with the typical negative slant of course)? i know you're trying to justify the outcry but how does that relate to my point of the panthers and colts games not being playoff type games?

-despite your negative slant, you still cannot deny that we beat both of the good teams when the playoffs were on the line and lost to the worse teams when we were in. guess which of those games our home playoff game is going to resemble??

-also undeniable is the fact that the offence we saw in those big games v the falcs and bengals, while not as potent as when schaub is in there, was not 'stagnant'. i agree the offence v the colts especially seemed pretty vanilla in comparison. id like to think kubiak must be keeping the better stuff for the playoffs and/or because he didnt think the colts had the firepower to beat us so he kept it v basic.

-lastly, you went on to justify more of the reasoning why there shouldnt be an outcry because we lost! why are ppl mad when theres so many reasons to be dropping games right now. we're getting aj & hopefully briesel back. we're getting wade back. we'll have a home playoff game. thats the game to base your opinions on not some worthless week 16 game v the colts so until then im going to chill the **** out and i wish more ppl would do the same
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #70
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:

Why not bring it up after the wins. Now that they lost 2 games it's okay? Miss me with that. Don't be sorry about your rant, though. Just like you're going to voice some ish, I'm going to voice mine.
Just joined the board so that is why have not criticized players after wins. I live in a foreign country and I find this board extremely informative so I joined. You are right, rants are not bad. You make very valid points but when I saw the word "disgusting" used it struck a nerve. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought he had a valid point. Nothing personal.
Old 12-24-2011   #71
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Just joined the board so that is why have not criticized players after wins. I live in a foreign country and I find this board extremely informative so I joined. You are right, rants are not bad. You make very valid points but when I saw the word "disgusting" used it struck a nerve. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought he had a valid point. Nothing personal.
No issues here, my man.
Old 12-24-2011   #72
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All this without our best players. We won some games we shouldn't have. We also lost some games we shouldn't have.

We're working on winning a Super Bowl.

Forget what this team was, or what it's supposed to be. This is the team we've got now, it is not a top 10 offense. It is what it is & we've got to find a way to win with what we've got.

Like it or not, the offense did enough to win. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't what we expected but it was enough to win that game.
If the Refs stayed out of the game perhaps now we'd be talking about how the Texans dug down deep again and won.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #73
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you're wrong about "this loss" being the cause of that. I think it's this loss, the previous loss, and the shaky pair of wins that preceded that loss combined.

It's easy to keep thinking "We'll deal with it" when things are still turning out the way you want them to. It's tough to deny what you're seeing when games you should be winning are ending with a big fat "L" next to them.

I also think that this idea that we're somehow going to turn it on once the games become important again is flawed. We're going to go into the playoffs (at this rate) riding a three game losing streak and if this team can suddenly become competitive again I'll be stunned. Shocked (albeit pleasantly). This is a dangerous preconception if Gary's carrying this around with him. Really good teams have trouble downshifting and then getting back on it. We've been good for about 8 weeks if you can in fact still say that we are "good".

There's plenty of reason to be concerned right now. Plenty of reason to doubt.
Old 12-24-2011   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Great post Herv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think you're wrong about "this loss" being the cause of that. I think it's this loss, the previous loss, and the shaky pair of wins that preceded that loss combined.

It's easy to keep thinking "We'll deal with it" when things are still turning out the way you want them to. It's tough to deny what you're seeing when games you should be winning are ending with a big fat "L" next to them.
I hear what you are saying. But, when you watched the Colts Thursday night, did they look like a 1 win team that had no business being on the field? Or did they look like they came to play?

I saw Pierre Garcon handling Jjo. Not that Jjo was half-ass'n it, but Garcon came to play. Freeny & Mathis came to play. Not saying that Winston didn't but we know his limitations. Duane did his thang.

Thinking we should win because the Colts are 1-13 or the Panthers or 5-9 isn't a good way to psyche yourself up for a game.

Quote:
I also think that this idea that we're somehow going to turn it on once the games become important again is flawed. We're going to go into the playoffs (at this rate) riding a three game losing streak and if this team can suddenly become competitive again I'll be stunned. Shocked (albeit pleasantly). This is a dangerous preconception if Gary's carrying this around with him. Really good teams have trouble downshifting and then getting back on it. We've been good for about 8 weeks if you can in fact still say that we are "good".
It's not that I think we can "turn it on" Just like teams are watching film & figuring out our run game & Tj & our defense, we're watching film to find where our shortcomings are & where we can take advantage of some opportunities.

We're working on perfecting the game plan that gives us the best shot at going deep into the play-offs. You know resting those hopes on the shoulders of Tj Yates is not going to get us anywhere.

We've got to get better at running the ball when they know we're going to run. We've got to get better at running the ball when we don't have Aj to stretch the defense.

We've got to get better at protecting our QB when they know he'll fold under pressure. We've got to get better at catching the ball if it's anywhere close (looking at you Jacoby). We've got to get better at catching those underneath throws & turning them up field.

If we're going to win in the play-offs, everybody is going to have to step it up.

& we're going to play to our strengths.

Quote:
There's plenty of reason to be concerned right now. Plenty of reason to doubt.
To be concerned? Yes

To doubt? No, I don't see it.

Old 12-25-2011   #75
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not exactly true. In one of his press conferences he said what he was most upset about was that two of the sacks came when we gave help, the line just didn't play to the help.

On that holding call where Winston got called for the holding. He had Dressen on the outside who chipped Mathis, but Winston allowed Mathis to beat him inside, away from the help.
It was one worse than that. From Friday's press conference.

(on if RT Eric Winston’s penalties and pass protection in the last month are a concern) “No. Eric’s a consistent player for us. He struggled with (Robert) Mathis. I mean, they’ve got Pro Bowl players on both sides. Two great players, been doing it a long, long time. The biggest disappointment for me, we had four sacks. Three out of those for sacks came when we were actually trying to help our tackles. They weren’t even singled up. We didn’t play well toward our help, without me getting into a bunch of football stuff. We need to play to our help better when we’re getting it and we didn’t do that. We’ve got to protect our quarterback a lot better than we did.”
Old 12-25-2011   #76
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 270 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

We only have a 2-game losing streak that can be reversed next weekend against the Titans with Wade & AJ back knocking the Titans out of the playoffs
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #77
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
If the Refs stayed out of the game perhaps now we'd be talking about how the Texans dug down deep again and won.
No, we WOULD be talking about that, because the game was over like three times.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #78
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 50 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

The hard cold truth is that the injuries have finally caught up with us. As a 10 year season ticket holder, I'm pretty bitter about this year. We finally have a winning team and because of all these injuries, I can't even enjoy it. What have we done to deserve this? I do think the future looks pretty bright but you never know what will happen from year to year. I sure hope we don't lose Wade.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #79
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
-firstly i dont see how your post is much of a retort to mine. why summarise the last 4 games (with the typical negative slant of course)? i know you're trying to justify the outcry but how does that relate to my point of the panthers and colts games not being playoff type games?

-despite your negative slant, you still cannot deny that we beat both of the good teams when the playoffs were on the line and lost to the worse teams when we were in. guess which of those games our home playoff game is going to resemble??

-also undeniable is the fact that the offence we saw in those big games v the falcs and bengals, while not as potent as when schaub is in there, was not 'stagnant'. i agree the offence v the colts especially seemed pretty vanilla in comparison. id like to think kubiak must be keeping the better stuff for the playoffs and/or because he didnt think the colts had the firepower to beat us so he kept it v basic.

-lastly, you went on to justify more of the reasoning why there shouldnt be an outcry because we lost! why are ppl mad when theres so many reasons to be dropping games right now. we're getting aj & hopefully briesel back. we're getting wade back. we'll have a home playoff game. thats the game to base your opinions on not some worthless week 16 game v the colts so until then im going to chill the **** out and i wish more ppl would do the same
Don't be getting all pissy because me and some others aren't patting you on the back and rubber-stamping everything you say.

The new poster had a valid point when he/she said that you can have your opinion, I can have mine, and that you don't have go Drama Queen on me because we differ on the topic. Grow up, and own your posts and stop trying to instigate a fight over it.

Nobody is jumping off bridges over the recent losing streak (as you are implying). Some are just taking a thousand-foot overhead view of the past four games and we don't like the trend. Sue us.

Quote:

EDIT: Seems like a lot of folks can't function with a winner. Can't wait to see "I'm glad I was wrong" on Saturday, January 7th.
You know what sucks? People on here who play the "Oh me of great virtue!" card when it comes to who has faith in this team and who doesn't. I generally like your analysis and football talk, but the whole "I have faith and others don't" schtick is old.

I didn't bring up the problems after the Cincy game because it would be a dyck move to do so. We just won the AFC South after that win in Cincy, it was time for celebration...not for nit-picking. I also stated that even if we are 1-and-done in the playoffs, that this year would be an alright year in my book--First playoff game in franchise history, first AFC South title in franchise history, and all of this with horrible injuries to our key players on both sides of the ball.

All in all, I try to not be too much homer and not too much Doug Downer either.

The previous poster who said the injuries have caught up with us, IMO, is spot on with that post. At some point, it just happens. Your team has been through so much, you're tired and banged up yourself, and the help is lacking.
Old 12-26-2011   #80
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
I'd like to think kubiak must be keeping the better stuff for the playoffs and/or because he didnt think the colts had the firepower to beat us so he kept it v basic.
I am going to address this comment because lots of people make this comment and it's just not factual.

Answer me this: We've had 14 games up to the point in time when we faced the Colts. Why would Kubiak "go basic" when teams will be able to FULLY examine the previous 14 games of film on us?

I can understand Kubiak going vanilla in the Jaguars game, he needed to get out of Jax with a healthy QB in Yates.

But this idea that Kubiak is saving stuff for the playoffs? I would like to think that with a FIRST ROUND BYE on the table, that Kubiak would pull out all the stops to get his guys two weeks of rest by winning out the remaining two games.

Instead, the whole game (other than Foster going bananas whenever he touched the ball) was disconnected and looked awkward on offense.

That Colts game was the first time this season that I didn't like anything we did all game long on offense. The play calling was predictable, for this armchair QB at least, and it seemed Herring was also not dialing in the right calls too.

Getting Wade Phillips back will help, IMO. He's more valuable to us than even Joseph and Manning have been, IMO. The guys on defense just have a better chance with him calling the shots and leading the team in and out of the locker room. The offense will not improve unless Winston wises up on pass pro, AJ can remain a factor in games, and Yates makes the right reads...a tall order if you ask me.

We gotta' win with defense. Period.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read