Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2011   #41
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seed #3

Uhm, since Bengals are 9-6 the only teams that could challenge their #6 seed are those 8-7 after this week

Tennessee Titans 8-7
Denver Broncos 8-7
Oakland Raiders 8-7
New York Jets 8-7

San Diego Chargers 8-7 (if they win tonight)

I don't know which team would be the winner if they all came out 9-7 from week 17... Too much searching to do... Anyone knows if some team can be ruled out for sure?
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #42
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

What's the scenario for 6th seed? I'd like to know who we'll be playing first round.

With healthy AJ and Wade, plus possibly Brisiel our first round game is very winnable.
Old 12-24-2011   #43
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
What's the scenario for 6th seed? I'd like to know who we'll be playing first round.

With healthy AJ and Wade, plus possibly Brisiel our first round game is very winnable.
Saw this from TexSid on the other Texans forum

Quote:
If Jet Cincy and Tenny win out we play Cincy

If Jets lose Cincy lose and tenny lose then we play Cincy

If Balt beats Cincy, Jets beat Mia and Tenny beats us we play Tenny
If Balt beats Cincy, Jets beat Mia and we beat Tenny we play Jets
If Balt beats Cincy, Jet lose to Mia, win or lose to Tenny we play Cincy
if Cincy beats Balt , Jets win/lose to Mia , win or lose to Tenny we play Cincy
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #44
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...hm=yahooranker

this is awesome!

-- EDIT --

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
this is even better

Last edited by Sigma; 12-24-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-24-2011   #45
Sigma
All Pro

I controlled, we still can get:

Bengals, Titans, Raiders, Jets and the Chargers too if they somehow manage to win their game today

Broncos we cannot get since if they end 9-7 they will win their division
Old 12-24-2011   #46
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

So it looks like it will be Bengals,Jets ,Raiders or Titans.
Old 12-24-2011   #47
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope its tennesse at least we know what we are facing if its them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #48
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Seed #3

Just saw this thread, it's great to have another international fan Welcome BTW, I learned football from an Italian classmate in 4th grade
Old 12-25-2011   #49
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
So it looks like it will be Bengals,Jets ,Raiders or Titans.
My hope is that it isn't the Jets...
Old 12-25-2011   #50
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the Raiders.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #51
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to win

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #52
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome Sigma!

I only read the first page, but I-a like-a dis thread-a.

Joking of course... But I still think all of your posts may read like that for me now.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #53
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Locked into Seed #3

Welcome to the board Sigma!! Hope you have a FANtastic New Year starting with the TEXANS crushing the Tennessee Titans on Jan 1st!! If you do a little research you will find out WHY so many of us on this board HATE the Titans so much! Start by looking up the Houston Oilers!! You might already know this, but, if not, you will get a feel for WHY I PRAY TO THE FOOTBALL GAWDS above that we DO NOT play the Titans in our first ever playoff game! A loss to them just might put this old grandma in the ER!!

BTW: NO respectful TEXAN fan would ever pull for the Titans or Cowboys!! just saying!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #54
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Welcome to the board Sigma!! Hope you have a FANtastic New Year starting with the TEXANS crushing the Tennessee Titans on Jan 1st!! If you do a little research you will find out WHY so many of us on this board HATE the Titans so much! Start by looking up the Houston Oilers!! You might already know this, but, if not, you will get a feel for WHY I PRAY TO THE FOOTBALL GAWDS above that we DO NOT play the Titans in our first ever playoff game! A loss to them just might put this old grandma in the ER!!

BTW: NO respectful TEXAN fan would ever pull for the Titans or Cowboys!! just saying!!
hahaha thank you for welcoming me!

Yeah, I already know about the Houston Oilers > Tennessee Oilers > Tennessee Titans

That's why I never liked them

I mean, even if you can accept the fact they changed city.... WHY WOULD YOU NAME A TEAM TITANS????? that's the stupidest name (no offense) because well... an army of titans that loses against a bunch of colts.... that's just ridiculous

For the cowboys is different, I mean, I don't like 'em... not even a bit... but I can't explain why... But I can understand how someone could like 'em...

That's one thing I never understood, how texans (people) choose between the Cowboys and the Texans (team)

I guess if you are from Dallas / Near Dallas so you will likely be a Cowboys fan
and If you are from Houston / Near Houston you will likely be a Oilers/Texans fan...

but from 1996 to 2002 ?

I'm curious about that since my choice wasn't based on geography

PS:
Talking about Titans, have you ever heard that saying that goes:
"The Bigger They Are The Harder They Fall"

we have that same saying here in Italy only in italian it is:
"The Bigger They Are The More Noise They Make When They Fall"

Old 12-26-2011   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
hahaha thank you for welcoming me!

Yeah, I already know about the Houston Oilers > Tennessee Oilers > Tennessee Titans

That's why I never liked them

I mean, even if you can accept the fact they changed city.... WHY WOULD YOU NAME A TEAM TITANS????? that's the stupidest name (no offense) because well... an army of titans that loses against a bunch of colts.... that's just ridiculous

For the cowboys is different, I mean, I don't like 'em... not even a bit... but I can't explain why... But I can understand how someone could like 'em...

That's one thing I never understood, how texans (people) choose between the Cowboys and the Texans (team)

I guess if you are from Dallas / Near Dallas so you will likely be a Cowboys fan
and If you are from Houston / Near Houston you will likely be a Oilers/Texans fan...

but from 1996 to 2002 ?

I'm curious about that since my choice wasn't based on geography

PS:
Talking about Titans, have you ever heard that saying that goes:
"The Bigger They Are The Harder They Fall"

we have that same saying here in Italy only in italian it is:
"The Bigger They Are The More Noise They Make When They Fall"

Welcome to the board! My daddy like country, I went Rock & Roll. Daddy like the Cowboys so I went Oilers.
Old 12-27-2011   #56
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

So what day is the game and what time?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #57
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
So what day is the game and what time?
which game do you mean?
Old 12-28-2011   #58
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HAHAHAHA I totally agree with you!

thanks to everyone for the welcome

first of all I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm from the northern part of Italy (near venice) so probably the little italian voice in your heads is different from mine, that is because America's idea of Italians is mainly derived from the southern part of the country
I was born in vicenza now i live in australia! have been here for 17years
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #59
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
I was born in vicenza now i live in australia! have been here for 17years
I know a lot of venetian moved in australia Canada too...

did you moved for work? or were you just a kid?
Old 12-28-2011   #60
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know a lot of venetian moved in australia Canada too...

did you moved for work? or were you just a kid?
i moved here when i was 5. i got back every couple of years though
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read