Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2011   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Tell me where I discredited Wade. Don't worry, I'll wait. I say both coaches are valuable, and that, somehow = discrediting Wade.

Ahh, Texan fans...always going full Aggie on me.
"Discredit" implies that you're trying to take credit away from him... Implying that he didn't have anything to do with the players we picked up is trying to take some credit away from him. Implying that Gary Kubiak has had just as much to do with our success this season when he hasn't is trying to take credit away from him. What am I missing here?

And no... I didn't go full "Kubiak" on you either
Old 12-25-2011   #22
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
"Discredit" implies that you're trying to take credit away from him... Implying that he didn't have anything to do with the players we picked up is trying to take some credit away from him. Implying that Gary Kubiak has had just as much to do with our success this season is trying to take credit away from him. What am I missing here?

I said they were both valuable. How much or otherwise never came from my keyboard.
Old 12-25-2011   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's something else Gary Kubiak is not....... Chuck Noll or Tom Landry.
Metioning Gary in the same post as a HC on par with Landry/Noll = LMAO.
Old 12-25-2011   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I would not want Wade as HC but Gary should be shown the door along with Rick.
Old 12-25-2011   #25
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I said they were both valuable. How much or otherwise never came from my keyboard.
So than what's your gripe with this thread, because technically Gary (the O.P. not the coach) never said Kubiak had no value....he simply said Wade was more valuable. Kubiak has some value, he just isn't close to being as valuable as Wade. He'd be on his way to his 7th straight non playoff season and would be out of a job without Wade Phillips. If we sign Kubiak to a extension he should give Wade half his money.
Old 12-25-2011   #26
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Take off the blinders and you'll see what I mean this is not the SAT.
Old 12-25-2011   #27
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
That is just all there is to it IMHO. What do you say?
Impossible to disagree.
Old 12-25-2011   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Metioning Gary in the same post as a HC on par with Landry/Noll = LMAO.
You sure about that ..... ?

Landry was 25-53-4 in his first 6 years,

Noll was 43-40-1 in his first 6 years,

Kubiak is 47-48 in his first 6 years.
Old 12-25-2011   #29
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
So than what's your gripe with this thread, because technically Gary (the O.P. not the coach) never said Kubiak had no value....he simply said Wade was more valuable. Kubiak has some value, he just isn't close to being as valuable as Wade. He'd be on his way to his 7th straight non playoff season and would be out of a job without Wade Phillips. If we sign Kubiak to a extension he should give Wade half his money.
I think that WAS what he was implying. "Get rid of Kubiak/Smith" says that to me. But that's neither here nor there.

Sad that we'll have to hear this all off-season, even if ULTIMATE success is achieved.
Old 12-25-2011   #30
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I thought garys were supposed to stick together?

Alright, your hot chick privileges are being revoked.
Not. Dude is a hot chick magnet.
Old 12-25-2011   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post

Different times

Different scheduling format

No FA

Most teams can be turned around in4 yrs. Yet here Gary is losing to a 1 win team on national TV 6 yrs later.
Old 12-25-2011   #32
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Different times

No FA

Most teams can be turned around in4 yrs. Yet here Gary is losing to a 1 win team on national TV 6 yrs later.
Exactly right.

And, by the way, Noll won his first Super Bowl in his sixth year.
Old 12-25-2011   #33
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
What are you, a crowd follower?
Would you be so kind to post a real opinion? Thank you so much.
Old 12-25-2011   #34
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Different times

No FA

Myopia.

Let's hire Jeff Fischer or Bill Belichick.

Fischer was 45-41 in his first six seasons,

Belichick was 41-55 in his first six seasons.
Old 12-25-2011   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
That is just all there is to it IMHO. What do you say?
That's not all there is to my man! Ummm, Wade is good at defense. Gary is good at offense. Gary can't run a defense and Wade can't run an offense. This tag-team is the definition of what Co-Head coaches should be. Unfortunately, there has to be one guy that is named "head" coach, which would be Gary since Wade had a gig at the time the Texans fired Capers...
Old 12-25-2011   #36
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I think Wade is more valuable than Kubiak. I also think Wade and Gary together make a great HC. As long as Wade returns next year, Gary is ok with me. Gary, until the last two weeks, has kept a team going who has lost 2 QBs and the only WR they have that can handle a long pass consistently. That can't be easy. This doesn't mean I think Gary by himself is the greatest, great or even halfway good as an HC. I think the combination of Gary and Wade could take us to the SB - if players and both coaches remain healthy.

When is Wade coming back?
Old 12-25-2011   #37
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
...I also think Wade and Gary together make a great HC.
^Bingo.
Old 12-25-2011   #38
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Myopia.

Let's hire Jeff Fischer or Bill Belichick.

Fischer was 45-41 in his first six seasons,

Belichick was 41-55 in his first six seasons.
Belichick's first gig in Cleveland was 5 years and that was before the current/modern era of free agency. Even so, he won his first playoff game after his fourth season.

He won the Super Bowl his second year with the Patriots (his seventh season all together). Turned them around and put rings on their fingers after two seasons.

And Jeff Fisher? Jeff Fisher sucks.
Old 12-25-2011   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
You mean like you?

"That is just all there is to it"

worthless thread due to a worthless post.
Don't ever **** with my man Gary!!! EVER!!! I miss disagree with some of his posts... That said, NEVER suggest anything Gary does is "worthless"!!
Old 12-25-2011   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
"Discredit" implies that you're trying to take credit away from him... Implying that he didn't have anything to do with the players we picked up is trying to take some credit away from him. Implying that Gary Kubiak has had just as much to do with our success this season when he hasn't is trying to take credit away from him. What am I missing here?

Chicago Bears

Jacksonville Jaguars

Cleveland Browns

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read