Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2011   #81
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone else concerned about Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Great thought... Knowing Kubiak this could be exactly what he is doing.
Kubiak isn't that smart. He usually loses when he has too much time to think.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #82
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pencil me in as a yes....
Old 12-22-2011   #83
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

This team isn't going anywhere with this offense.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #84
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

yep I am very concerned
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
This team isn't going anywhere with this offense.
I guarantee you, this offense is going to look much, much better by the time we play our first play-off game.
Old 12-22-2011   #86
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I guarantee you, this offense is going to look much, much better by the time we play our first play-off game.
I assume you are counting on AJ being the main component to that and may very well be. If not, we will have great difficulty winning a playoff game against teams that can put up points. We are just NOT able to do the shootout thing with TJ yet and the defense seems to wear down a bit in the 4th due to having more playing time put on them. If we can streatch the field and keep the defense honest, we can win.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #87
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

You are a homer of the worst kind. Not objectivity at all. Totally 100% homer. Fellow TT members can put you on ignore and not miss anything because all your posts are predictably pro Texan. Yeah. Go texans!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #88
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That said, let me count the numbers for you (I don't think I missed any).

In the Panthers game, there were 3 calls for TJ to roll out.
The only one play he had a chance to throw across the body was when he rolled left and pass to a TE.

In the Bengals game, there were 5 roll-out/boot leg plays called.
None had an opportunity.

Against the Bucs, Schaub had 4 plays called for him, with 2 throws near the middle. However, both of these plays were away from the short side of the field. Schaub had plenty of room to roll-out and plenty of time to look for the receivers who were open (Both were short passes.)

Against the Browns, Schaub had 2 plays called for him, with no such opportunity.

True that TJ had more attempts than Schaub in the 2 games vs. 2 games; however, there weren't anything to differentiate even after we pro-rate the number of attempts.

I can see your point, but it wasn't relevant/significant in this sample size.

My point is still there: It depends on the play call.
It seems more like we scheme based on the opponents.
There wasn't any call for neither TJ nor Schaub to set up camp and throw from the bootleg in these four games.
TB, you must have seen TJ take a few throws across the body today off the roll-out.
The kid can do it.
I've seen him done it well in college.

Everything Schaub does, Yates can do.
It's just a matter of learning the next level.
In my book, TJ is a good way ahead of the learning curve.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I assume you are counting on AJ being the main component to that and may very well be. If not, we will have great difficulty winning a playoff game against teams that can put up points. We are just NOT able to do the shootout thing with TJ yet and the defense seems to wear down a bit in the 4th due to having more playing time put on them. If we can streatch the field and keep the defense honest, we can win.
  1. Who are these top offenses we are going to face in the play-offs?
  2. When do you think we will see them? WC? Division? AFC Championship?

We're not going to win a game in a shootout anyway. We didn't with Schaub, we won't with Yates.

Only New England has an offense powerful enough to force us into such a game. We won't play them until the AFCC

Other than that, we have just as much a chance to advance in the play-offs as anyone. We've got some improvements to be made on offense, no lie. But we've got another week to work on our mistakes, another game to try it on the field, & another week to work on mistakes before the games count.

I think we'll be ok.

& that is probably one of the most objective & realistic projections I've seen in the last 24 hours.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read