Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Here's the reality of the situation (It ain't pretty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This wasn't a "meaningless game". This was a milestone game. A chance to exocise another demon - that we can't win in the Peyton's house... even when he doesn't play.
Screw them demons & screw Peyton's house. This is about winning games. We've won enough to get us to the post-season. Now our focus needs to be on winning post-season games.

This is like the preseason. Winning doesn't matter, what matters is preparing for the games that do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
and we GAVE the ball to Foster. And he came through to the tune of 153 yds and a TD on 23 carries. That's 6.6+ yds/carry. The running game was working. T.J. couldn't take full advantage of it.
Agree on all points. I'll even add that the defense played an excellent game. Definitely saw some things we need to fix.

Tj has some things that needs fixing as well.

Even though Arian ran like he stole something, there are things we need to fix in the run game as well.

I think Gary is going to do his thing & you all will be very impressed when the post season starts.
Old 12-23-2011   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Exactly. I said in another thread I would love to see an open Playbook with Kubes encouraging shots downfield next week. We have really nothing to gain or lose as far as seeding(I think), etc against Tenn so some reps for the youngster would be a good thing. If we lose because he throws too many picks, then so be it but he needs more experience in a real, non-sheltered NFL game. Hell, rest Foster and let Tate and Ward carry the load, win or lose on the arm of Yates.

We are going to have to take chances in the playoffs, so might as well start with that a week early. I know it's a tall order knowing Kubes, but just wishful thinking.
All Kubiak can do is call the plays. He's calling the same plays he was calling when Schaub was in the game. He's calling the same plays when Yates was stretching the field & throwing interceptions.

Can you think of another reason Tj would not throw the deep routes?
Old 12-23-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTexans View Post
Maybe we can do good in the playoffs. Remember the Packs last season? They were 10-6 and plagued with injuries to key players..Just like us now, and when they got them back (this season) look at what has happened.
Right now, we look like the 2009 Bengals. They won enough games in the first half of the season, then lost ReyMaualuga & a couple of their pass rushers. finished the season losing 3 of their last 4. Then lost to the Jets in the first round.

They followed that with a 4-12 season. Now they're 8-6 with a rookie QB, rookie WR, & a top 10 (6) defense.
Old 12-23-2011   #44
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I have to admit. I was only setting myself up for failure with false hopes after Tampa Bay. After sleeping on it I now freely admit it is time to temper expectations. The team is not going on a magical playoff run. Too many key injuries to players and now coaching staff.

One thing is for sure, the Kubiak for COTY mantra has died down.

Sad thing is my sports year is done. High school football is over, and the NBA sucks (jmo). I now get to look forward to the Dynamo opening their new stadium.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #45
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate reality. Lol.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #46
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were in a position to do so I think I might pay someone to break Albert Haynesworth's legs for ending our season in Tampa Bay. That malicious son of a ***** needs to be put down for good.
Old 12-23-2011   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If I were in a position to do so I think I might pay someone to break Albert Haynesworth's legs for ending our season in Tampa Bay. That malicious son of a ***** needs to be put down for good.
lol! I was thinking how much I hate that sorry SOB earlier today...
Old 12-23-2011   #48
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Screw them demons & screw Peyton's house. This is about winning games. We've won enough to get us to the post-season. Now our focus needs to be on winning post-season games.

This is like the preseason. Winning doesn't matter, what matters is preparing for the games that do.

Agree on all points. I'll even add that the defense played an excellent game. Definitely saw some things we need to fix.

Tj has some things that needs fixing as well.

Even though Arian ran like he stole something, there are things we need to fix in the run game as well.

I think Gary is going to do his thing & you all will be very impressed when the post season starts.
Yeah, like why the hell Ben Tate went backwards on 5 of his 6 carries. WTF?!?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #49
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't blame Tate, they ran the ball every time he was in the backfield last night. No surprise to the colts D they were running the ball when he came in. The O-line sucked balls last night and he was getting hit in the backfield every time.
Old 12-23-2011   #50
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if the packers will be able to beat any team seeing how they lost to the chiefs; Oh no.....
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I wonder if the packers will be able to beat any team seeing how they lost to the chiefs; Oh no.....
MSR! Nicely done.
Old 12-23-2011   #52
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114195 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Oh yeah, we are just like the Packers.......
Old 12-23-2011   #53
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
yes, but I'd happy with one less Winston. That guy is the Kareem Jackson of the OL. And I'm sure the guys on 610 will continue bob on his knob during his radio show.

I am embarrassed that we lost. But the reality is this team in serious trouble and even though the defense is very good the offense is average at best. I see one and done in the playoffs. All things considered I would not be as dissapointed with the inevitable with all the wheels coming off.
If I was game planning against the Texans I would put my best pass rusher against Winston and throw the ball to whoever Jackson is covering. Caldwell looked pretty bad too.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #54
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Forgot to add that Kubiak knew or should have known that Winston was going to struggle, speed rushers usually give him trouble, and planned accordingly. For some inexplicable reason he decided to not give Winston any help.
Old 12-23-2011   #55
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that Kareem Jackson was covering Reggie Wayne is reason enough for why the Texans lost.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #56
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
The fact that Kareem Jackson was covering Reggie Wayne is reason enough for why the Texans lost.
Pretty sad when you see him on an island with Wayne and know it's game over before the snap.
Old 12-23-2011   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're done. We won the South, and that's a good start to a better future for us. The "can we get to the playoffs???" monkey is off our backs, too.

The offense looked awful. All the shit that has happened has, IMO, taken its toll on our whole team. Well, I think MAYBE the defense is still trying to beast mode out there (Credit given to JJ Watt, Cushing, Reed, Ryans, hell all of them minus Kareem Jackson).

Our offense looks like they're happy we're locked into the playoffs no matter what we do the rest of the way. Correction: GARY KUBIAK looks like he's happy we're locked into the playoffs no matter what we do the rest of the way. We're just glad to be there! Winston is sucking really hard. And has for the past 8 games or so, with increasing suckage as the season plods along.

I don't know if Wade's surgery was real or not. In this day and age, I don't know what to believe anymore. But I do know THIS: That defense plays better, and tends to be put in the better position on the majority of plays in a game when Wade Phillips is on the sideline. It just looks and feels differently since he's been gone the past two weeks.

There was no End Zone targeted passes. There was not even any real vertical passing attempts. Yates looks good when he's rolling out. Looks shaky when he's standing in the pocket.

Orlovsky, who couldn't find his helmet last year, was hitting slants and back-shoulder comeback routes like crazy. He found a rhythm and he went to work on us. The Colts knew to target Wayne on KJ in the back corner of the end zone on a game-winning pass just like the Falcons did. But for some reason, the Texans defensive staff (chiefly Vance Joseph) cannot foresee this same scenario happening over and over like Groundhog Day. WTF? Geez.

Right Tackle, QB, and WR are very important draft day needs in rounds 1 through 3. For every ball Yates rifles into Dreessen or Walter's hands, he's goofing up and sacking himself or whatever. Winston is blowing hard. And without Andre Johnson, there's no deep threat.

Is OSU's Blackmon worth trading our first round pick, and maybe even MORE to get that guy? I don't see any other beastly WRs (in the Andre Johnson role) except that guy. He's big, fast, freakishly gifted.
Old 12-24-2011   #58
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

finding it hilarious that this loss has caused the whole 'woe is us we suck again' mentality to resurface.

we didnt go for the kill v the colts (same way we didnt v the jags) and just like v the jags i have no problem with it. for 59 mins i was rly confident that dano couldnt beat us the same way gabbert couldnt and it wouldve been turnovers that lost us the game. it came back and bit us in the ass (with a large assist to the refs).

so what? im not getting the whole outcry its caused. the game didnt mean much (we needed help for a bye anyway) and the game has no similiarity to how the playoff game/s will be played (i.e we're going to have to win those games instead of trying not to lose it) . were we conservative v the falcons or bengals??.... you know the actual playoff type games with something on the line.

the real reality of the situation is that that game had nothing to do in predicting our success or play in the playoffs.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #59
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
finding it hilarious that this loss has caused the whole 'woe is us we suck again' mentality to resurface.

we didnt go for the kill v the colts (same way we didnt v the jags) and just like v the jags i have no problem with it. for 59 mins i was rly confident that dano couldnt beat us the same way gabbert couldnt and it wouldve been turnovers that lost us the game. it came back and bit us in the ass (with a large assist to the refs).

so what? im not getting the whole outcry its caused. the game didnt mean much (we needed help for a bye anyway) and the game has no similiarity to how the playoff game/s will be played (i.e we're going to have to win those games instead of trying not to lose it) . were we conservative v the falcons or bengals??.... you know the actual playoff type games with something on the line.

the real reality of the situation is that that game had nothing to do in predicting our success or play in the playoffs.
We needed help and yes, we still need help. It's possible to get the #2 and even the #1 seed still. Probably not gonna happen but I think either the Patriots or Ravens have to lose both remaining games. I trust Miami can beat them but damn why does NE play crashed-down-to-hell Buffalo in Week 17? Bah. Ravens are sloppy and can "easily" lose both games to Cleveland and Cincy. Both teams have pretty tough D and those AFC North games are always fugly and close.

I'd put the whole thing as a 10% shot. Better than nothing, I guess.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Forgot to add that Kubiak knew or should have known that Winston was going to struggle, speed rushers usually give him trouble, and planned accordingly. For some inexplicable reason he decided to not give Winston any help.
Not exactly true. In one of his press conferences he said what he was most upset about was that two of the sacks came when we gave help, the line just didn't play to the help.

On that holding call where Winston got called for the holding. He had Dressen on the outside who chipped Mathis, but Winston allowed Mathis to beat him inside, away from the help.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read