Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2011   #21
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Wade no wins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
I know the last couple it was not the O, it was the D and this year WP has proven that.
Is Gary not the one who was responsible for putting this team together? Is Gary the leader of the whole team Offense/Defense/ST's ?

Look, Gary is a great guy and a fine OC. He's just not winning HC material. His record over the past 5 yrs has proven this out. But BoBBY loves him some Gary.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still in shock that Dan freakin' Orlovsky marched down the field on our "elite" #2 defense in a two minute drill to win that game.

I'm disappointed. I'm flabbergasted. I'm disgusted by that pathetic garbage. This team is one and done in the playoffs if they continue the trend of the last two games.
Old 12-23-2011   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm still in shock that Dan freakin' Orlovsky marched down the field on our "elite" #2 defense in a two minute drill to win that game.

I'm disappointed. I'm flabbergasted. I'm disgusted by that pathetic garbage. This team is one and done in the playoffs if they continue the trend of the last two games.
Danny O is the man. Danny O > Yates > Gary.

Yeah, they're going to be one and done.

Schaubs injury bought Gary a contract extension. Aint life grand.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Danny O is the man. Danny O > Yates > Gary.

Yeah, they're going to be one and done.

Schaubs injury bought Gary a contract extension. Aint life grand.
The cold, hard reality is that WADE is the reason for this season.

The last two games left me as frustrated as any of the past 9 years. I thought this team had turned a new leaf, had a new attitude, that our defense never quit and refused to get punked by mediocre crap teams. I could excuse the Panthers game. Letdown after winning our first division title and all that jazz. But the 2011 Colts??? That was just sad last night.

They got pimp-slapped by a one win team. A ONE.WIN.TEAM just whooped the 10 win division champions. I don't buy the any given Sunday for last night. That looked like the 2010 Texans to me. Lots of bark but no bite.

I guess 10-6 and a playoff spot is where I just need to "be satisfied" now. I'm conditioning myself for it, as well as the inevitable contract extension for Kubiak.

This is what the football gods do when a team tries to gloss itself. They kept pushing "bulls on parade", tempting fate, and now that name takes on a whole new meaning after Dan freakin' Orlovsky owned them.
Old 12-23-2011   #25
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Honestly, I think Uncle Bob is smart enough to see the writing on the wall. If Wade wants to be a head coach and we are one and done in the play offs with a 10-6 record...I think we say happy trails to Kubiak and give Wade the promotion. Which would tickle me sh!tless.
That stuff must be pretty good you're smoking.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #26
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I have enjoyed this season like no other, but the fact that Kubiak is 6-12 in his last 18 games without Wade is reason to be concerned about Kubiak's long term viability....oh and he is due for a contract extension. There is that.

Maybe they can use this game as a rallying point as they hit rock bottom last night. No urgency in either of the past two games. Not enough passion. Don't get me wrong, some players played their asses off last night, but I didn't see a total team effort since Wade went down.
Old 12-23-2011   #27
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 159896 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Surprise surprise, Gary's still Gary. All the talks of coach of the year were delusional, as Wade is the only one who deserves any coach of the year accolades for this team.

Gary will continue to be the coach that calls plays out of his puckered a-hole whenever he thinks he needs to be conservative...which is far too often. That's not a coach that will win in the post season.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #28
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Surprise surprise, Gary's still Gary. All the talks of coach of the year were delusional, as Wade is the only one who deserves any coach of the year accolades for this team.

Gary will continue to be the coach that calls plays out of his puckered a-hole whenever he thinks he needs to be conservative...which is far too often. That's not a coach that will win in the post season.
Up until now he has been a coach of the year type of coach. We can't back pedal on that issue now after saying it just a week or two ago. Sure, most of the success is obviously due to Wade Phillips, but Gary is still the HC and as much as it pains me to say it over all we still have to give him props for the season as whole considering all of the injuries. But yeah, Gary is still Gary and I always worried about the year the Texans finally do make the playoffs that Gary would be the last coach I'd ever want to coach in the post season. I always worried about a real good season for the Texans and how it would fool fans into thinking that Gary was a great HC and how it would get him an extension.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read