Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2005   #41
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been told that Casserly is also totally hands off when it comes to who plays once the roster is set. He lets the coaches make all of those decisions, and I guess he'll hold them accountable in the end if he doesn't agree with their line-ups.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
he did not "throw away 700 million"

you do understand he gets a huge positive cash flow back from that, right?
sure, to offset incredible debt load. Not many people are willing to take on 700 million dollars in debt in order to make some money. There are easier and safer ways to make money than to shell out 700 million dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
the level of fawning serfdom in houston gets really old.
as does your redundant bashing of the local fans.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Fresno guy...McNair stays out of football decisions. He will make some moves this off-season but McNair is our guy here and he brought us TEXANS football back to our city. You Fresno-Carr guys will follow Carr anywhere he plays...so defend him all you want but McNair isn't the problem here. He was promised protection for the QB before the season. So far he hasn't gotten it but heads will roll.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #44
JfromthaTray
Veteran

Man, I'm just glad to have a team to gripe about, how long have you lived here. If you are a native, you know how bad it was without football. I'll always respect him for stepping up to the plate and forking over the millions to get us a team instead of letting it go to LA. The NFL was trying to hand the franchise to LA. Mcnair worked his butt off to get us a team. And i'm willing to promise you that after this 1-15 or 2-14 season, there will be a much needed overhaul. I'll always love and respect Mr. Mcnair
JfromthaTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #45
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I got a serious question for you all. Why should we respect McNair? I'll cut him some slack for the first couple seasons, but c'mon. Your first player ever taken, a QB, is getting killed out there. McNair does nothing but sit on *** and let Cass and Capers try and ruin a QB who has the potential, maybe not to be great, but at least productive for any team. He doesn't supply his offense with with the proper skill players to move the ball. He puts up with a coach who says after every game, "I'll go over the tapes and see what we can do to fix the problem." The coach doesn't even realize he's driving this team into the ground. I swear, if I was the owner, I would have spent money out the *** to bring in an o-line coach, get rid of this joke of a blocking scheme, and went after Peerless Price for a decent #2 WR. Hell, anything other than saying, "I want to win, and I don't like losing." You know, for a owner that wants to win, he has a funny way of showing it.
Without questioning your big-business acumen, I'll just say that McNair is doing the job he's supposed to do. He's not a football guy - he's a businessman. There's nothing worse than a businessman buying a team, thinking he's a football guy, firing the coach that takes you to back-to-back Super Bowls, ruins the team, and eventually gives in and hires a proven coach to run things.

His job is to surround himself with football people and trust their decisions. If, over a period of time, their decisions prove to be incorrect, it's his job to replace them. His yardstick for this is fan feedback and bottom-line revenue. How he conducts himself during this trying time will, in part, determine what quality of personnel he'll be able to attract. If he flies off the handle and doesn't conduct himself professionally, the chances that he can attract top talent for GM and/or coaching positions are somewhat reduced.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #46
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Hey Fresno guy...McNair stays out of football decisions. He will make some moves this off-season but McNair is our guy here and he brought us TEXANS football back to our city. You Fresno-Carr guys will follow Carr anywhere he plays...so defend him all you want but McNair isn't the problem here. He was promised protection for the QB before the season. So far he hasn't gotten it but heads will roll.
Yes, and as an executive with 25% of the season gone and how many millions of revenue going down the tubs and salaries paid and having been sold a bill of goods, I would be out there letting people know in no uncertain terms that I was you know what and everyone would be aware. We have not seen that from McNair. They brought Carr in as a passer not as a QB to hand off the ball. They promised to protect Carr and they have not done so in 4 years. Even Loseman at Buffalo had far better protection that Carr has ever had. Vinny, you and I will disagree on a lot of things, but I don't believe you can argue that Carr has really ever had any protection except perhaps in the 1st game he played against Dallas and you saw the results. Is Carr the player some of us think he is, I don't know and I really don't think anyone will ever know. Quite frankly, I think he is playing hurt from both a physical and mental point of view. He has taken a lot of abuse while being in Houston. He's always been a company man and seldom complained. McNair is not the captain of the ship rather he is the ADMIRAL and its time to demote his Captain and appoint a new one..............................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read