Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2011   #21
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seed #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Good story. You got to see the awesomeness of Andre Johnson and the catch and Ali-esque celebration afterwards.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #22
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I have never seen this photo. Epic!
Old 12-21-2011   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
The first Texans game I watched was the 2010-2011 week 2 come back win against washington, that is as today one of the most exciting games I've seen
Repped
Old 12-21-2011   #24
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 27545 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Good story. You got to see the awesomeness of Andre Johnson and the catch and Ali-esque celebration afterwards. Gosh I miss watching him play. I don't have the picture on my phone , but I feel someone should post it.

I am not cultured or worldly enough to know the difference in accents in Italians. I just hear the bad sterotypical "that's a spicy meatball!" Sorry and no offense.
Non taken, btw I think that probably is the accent from sicily... but I'm not sure
For what I know a lot of the stereotypes the US have about Italy are the same stereotypes Northern Italy has about Southern Italy

I also have some problems with US accents... but I think I can find more or less the difference between the "classic" new york - tv series accent and the ones in the south, like Brad Pitt in Inglorious Bastards or the whole town in True Blood... (Or sheldon's mother haha)

Quote:
Thats awesome! I think I will pick a soccer club to follow the same way! Any suggestions?
well, my first advice would be "do not start following soccer"
I mean, in Italy 95% of sport is soccer, everybody follows it, it is everywere

I never liked soccer but now that I follow football, soccer sickens me.
I can't help it, the problem is that with that kind of play the referee must decide "live" and there's a lot of personal interpretations to the rules with the result that nobody is happy with the decisions taken by the referee...

Also players have the really really really bad and 'unsportsmanlike' habit to dive in order to trick the referee to assign a foul.

I've seen players diving without any contact, and that is the worst thing you can see watching a sport that is supposed to give you fun.

That said, if you already like soccer or want to see for yourself what it is about I put here some wikipedia link of championships you can check
Then from there you can find the list of teams and do the same thing I did...

for the Italian highest championship (Serie A)
link: h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serie_A

for the European highest championship for clubs (UEFA Champions League)
link: h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League

for the World highest championship for national teams (FIFA World Cup)
h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup

I put the last one in bold because I actually like the World Cup...
In fact here, with exceptions, the down sides of soccer are lighter than in the other cases, mainly because there are national teams instead of clubs.

You can also find the US national soccer team, but the world cup takes place only once in four years... so I don't know if you can find a lot of those.

Hope that helped, let me know what you will eventually choose.
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #25
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #26
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 27545 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Oh I would love to watch that game again, sadly I cannot find it anywhere :S
Old 12-22-2011   #27
HollaIFyaHEMI
Rookie

I got to spend a month in Varese in April...love the Pizza and the people make me laugh...as I probably made them. Driving around was a blast!

Allora...we are happy to have an international fan
HollaIFyaHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #28
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaIFyaHEMI View Post
I got to spend a month in Varese in April...love the Pizza and the people make me laugh...as I probably made them. Driving around was a blast!

Allora...we are happy to have an international fan
Thank you very much

Finished now to watch the game...

There were some problems with both offence and defence on pass plays... And the penalities.... It wasn't a pretty game to watch :'(
Old 12-23-2011   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh I would love to watch that game again, sadly I cannot find it anywhere :S
Go to http://www.nfl.com, hold the cursor on "Video" and a drop down list will appear. Click on "Game Rewind." This is a subscription (pay) service. I assume it works in Italy (everywhere), but I have no idea. If it works for you, you can watch every game I believe from the start of the 2009 season. That Texans vs. Redskins game was in week 2 of the 2010 seaon. Oh, and be sure to watch the Colts vs. Texans game the week before that, because that's the one where Foster just tore up the Colts for 230 something rushing yards.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #30
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Go to http://www.nfl.com, hold the cursor on "Video" and a drop down list will appear. Click on "Game Rewind." This is a subscription (pay) service. I assume it works in Italy (everywhere), but I have no idea. If it works for you, you can watch every game I believe from the start of the 2009 season. That Texans vs. Redskins game was in week 2 of the 2010 seaon. Oh, and be sure to watch the Colts vs. Texans game the week before that, because that's the one where Foster just tore up the Colts for 230 something rushing yards.
Yeah, I've already seen both games, they were awesome... If I remember correctly in one of those two games the coach kept Foster along the sidelines for the whole first half...

The he released him and Foster just exploded

Hou-Was week 2 game was the first texans game I've seen...

I'll check right now if the service is available from Italy, if not.. well... Damn!!!
Old 12-23-2011   #31
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HAHAHAHA I totally agree with you!

thanks to everyone for the welcome

first of all I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm from the northern part of Italy (near venice) so probably the little italian voice in your heads is different from mine, that is because America's idea of Italians is mainly derived from the southern part of the country

This question has a very strange answer:
I discovered I like Football last year when I saw the SB (colts vs saints)
Then I decided I wanted to follow the regular season, for my luck it was already october so the season (2010-2011) was at the beginning (week 5)

I went to wikipedia and I opened the pages of every team in the NFL

Then more or less at random I closed the tabs of the teams that did not impressed me, for stupid reasons like the symbol or the color of the uniform

Actually there was a lot of randomness

Then with the few teams left I readed some news on the wiki page, in the end there were left only Bengals, Ravens and Texans

Finally I choose the texans because I was born in 4-27 so I'm a Taurus like Toro the mascotte (april-born Taurus like me), also Toro in Italian is the word for Bull/Taurus...

The first Texans game I watched was the 2010-2011 week 2 come back win against washington, that is as today one of the most exciting games I've seen

I hope you like my little story of how I became a Texans' fan
That's a great sotry, and completely different than most of us here. It is interesting thst you narrowed down to three AFC teams just by purechance. My friend (who is a Cowboys fans) and I have found we are loyal to the conference our teams play for (me AFC and him NFC) and there is no real reason for this. Other conference teams just aren't as interesting for us to watch.

Also, a bit of warning for you: as a fan of the Texans you are almost certainly subjecting yourself to a life of heartache and misery. It's just what the Texans seem to do for some reason. Just be prepared with that and when the success does come you can enjoy it. Honestly, I feel kind of bad for my kids knowing they will likely be Texans fans and thinking about how many times the team has broken my heart. It can be rough at times, certainly.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #32
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

With Denver losing and both the Patriots and Ravens winning looks like were locked in at the #3 seed
Naiirb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #33
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69341 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think so too.

And I think our opponent can be the Jets, Raiders, or bengals.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #34
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Amazing.

Great minds think alike, I guess.

The iconic Ali photo is precisely the image I thought of when I first laid eyes on that Andre pic.

Well done.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #35
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
With Denver losing and both the Patriots and Ravens winning looks like were locked in at the #3 seed
That's correct. Next week's game is meaningless and should be treated as a preseason game. Prep for the real game the following weekend.
Old 12-24-2011   #36
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

So i think its a lock we are playing cincy or da raiders. Did the cheifs lose ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #37
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
yeah, if I understand well the tiebreaking procedures we are sure to get seed #3

now the only thing to hope is to get the right teams on our path
Old 12-24-2011   #38
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

We better see most of our starters next sunday though. We have to get our team back on the right path for the playoffs.
Old 12-24-2011   #39
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

BREAKING NEWS! Andre ruled out for week 17 game vs. Titans!

Old 12-24-2011   #40
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We better see most of our starters next sunday though. We have to get our team back on the right path for the playoffs.
You can't play mind games with the players. They know this is a meaningless game. You can't pull all of the starters, but as many that can be benched should be benched.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read