Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2011   #21
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre OUT for Indy game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I have a feeling he will play in the first playoff game.

IMO, he is going to be saying "If I end my career, with another injury, I want it to be in the playoffs."
+1

He's been waiting way too long for this. I want him to suit up and record his first ever playoff game. He'll show up.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #22
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I have a feeling he will play in the first playoff game.

IMO, he is going to be saying "If I end my career, with another injury, I want it to be in the playoffs."

Folks, that playoff game is going to be emotional in many ways. It is my prayer that the emotions Andre, and all of us, feel do not include an Andre Johnson clutching his leg during that playoff game and hobbling off to the bench.

For t hat reason alone, I think he needs to rest the whole way and do the work that gets him ready for full-speed action. Hopefully, Delhomme and Garcia are throwing to him and creating a QB-WR relationship out there.
In that first playoff game, our offense will consist entirely of bubble screens to AJ. He's going to be so pumped up with awesomeness that he will run each one in for a touchdown. Nothing will be able to stop him.

It's going to be great.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
That looks more like Matt Schaub to me!
In Matt Schaub's time here, he will have missed 17 games by the end of the season. AJ during that same stretch will have missed 20. Schaub has had cheap hits laid on him by Haynesworth, Drayton Florence, and Jared allen (twice). Then he had Haynesworth fall on his foot. AJ has been dealt injuries by ... well, grass.
Old 12-20-2011   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIW

ESPN reports:
Quote:
Andre Johnson, WR Out Dec 20
Comment: Houston Chronicle writer John McClain expects Johnson (hamstring) to play against Tennessee in Week 17.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
That looks more like Matt Schaub to me!
Good one, CT!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #26
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
In that first playoff game, our offense will consist entirely of bubble screens to AJ. He's going to be so pumped up with awesomeness that he will run each one in for a touchdown. Nothing will be able to stop him.

It's going to be great.
I think during the playoffs we will direct snap it to AJ, and he will the sprout massive Angel wings and fly to the endzone multiple times during the game. This happens all the way to a Superbowl Victory. During the post game show AJ is immediately inducted as the first active player to the NFL hall of fame while simultaneously being knighted by the royal family and inducted into sainthood by the pope himself. It's going to be a magical run indeed.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #27
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

So in other words, Andre will be out against the Titans

TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
So in other words, Andre will be out against the Titans

Yeah, that would be on par for McLame.
Old 12-20-2011   #29
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, shocking...

Just IR him and be done with it. Tired of wondering if he is coming back, when he is coming back and when he does come back, how long will it be before he gets hurt again...

He's close, he's not, he's on the verge, he has had a set back....sheesh

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"I think Dominic Davis is close. He's looking good. The kid has been running and getting some work in. I think he's close. The kid is working his tail off."

Signed,

Coach Kubes
Old 12-20-2011   #31
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"I think Dominic Davis is close. He's looking good. The kid has been running and getting some work in. I think he's close. The kid is working his tail off."

Signed,

Coach Kubes
Exactly....

Either he is ready or he isn't. Quit telling us "he is close" because obviously close means "he is 3 weeks away and even then we have no clue"

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #32
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be there for the playoffs...bank on it.....not hard to see IMO.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #33
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mind holding him back for this game. Honestly, we should run, run and run some more this game. I see no reason why TJ would need to throw more than 15 times.

IMO, we win if TJ throws under 20 times and we run 30+ times.
Old 12-22-2011   #34
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he needs a trainer that knows what he's doing!! JMO! Why were his "hammy's" so fragile in the first place. Our players LOVE getting multiple opinions, why not AJ?

Speculation is just that, speculation!! IF he's cleared by the PROFESSIONALS then let the man do his job, if not, well, there's next year, and I'd rather see AJ on the field next year 100% then see him gone for good. I'm a greedy old biatch!! I want multiply playoff runs, not just one!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read