Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2011   #1
Sigma
Veteran

Rep Power: 13130 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Locked into Seed #3

hi to everyone
I'm a Texans fan since last year, I am Italian and I discovered I liked American Football only last year

I have a question, after week 14 Texans were seed #1 tied with the Ravens but on top of them thanks to the tiebreaking procedures.
After week 15 both Ravens and Texans lost against a NFC team.

But now, even with the same record (10-4) the Ravens are the ones on top.

How is it possible?

Thank everyone for the help.

Go Texans!
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #2
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seed #3

NFL tiebreaker rules are very confusing. But I believe it was becuase we were in a three way tie so it goes to your conference record. Since we are in a two-way tie (doesn't count Steelers because they are in the wild card slot) and Balt beat us this year we are below them
Old 12-20-2011   #3
Sigma
Veteran

Rep Power: 13130 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
NFL tiebreaker rules are very confusing. But I believe it was becuase we were in a three way tie so it goes to your conference record. Since we are in a two-way tie and Balt beat us this year we are below them
thank you very much
Old 12-20-2011   #4
Sigma
Veteran

so I guess I should root for Cincinnati in week 17 and for the steelers to win their division ;D
Old 12-20-2011   #5
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
so I guess I should root for Cincinnati in week 17 and for the steelers to win their division ;D
You can check here to see what results benefit the Texans the most.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/texansmig.html

Welcome to the board!
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hi to everyone
I'm a Texans fan since last year, I am Italian and I discovered I liked American Football only last year

I have a question, after week 14 Texans were seed #1 tied with the Ravens but on top of them thanks to the tiebreaking procedures.
After week 15 both Ravens and Texans lost against a NFC team.

But now, even with the same record (10-4) the Ravens are the ones on top.

How is it possible?

Thank everyone for the help.

Go Texans!

Welcome to the boards! It's great to meet new fans. Out of curiosity, what attracted you to the Texans? Just wondering, because I would guess as an outsider the Texans name as a team would seem kind of pompous.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #7
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone else hear an italian guy start talking in there head as they were reading this as soon as he said "I am italian" or was I the only one?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2011   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Did anyone else hear an italian guy start talking in there head as they were reading this as soon as he said "I am italian" or was I the only one?
raises hand.....
Old 12-20-2011   #9
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, it had a hint of French but mostly Italian.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #10
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
raises hand.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Yes, it had a hint of French but mostly Italian.
you guys are weird
when I think Italian, this

is what pops into my head
Old 12-21-2011   #11
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
you guys are weird
when I think Italian, this

is what pops into my head
When I think Italian I picture lasagna and spaghetti. Sorry, but I like to eat.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #12
Sigma
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
When I think Italian I picture lasagna and spaghetti. Sorry, but I like to eat.
HAHAHAHA I totally agree with you!

thanks to everyone for the welcome

first of all I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm from the northern part of Italy (near venice) so probably the little italian voice in your heads is different from mine, that is because America's idea of Italians is mainly derived from the southern part of the country

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Welcome to the boards! It's great to meet new fans. Out of curiosity, what attracted you to the Texans? Just wondering, because I would guess as an outsider the Texans name as a team would seem kind of pompous.
This question has a very strange answer:
I discovered I like Football last year when I saw the SB (colts vs saints)
Then I decided I wanted to follow the regular season, for my luck it was already october so the season (2010-2011) was at the beginning (week 5)

I went to wikipedia and I opened the pages of every team in the NFL

Then more or less at random I closed the tabs of the teams that did not impressed me, for stupid reasons like the symbol or the color of the uniform

Actually there was a lot of randomness

Then with the few teams left I readed some news on the wiki page, in the end there were left only Bengals, Ravens and Texans

Finally I choose the texans because I was born in 4-27 so I'm a Taurus like Toro the mascotte (april-born Taurus like me), also Toro in Italian is the word for Bull/Taurus...

The first Texans game I watched was the 2010-2011 week 2 come back win against washington, that is as today one of the most exciting games I've seen

I hope you like my little story of how I became a Texans' fan
Old 12-21-2011   #13
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

first of all I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm from the northern part of Italy (near venice) so probably the little italian voice in your heads is different from mine, that is because America's idea of Italians is mainly derived from the southern part of the country

Then I decided I wanted to follow the regular season, for my luck it was already october so the season (2010-2011) was at the beginning (week 5)

Then more or less at random I closed the tabs of the teams that did not impressed me, for stupid reasons like the symbol or the color of the uniform

Then with the few teams left I readed some news on the wiki page, in the end there were left only Bengals, Ravens and Texans

Finally I choose the texans because I was born in 4-27 so I'm a Taurus like Toro the mascotte (april-born Taurus like me), also Toro in Italian is the word for Bull/Taurus...

The first Texans game I watched was the 2010-2011 week 2 come back win against washington, that is as today one of the most exciting games I've seen

First a hardy welcome to you.

Second, where do you live? I am in the Air Force and was stationed at Aviano from 1993-1996. It's where I met my wife (also in the Air Force at the time). I lived in Porcia near Pordenone.

I will say that Northern Italy is my favorite place to be. We've even discussed retiring there.

Again welcome.

Also, I was at that Washington game, it was my first live Texans game.
Old 12-21-2011   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
New England needs to lose one and if the Texans win out, they will be the 1 seed no matter what Baltimore or Pittsburgh does.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's a nice little story.
Welcome to the board.

I'm also a Taurus, BTW (by the way).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #16
Sigma
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
First a hardy welcome to you.

Second, where do you live? I am in the Air Force and was stationed at Aviano from 1993-1996. It's where I met my wife (also in the Air Force at the time). I lived in Porcia near Pordenone.

I will say that Northern Italy is my favorite place to be. We've even discussed retiring there.

Again welcome.

Also, I was at that Washington game, it was my first live Texans game.
I live in Cittadella, little city north of Padua, the name means Citadel and it has walls and a moat all around the historical center that has medioeval origins (pretty cool huh?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That's a nice little story.
Welcome to the board.

I'm also a Taurus, BTW (by the way).
thanks to you also oh and FYI I know what BTW means

hahaha you made me laugh

sadly here in italy english is not that common between people so I still have some problems, I hope to find some English speaking country for my PhD so I can improve

Again thanks to all of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
New England needs to lose one and if the Texans win out, they will be the 1 seed no matter what Baltimore or Pittsburgh does.
Oh, I did not noticed that... Good
Old 12-21-2011   #17
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I live in Cittadella, little city north of Padua, the name means Citadel and it has walls and a moat all around the historical center that has medioeval origins (pretty cool huh?)

thanks to you also oh and FYI I know what BTW means

hahaha you made me laugh

sadly here in italy english is not that common between people so I still have some problems, I hope to find some English speaking country for my PhD so I can improve

Again thanks to all of you

Oh, I did not noticed that... Good
Hopefully I'm getting Rosetta Stone Italian for Christmas. I'll speak English with you if you speak Italian with me!

Going back to Italy 10/2012

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2011   #18
Sigma
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Hopefully I'm getting Rosetta Stone Italian for Christmas. I'll speak English with you if you speak Italian with me!

Going back to Italy 10/2012

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
well if u need to practice I'm happy to help, but if you prefere english I'm fine with that

I think is a very simple language that is the best thing for a 'science person' like me, and it is not too hard like german or too sweet like french (no offense :P )
Old 12-21-2011   #19
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good story. You got to see the awesomeness of Andre Johnson and the catch and Ali-esque celebration afterwards. Gosh I miss watching him play. I don't have the picture on my phone , but I feel someone should post it.

I am not cultured or worldly enough to know the difference in accents in Italians. I just hear the bad sterotypical "that's a spicy meatball!" Sorry and no offense.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thats awesome! I think I will pick a soccer club to follow the same way! Any suggestions?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read