Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2011   #21
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
For those of you who've been discounting Schaubs value to the team, even ridiculing Schaub I would hope yesterdays Texans performance was your comeuppance ? I'm not saying TJs really bad performance yesterday was the only reason we lost, but certainly after yesterday it should be painfully clear that he is no where the NFL-calibre QB that Matt Schaub is ?
Of course not. Nor should he be.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #22
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
maybe our defense is overrated like everyone was saying... theyll bounce back on thursday and pad those stats against the colts to hopefully end the season as the "#1" defense...

losing the person who runs your defense doesn't exactly make things easier

the last thing our defense is overrated.
Old 12-19-2011   #23
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates had a bad game, it's not the end of the world. He still exhibited a great control of the offense, he just made a couple of stupid decisions that you would expect a rookie to make.

We can win a Super Bowl with TJ Yates.

Old 12-20-2011   #24
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Schaub is what he is. He's a good qb when the pocket is perfect and clean. In the playoffs, thats not going to be the case because the teams you're playing. I think Yates has the mobility inside the pocket to make plays when its not perfect and I think thats whats needed the further you get. Will he have issues as a rookie? Yes, but as he gains experience, he will be a better player in this offense. Stats are for losers and we've seen 4000 yds with losses by schaub. We've seen the pick 6 on out route in games or underthrows that would be easy td by a qb with an arm.
Old 12-20-2011   #25
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Last weekend, I was taken aback with the number of “see I told you so…. T.J. Yates should take over for Matt Schaub next year” tweets I received after the game against the Bengals was over. In response, I put out my own tweet:
@LanceZierlein: Awesome win today, but did I watch a different game than everyone else? T.J. Yates had a great final drive but has a long way to go guys.
Yates made some great plays down the stretch against the Bengals that we’ll always remember fondly, but the Texans know they can’t stick Yates with the same responsibilities to move the ball that they would stick Schaub with.
http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootbal...-about-texans/
I basically share the sentiments of Houstons own NFL-guru Lance Zierlein about having TJ in the place of Schaub: it may not necessarily be like night vs day but there's a big, big difference and TJ has miles and miles to go before he's even in the conversation with Matt in terms of being a competent NFL QB.
Is this meant to "bad-mouth" Yates ? Absolutely not because his contribution to the Texans winning the division and getting the team into the playoffs is immense. Under the circumstances he's done more than we could have ever expected of him.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #26
steds
Veteran

Rep Power: 329 steds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
I'd be interested in seeing Matt Schaub's stats without Andre starting.
Slow day at work, so I had a look over Schaub's Texans career.

15 games; 271/428, 63.3%; 3479 yards, 8.1 Y/A; 14 TDs, 10 INTs.

Completely different now to his first year. Won 1 lost 5 without Andre in 07, throwing 2 TDs and 6 INTs. 6-3 in 10/11, with 12 TDs to 4 INTs. How much is that him, and how much the team?
steds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I basically share the sentiments of Houstons own NFL-guru Lance Zierlein about having TJ in the place of Schaub: it may not necessarily be like night vs day but there's a big, big difference and TJ has miles and miles to go before he's even in the conversation with Matt in terms of being a competent NFL QB.
Is this meant to "bad-mouth" Yates ? Absolutely not because his contribution to the Texans winning the division and getting the team into the playoffs is immense. Under the circumstances he's done more than we could have ever expected of him.
& because of this, we are optimistic this team will be a competent QB this time next year if he remains in the starter role.

It's still all about projections & expectations with TJ. I don't believe there are people saying Tj should replace Schaub now. It's all, "if he continues to progress."

Personally, that hasn't changed. I still like what Tj brings to the table. I still think Matt is more than competent & can get us to the big dance. I think we are in a very good position to see what Tj can do before this team has to make a decision.
Old 12-20-2011   #28
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
losing the person who runs your defense doesn't exactly make things easier

the last thing our defense is overrated.
does adding smilies to your post make you feel like youve won an argument.? i wasnt aware that wade philips suits up and takes the field... just more excuses, you guys love making excuses...

reggie herring will be the DC on thursday and when the texans shut down the colts it will make your excuses irrelevant.
Old 12-20-2011   #29
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has looked just as bad as Yates did .... numerous times. Yates still has a stronger arm, is more mobile, seems to be a willing leader which Matt has never been. If he continues to improve he is the future for now. Trade Matt before the deadline next year and get something for him before his final contract year is up and he just walks.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read