Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2011   #61
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbster View Post
So What? Really? So What? You aren't required to say "Yes Sir" or "Yes Ma'am" to your parents either but if you have a single ounce of respect for your parents YOU DO say these things.

I feel pity for you!
Does it bother you that much that I don't feel the need to force a certain viewpoint or way of thinking or way of doing something on another person?

How much do you know about me that you can "feel pity for" me? I'm curious.

Edit: Oh hey Jaysol...interesting stuff about how it came about. I didn't see your post at first.
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #62
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker View Post
This sort of thing rubs me the wrong way. It's perfectly within Norg's rights to say something like that, as it absolutely should be. Why should he have to get out for his opinion?

Disagree with him? Sure.

Make him go away? Hmmm
And it's within my rights to call him out on such a ridiculous statement. Anyone who is not proud of this country disgusts me. That's right. Disgusts. And that is sugarcoating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Does that offer stand to get medical treatment also? I have to go to Spain in a few months to get medical care that I cannot afford here because I am self employed.
Wait until 2014.

.....the point is that it's a matter of respect. I don't see the anthem performances so I dont know the exact way the players were standing but there is a certain decorum to follow when the anthem is being played. If they had their arms folded then that's a direct body language thing. Shows they're disapproving. It's disrespectful to the highest degree. Stand with your arms behind your back, with your arms straight down, or with your right hand on your heart, which is what I do in the stands at sporting events with my hat off or clutched to my chest as well.

If someone wants to do something or not do something during the anthem that's their choice, but they are also open to any criticism that follows. Ask that asshole Mahmood Abdul-Rauf or Carlos Delgado a few years back.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #63
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
And it's within my rights to call him out on such a ridiculous statement. Anyone who is not proud of this country disgusts me. That's right. Disgusts. And that is sugarcoating it.
Absolutely. Tell him he's dumb and a piece of crap and whatever else, I don't care, and hell I might even agree with you. It's just the "GET OUT" part that kind of bugs me. People shouldn't be forced to go away because of their opinions. Know what I'm saying? Get them to piss off on their own because they feel like a huge dumbass instead. It's better that way.
Old 12-19-2011   #64
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker View Post
Absolutely. Tell him he's dumb and a piece of crap and whatever else, I don't care, and hell I might even agree with you. It's just the "GET OUT" part that kind of bugs me. People shouldn't be forced to go away because of their opinions. Know what I'm saying? Get them to piss off on their own because they feel like a huge dumbass instead. It's better that way.
Well uh nobody is forcing him to leave. I don't have a gun to his head and neither does anybody else. If I COULD run shuttles every half hour taking people who aren't proud of the US somewhere else, I probably would. That's.... that's just not the point. He's willingly living in a country he doesn't respect. That's horrible. Perhaps he'd be happier and more proud elsewhere then.

Either way I assume this is way off topic. So whatever.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #65
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Quote:
Well uh nobody is forcing him to leave. I don't have a gun to his head and neither does anybody else. If I COULD run shuttles every half hour taking people who aren't proud of the US somewhere else, I probably would. That's.... that's just not the point. He's willingly living in a country he doesn't respect. That's horrible. Perhaps he'd be happier and more proud elsewhere then.
What's really cool about this country, and some others, is that people can think what they want about it, the government, and everything else. It isn't horrible, it's just how they feel, and it doesn't necessarily mean they would rather be somewhere else. There isn't some standard viewpoint that everyone is required to have. At least not yet.

Quote:
Either way I assume this is way off topic. So whatever.
Meh, maybe.
Old 12-19-2011   #66
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shockey is just upset the Texans didn't come to attention and salute his sweet bald eagle arm sleeve tat.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #67
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It's tradition to place your hand over your heart when reciting the Pledge of Allegience, not the singing of the National Anthum. Us old schoolers were probably brought up to do both, out of respect for the flag, but, this day and age, most of our kids are not taught to do either. I know this because I fussed at my grandkids for not putting their hand over their hearts during the National Anthum, MANY times, and they always told me, it's not the Pledge so they don't have to. Do I agree? NO! It's called RESPECT, and that word alone has become a word with no meaning.
I agree. You show respect for this country and for the men and womens who have died to give you the freedoms you enjoy. You do not have to agree with the politics of our leaders, but you can show respect for those that gave their lives for you.
Old 12-19-2011   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I' sure someone already posted this (and I'm too tired to read all of the thread), but DeMeco called out Shockey by saying "If he's so Patriotic was he watching our team and not the flag?"....
Old 12-19-2011   #69
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

First off, I want to say that while America is great that the way it is being ran is awful and doesn't make me proud.

Secondly I want to say by not allowing other people to speak dissent about the country they live in you are doing the same thing you are complaining about. The soldiers who have died, the people who have sacrificed everything or alot for this country did it so that we could have the freedoms that we enjoy today, including the freedom to speak out against your own government and country if that is what you want to do. Just saying.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #70
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Just saying.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #71
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send e-mails to the Texans and the League. Supposedly he flipped off fans. But I did see him do a blatant crotch grab near the north endzone with about 6:55 left in the game (to the fans).

He had been gesturing to the crowd most of the game, but to me, he should be fined for that. RIGHT in front of a ref who shrugged it off.

If someone can find photos or have it on the DVR....
*bump*

Are you guys seriously arguing based on something this guy said? A texter this morning said Cam Newton was stretching during the National anthem.

Marc said Shockey and Newton were A-holes behind the bench and as I said he was making dumba$$ gestures to the crowd most of the end of them game.

Then he intentionally disrespects Demeco because he sure as Hell knows who he is because they got in a fight in training camp a few years back.

I am sad about anyone giving his words any credence.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #72
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Yahoo article on it this morning

Quote:
Jeremy Shockey didn’t like the way Texans stood during anthem
By Chris Chase

Jeremy Shockey didn't like the way a few Houston Texans players were standing during the national anthem on Sunday and, being Jeremy Shockey, he wasn't shy about sharing his feelings with his opponents.

"I was pretty upset in the way [Texans players] weren't showing respect to America during the national anthem," the Panthers tight end told reporters from The Houston Chronicle. "There were about 10 players that didn't put their arms across their chest. "This is America. You should at least respect America."

Shockey later said he told a few of the players about his feeling during the game, yet didn't elaborate on what he said. Texans players gave it right back to Shockey.

"If he's so patriotic, why was he looking at our bench instead of the flag?" linebacker DeMeco Ryans asked the Chronicle. "Where did he come up with the number 10? Was he counting? Why was he paying attention to us during the national anthem?"

Duly noted, Mr. Ryans. Perhaps Shockey should do as he says and fully respect the anthem instead of looking around to see who isn't as patriotic as him.

A quick look at some image archives shows that the Texans are far from alone in not standing with their hands on their hearts. Here are two, of random shots of Eagles and Titans players during the anthem, and only a few are standing in a pose that would please Shockey.

Quote:
I'd imagine it's the same situation with every single team around the NFL.
As the proud brother of a West Point graduate, I've seen how men and women should stand during the anthem and have found myself increasingly annoyed in recent years by the lack of respect people show during it. But complaining about it is like spitting into the wind.

Frankly, the players are the least of the problem. At least they tend to stand still and respectfully. In the stands it's a different story. There are people cheering before the anthem is over, shouting out words like "Oh!" and "red!" to support their teams, checking their phones and people wearing hats everywhere. I appreciate Shockey standing up for what he believes, yet can't help but think it's a cause long ago lost.

And, dude, if you think a few guys standing around without their hands over their heart is bad, go to Chicago. That's where they scream their heads off during the singing of the anthem and try to pass it off as patriotism.
Old 12-19-2011   #73
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Talking Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

I honestly can't remember ever seeing Matt Hasselbeck with hair. Hm.

Nice quote by DeMeco.
Old 12-19-2011   #74
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6009 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send e-mails to the Texans and the League. Supposedly he flipped off fans. But I did see him do a blatant crotch grab near the north endzone with about 6:55 left in the game (to the fans).

He had been gesturing to the crowd most of the game, but to me, he should be fined for that. RIGHT in front of a ref who shrugged it off.

If someone can find photos or have it on the DVR....
He was also taunting Toro; I guess our mascot didn't show enough respect during the national anthem
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #75
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone who isn't currently proud of this country disgusts you?? Would it still disgust you if America brought back slavery or some other outlandish laws that made people not feel proud of this country? Well a lot of things that have taken place over the last 6 years or so have made a lot of people no longer feel proud of this country. None of which were as extreme as the examples I just gave, but unconditional support always has it's limitations or at least it should.

You've been watching "Born On The 4th Of July" a little to many times it sounds like.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #76
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

And Jeremy Shockey can kiss the Texans ass. Since when has he ever been a "boyscout" type of figure to call any team or anyone out? For years he's either been known for acting like an obnoxious jackass on the field, alienating his teammates when things aren't going his way, and getting himself ran off of teams like the Saints and the Giants. Shockey is the same guy who wouldn't even show up for the Giants ring ceremony because he had sour grapes about not being able to play in their SB run from being injured and having Boss take his job from underneath him. Shockey has never been the type of guy to preach to others about professionalism in the NFL. This is a joke.
Old 12-19-2011   #77
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans ... Y U No Luv 'Merica?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #78
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Shockey's obviously still pissed DeMeco whooped that ass a couple years ago. Grudge much?
Old 12-19-2011   #79
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shockey is such a class act that the Giants went on their SB run once Shockey broke his leg . Some said once Kevin Boss came in the huddle they relaxed . Then during the SB Shockey was drinking beer in a suite and not down on the field with the team . He is a loser .
Old 12-19-2011   #80
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Shockey is such a class act that the Giants went on their SB run once Shockey broke his leg . Some said once Kevin Boss came in the huddle they relaxed . Then during the SB Shockey was drinking beer in a suite and not down on the field with the team . He is a loser .
He wouldn't even show up for their ring ceremony after they won, because he was so mad about Boss having success and then taking his job. The guy has been a prick for years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read