Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2011   #21
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Oh, and no story here. People show respect in different ways. I don't put my hand over my heart either.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #22
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Luv Ya Too, you dirty old man

I agree, as much as it is their right not to respect the flag, it's as much my right to be annoyed by it.

It didn't really bother me till my daughter entered the Navy. We were lucky enough to attend a "tiger cruise" on her carrier. Watching all those soldiers stop and salute the flag before they came aboard really changed my way of thinking
You're required to when you cross the quarterdeck. This includes quarterdecks that are ashore.

Also sailors, not soldiers!
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I imagine players are contractually held to a standard of conduct -- either by the teams or the league. So if there's really a problem it will be handled by Mr. McNair or Goodell.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Luv Ya Too, you dirty old man

I agree, as much as it is their right not to respect the flag, it's as much my right to be annoyed by it.

It didn't really bother me till my daughter entered the Navy. We were lucky enough to attend a "tiger cruise" on her carrier. Watching all those soldiers stop and salute the flag before they came aboard really changed my way of thinking
Serving our country is good. I did, and I'm glad I did. It allows me a freedom of thought that when I believe our nation is on the wrong track, I can call them out on it not only because it's my right, but also because I gave them a part of my life. I know where you are coming from, and it disturbing that some don't get it. Don't lose your thoughts because of others, just keep in mind that a nation of millions of folks don't all think alike.

And thanks to your daughter for her service. We should all serve our country in one manner or another at some point. The price of freedom is high. You only need ask the continent that contains Russia, China and the Arab countries that one. Those folks are pretty screwed up when it comes to freedom.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #25
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeremy Shockey.....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #26
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
He also called Demeco, "Demario Ryans, or whatever."
Meco must have given him amnesia when he f'ed him up during that scrimage a few years ago.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #27
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of how you feel about the anthem/how our players act during it, it should be pretty obvious that Shockey was talking smack because Shockey is a pompous dong-smoker. Lame excuse, bro.
Old 12-18-2011   #28
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
I imagine players are contractually held to a standard of conduct -- either by the teams or the league. So if there's really a problem it will be handled by Mr. McNair or Goodell.
Required, yes, but she loved it.

And yes, Sailors I was trying so hard not to type seamen

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2011   #29
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send e-mails to the Texans and the League. Supposedly he flipped off fans. But I did see him do a blatant crotch grab near the north endzone with about 6:55 left in the game (to the fans).

He had been gesturing to the crowd most of the game, but to me, he should be fined for that. RIGHT in front of a ref who shrugged it off.

If someone can find photos or have it on the DVR....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #30
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Required, yes, but she loved it.

And yes, Sailors I was trying so hard not to type seamen

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
You are always safe with 'seafarers'

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #31
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not worried about Shockey, he's just being himself. I'm worried about the Texans. Thursday we get to see whether or not we're in a protracted funk or not. Thursday can't get here soon enough.
Old 12-18-2011   #32
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

If Shockey was being a devote patriot he wouldn't have been able to notice what are guys were doing.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #33
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Unacceptable. And hiding behind some patriotism line for his stupid behavior is just as reasonable as people using religion to justify acts of war. I actually can't believe he didn't draw a penalty for it, how that doesn't qualify as excessive celebration is beyond me. I think some people might remember when the Saints came to town for the training camp a few years ago Shockey and Demeco got into it in the middle of practice. I don't think it would be much to say Jerome Shockey or whatever is a big enough man to let it go. That's the thing about "Amurica" Jeremiah or whatever, we have the right to say and do whatever we like, that's the priveledge. The responsibility, sir, is knowing WHAT to say and HOW to act.

ACT like you've been there before. I think anyone who pays attention to football knows it would be a pretty stunning performance if you pulled off being proffessional.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #34
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

shockey is just made cause ryans punched him in his loud mouth acouple years back during saints-texans practice. i dunno if anyone recalls this, but i sure do
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #35
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Shockey is a huge POS.

Aside from the taunting on his TD catch and the flipping off of and assorted other obscene gesturing to our fans, on the sidelines he took a water bottle and mimicked pissing on our field!

If that ***hole is lucky enough to get picked up by a team for 2012, I hope it is someone in our division. I'd love to see Demeco, Cush, Connor, and the boys teach him a lesson.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree! It's been reported more than once, twice, three times.

Having had a kid in the Navy and knowing how much they respect that flag, brings it home a little more for me.
Shockey needs to

I respect the job our armed forces do ...

That said I believe our govt mis-uses them. All these "Wars" and for what ?
These wars arent about suppressing plans of world domination from people like Hitler , General Hideki Tojo or the Viet Cong .... We have since dismantled Democratic Govt's and replacing them with dictatorships ..... Fighting for natural resources , not democracy .... Fighting for special interest groups in America to profit off of the blood of our children.

Im not all that proud of this country right now .... 9% unemployment , debt up to our eyeballs in reported govt debt of $15trillion .... but the truth is we are $116trillion in debt.

A govt that is begining to rival that of Mexico in its corruption .....

Kids dont even say the pledge in school anymore ..... and we wonder why that flag and what it represents isnt as respected as it once was.

Hope is a poor mans disease.

Last edited by Corrosion; 12-18-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #37
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, it is their right to disrespect as much as they want on their own time, but considering they represent an organization in the media spot light, they lose that freedom during "business hours" (are highly compensated for the loss of such freedoms) they look bad the team looks bad.

I do think if you can't respect what this country has given to you (especially if you are a player in the NFL) and the freedom it stands for (the ideals are still there, gov. is what wants to take it away) and can't find it in yourself to show respect if for no other reason than the men and women that have fought died or seen friends die in service of this country, you have some serious issues. (Unless you aren't from here, then you should still go through the motions as a sign of courtesy for the host. IMO)

I do agree you can show your respect in different ways (Head down as if in prayer etc.) so IF true I would be more concerned with their demeanor over were their hands were.
Old 12-18-2011   #38
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mahmoud Abdul-RaufRe: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

I'm really torn on this issue. On one hand I'm one of those guys who takes his hat off during the national anthem, and stands up with his right hand over his heart. I also get annoyed when people around me are talking, or being what I consider disrespectful while it's playing.

Now........ in saying that we do live in a country where every person should be free to express themselves however they would like within the requirements of the law. 2 examples of this come to mind. NBA player Chris Jackson aka Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf caused a big stir in 1996 for his refusal to stand and was suspended for it for a game. The league realized that there were issues with the suspension and decided to come to a compromise with Abdul-Rauf standing, closing his eyes, and looking down while the anthem was being played.

The other was the 1968 Olympics where gold medalists Juan Carlos and Tommie Smith raised their fists in a demonstration of unjust human rights during our National Anthem after they won. Both acts are famous in their own right and I'm sure the Texans players involved are not trying to make a statement like these 2 situations. They're free to stand and act however they'd like to in regards to the law. However, Bob McNair is just as free to cut their butts if they don't show the proper amount of respect to the flag as he would like. If the owner wants this taken care of then it will.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #39
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

at this point in time i dont really like america either no pride in it is what i mean
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #40
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
at this point in time i dont really like america either no pride in it is what i mean
Understandable, someone who is not intelligent enough to type a sentence probably would not "like" America or even understand your freedom.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read