Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2011   #1
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster and McGahee on NFL Network: Open Locker Room

Couple days old, but haven't seen it posted.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...m-QB-surprises

The intentions of the show were to talk about their QBs, but apparently McGahee decided to make it about himself. Even after interrupting the host and a few shots at Foster, he kept his cool. He should have told him what he was really thinking. Denver keeps running the option, Tebow is going to get his ass handed to him.

And respect to Foster for shouting out his O-line.
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #2
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster and McGahee on NFL Network: Open Locker Room

Just watched it again, and McGahee asking "Who is TJ Yates?" He must really be drinking that Tebow Koolaid.
Old 12-17-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysol View Post
Couple days old, but haven't seen it posted.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...m-QB-surprises

The intentions of the show were to talk about their QBs, but apparently McGahee decided to make it about himself. Even after interrupting the host and a few shots at Foster, he kept his cool. He should have told him what he was really thinking. Denver keeps running the option, Tebow is going to get his ass handed to him.

And respect to Foster for shouting out his O-line.
Good find. Funny stuff.

It was a good while back when we were thinking about snagging McGahee... I had forgotten all about that. Apparently he hasn't.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #4
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Yea, it was him or AJ in '03. Both were teammates at the U. I think the Texans made the right choice!
Old 12-17-2011   #5
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL....I love Foster's response to the anchor when she asked him if the Texans were talking about Tebowmania in the locker room: "It's hard not to talk about it when it's across every tv station in the world"

A back-handed swipe at NFL Network....love it!
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I truly hate it when Arian does these interviews. After he did the pregame and halftime show on CBS during our bye week, he had a tough game after that. Problems focusing. He needs to keep his head in the GAME, not on becoming the next TV commentator or analyst. JMO!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I truly hate it when Arian does these interviews. After he did the pregame and halftime show on CBS during our bye week, he had a tough game after that. Problems focusing. He needs to keep his head in the GAME, not on becoming the next TV commentator or analyst. JMO!!!
Sorry, but this is part of that "national attention" a good many posters are claiming we don't get. It's part of the territory and I believe written into their contracts.

Besides, when the mother network (NFLN) says we want to feature you, I think it's wise to answer the bell.
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2011   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Sorry, but this is part of that "national attention" a good many posters are claiming we don't get. It's part of the territory and I believe written into their contracts.

Besides, when the mother network (NFLN) says we want to feature you, I think it's wise to answer the bell.
I totally understand! Just don't let it mess with your head! Besides, I didn't say he shouldn't do them, I know they have this stuff built into their contracts. I just don't think he handles it very well. AGAIN, JMO!!

NOTE: I'm not trying to be argumentative this morning. I am sick as a dying dog and I have a GAME to go to tommorrow that I do NOT intend to miss!! Just a little cranky!! I'll log off and go take some drugs!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
I totally understand! Just don't let it mess with your head! Besides, I didn't say he shouldn't do them, I know they have this stuff built into their contracts. I just don't think he handles it very well. AGAIN, JMO!!

NOTE: I'm not trying to be argumentative this morning. I am sick as a dying dog and I have a GAME to go to tommorrow that I do NOT intend to miss!! Just a little cranky!! I'll log off and go take some drugs!!
Okay, you go get well. Try some soup, it's chilly outside.

And take some noise makers to the game so you won't have to yell & scream quite as much. That takes a lot out of you.

Old 12-17-2011   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy that was awkward. I am not sure why Willis was acting like that.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

McGahee getting a little aggressive there questioning Arian about the option.

Would have liked to hear: "Q: What do I think about the option in the NFL? A: Wildcat."

Or Arian going off on one of his poetic soliloquies leaving McGahee confused/searching for a dictionary.

Bring that to Houston, we'll show you what we think of the option.
Old 12-17-2011   #12
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ Yates has a much brighter future than Tim Tebow who is a just a flash in the pan player with no future as an NFL QB!!!! Tebow is a fullback with an arm he could be another john riggins at tailback, Willis Mcgahee better watch out Tebow (Captain America) might take his position if they draft a real QB this offseason.
Old 12-17-2011   #13
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Take the rest of the day off, come back strong tomorrow!
Old 12-17-2011   #14
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Didn't he do one before the falcons game and then tore it up
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #15
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not forget that, "correlation does not imply causation."

We shut it down in the second half of the Jags game to protect T.J., or more correctly, to protect ourselves from having to send OD out there under center.

Arian represents us well on the national stage.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I just rewatched this. mcGahee irks me. I would like to see how Ryans,Cushing,Barwin and Reed would do against the option
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #17
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I just rewatched this. mcGahee irks me. I would like to see how Ryans,Cushing,Barwin and Reed would do against the option
I'm hoping we'll get the opportunity to find out in the playoffs.

Willis certainly came off a bit douchey. I'm sure Cushing, Conner, and the boys would be happy to teach him some humility.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Baby Jesus
Old 12-18-2011   #19
_Dre
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 _Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected

The whole segment was awkward lol
_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read