Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2004   #1
Mistril48
All Pro

Default Gunners

A couple of questions ...

1) Does anyone know if the scrimmage with the Dolphins will include special teams play? I was at the first one with the C'boys, but I can't recall. Also, I guess the coaches pretty much agree on what they work on, so I guess the Dolphins could have different ideas on special teams than the Cowboys anyway. I'm curious about the Texans depth chart at Gunner and don't know where to find this information.

2) Has anyone been at practice and noticed the Texans gunner rotation?

I think that work at the gunner postion could creat a roster spot for a surprise player (Jamaal Lord; Sloan Thomas; ? etc)
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure the scrimmage will include special teams play. I've been to several (Cowgirls/Oilers about 5 times, a couple of Cowgirl/Raiders as well) and they all included special teams play.

Geez, so many guys were tried at gunner, I’ll probably leave some out. And I have no idea who would be “starting”, but it’s fair to say Jason Bell has an inside track if he makes the team.

Guys I saw at Gunner:
Jason Bell
Jason Simmons
Jason Anderson
Curry Burns
Rober’ Freeman
Darrick Vaughn
Jammal Lord

There were probably others as well. The best play I saw from a gunner came from Simmons, who gave Duff a smack just after Vontez fielded the punt. Funny thing was, Simmons looked like he got the worst of it, struggling to his feet & stumbling off.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #3
Mistril48
All Pro

Lucky, thanks for the info.

I think that Vaughn and Bell do a great job, but if the Texans want that extra FB, RB, WR or DB prospects, something has to give.

I'll see if I can get more info on the gunners at the scrimmage.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read