Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-15-2011   #221
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Folks knock off the insults and banter about folks going on time out or being banned. It isn't productive and is off-topic. Step away and move on.
Old 12-16-2011   #222
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Non-PPR.

James Jones @ KC
Denarius Moore vs. DET
DeSean Jackson vs. NYJ

Leaning towards James Jones with Jennings being out, and Jackson unreliable.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #223
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

QB quandry. Need a guy to get me to the championship next week.

Newton @ Texans (horrible matchup)
Roethlisberger @ 49ers (injuries)
Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #224
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok. Jones over VJax was a good decision. got 15.10 out of him.

But now I'm wondering if I should go with Brandon Marshall @ Buffalo or VJax vs. Baltimore.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #225
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.
I have Newton as well but am going to start Tebow. Great matchup for him and a bad matchup for Cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

But now I'm wondering if I should go with Brandon Marshall @ Buffalo or VJax vs. Baltimore.
I'd go Brandon Marshall.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #226
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I am having difficulty deciding who to start as well. Basically, I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. MJD has already played so really my decision just comes down to my flex and two WRs.

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

I am leaning Michael Bush (I always prefer to start RBs over WRs in the flex if at all possible), Fitz, and Nicks but with Jennings down, Nelson is very enticing.

Thoughts?
Old 12-16-2011   #227
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I am having difficulty deciding who to start as well. Basically, I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. MJD has already played so really my decision just comes down to my flex and two WRs.

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

I am leaning Michael Bush (I always prefer to start RBs over WRs in the flex if at all possible), Fitz, and Nicks but with Jennings down, Nelson is very enticing.

Thoughts?
I have had Nelson all season, he is very solid. I think his stock rises even more with Jennings going down. You can only play one of those players in the flex you listed? Or how many spots?

Here's my dilema,

Need 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a Flex, here's my team with my current choices:

Michael Bush - starting RB
Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Jordy Nelson - starting WR
Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Basically I am torn between Steven Jackson, Bradon Jacobs, and Miles Austin in the flex spot. I can make a case for each of them. This is not a PPR league so I am leaning towards a RB for that reason.

Thoughts?
Old 12-16-2011   #228
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Non-PPR.

James Jones @ KC
Denarius Moore vs. DET
DeSean Jackson vs. NYJ

Leaning towards James Jones with Jennings being out, and Jackson unreliable.
I like Jones now that Jennings is out. Is Moore even healthy enough to play? I thought he missed the last few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.
I'd go Tebow too. NE defense is awful, he will get yards one way or another, and he doesn't make many turnovers. I like Newton a lot, but he has has some bad games against good defenses this year. The Titans shut him down just a couple weeks ago.

Quote:

B Marsh sounds like the best option. He's been good the past few weeks and Buffalo is in decline. VJax is the high risk - high reward play though. Are you a gambling man?
Old 12-16-2011   #229
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

Thoughts?
If I'm reading you right, you need to sit one of those 4 guys. I think Nicks and Nelson are must starts this week. The matchups are just too good and Rodgers is playing lights out, no Jennings may help too. If McFadden is still out, I'd go with Bush over Fitz. I know that might sound crazy, but Fitz hasn't been consistent at all this year, and the other WRs you have are on hot streaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have had Nelson all season, he is very solid. I think his stock rises even more with Jennings going down. You can only play one of those players in the flex you listed? Or how many spots?

Here's my dilema,

Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Basically I am torn between Steven Jackson, Bradon Jacobs, and Miles Austin in the flex spot. I can make a case for each of them. This is not a PPR league so I am leaning towards a RB for that reason.

Thoughts?
I like your setup as it is. No need to swap anyone around, Austin isn't back to 100%, Jacobs isn't consistent and Bradshaw should be back this week. Plus the Redskins aren't terrible at defense.
Old 12-16-2011   #230
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Yep. Need to choose 3 of the 4 guys I listed. Two WRs and 1 flex. Sorry my post was so confusing. I didn't even realize MJD had already played until I started writing my post so I started off thinking I was going to list all my RBs and WRs and see who you guys recommended.

Quote:
Here's my dilema,

Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Thoughts?
I'd go RB. Start Steven Jackson. Who is he playing against?

And I thought Austin was hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If I'm reading you right, you need to sit one of those 4 guys. I think Nicks and Nelson are must starts this week. The matchups are just too good and Rodgers is playing lights out, no Jennings may help too. If McFadden is still out, I'd go with Bush over Fitz. I know that might sound crazy, but Fitz hasn't been consistent at all this year, and the other WRs you have are on hot streaks.
You read it right. Yeah, I have been a fool to not start Nelson more, but Fitz has had some huge weeks. He actually has been pretty consistent. It's just a lot of games he gets me 7-12 points (.5 PPR) whereas Nelson has gotten more yardage (I think) and TDs but less receptions. I am leaning Nelson and Nicks but since I am basically guaranteed to win round 1 of my playoffs (I won by over 100 last week), I may leave things as is and see how much usage Nelson gets with Jennings gone. Without Jennings to take some heat off Nelson, I just wonder if he will be as dominant.
Old 12-17-2011   #231
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

1 spot left open
Cj Spiller vs Mia
Laurent Robinson vs TB
Jabar Gaffney vs NYG
also would you guys start Houston defense vs Car or titans defense vs colts?

Last edited by texanchris; 12-17-2011 at 01:57 PM.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #232
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

smith @ SD
bradshaw vs Wash

@ Flex
Old 12-17-2011   #233
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
smith @ SD
bradshaw vs Wash

@ Flex
I just ran it on FantasyPros. They say Bradshaw even though he has shown zero since he came back from his injury. I'd be afraid to start Smith since the Bolts are hot and the Ravens are a different team on the road.

I guess Torrey Smith is the lesser of 2 evils but you might want to check the waiver wire.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #234
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10294 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Select 2 of 3 RBs:
Reggie Bush (Dolphins) vs Buffalo
Darren Sproles (Saints) vs Minnesota
Willis McGahee (Broncos) vs New England

Select 1 WR:
Stevie Johnson (Bills) vs Miami
James Jones (Packers) vs Kansas City
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #235
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Made it to the Super Bowl in 3 of 4 leagues!

(assuming the SF defense doesn't get 46 points)

Old 12-19-2011   #236
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Marshall. I'm currently up by 32 but my opponent has Frank Gore playing tonight. Think I'll win? A win here puts me in the championship.
Old 12-19-2011   #237
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
I went with Marshall. I'm currently up by 32 but my opponent has Frank Gore playing tonight. Think I'll win? A win here puts me in the championship.
Unless you have wacky scoring like 10 points per TD, I think you're fine. Gore didn't even get that many carries last week. He had 10 and Hunter had 8. 0 receptions. Should be an easy win.
Old 12-19-2011   #238
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98612 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Leading by 80 points (thanks Megatron and Reggie) while my opponent has a kicker and San Fran's defense left.

I think I'm safe
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #239
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Unless you have wacky scoring like 10 points per TD, I think you're fine. Gore didn't even get that many carries last week. He had 10 and Hunter had 8. 0 receptions. Should be an easy win.
I hope so. I'm the only Texan fan in that league and it's going to be real nice to not only have my favorite team in the playoffs, but to beat all those cowboy fans in their fantasy league after only my 3rd year of even playing fantasy football.
Old 12-19-2011   #240
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 293187 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

First Week 16 rankings: http://www.fantasy-info.com/2011/12/...tasy-football/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read