Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How do you handle Matt Schaub's contract?
Trade him for picks this off-season, Yates starts next season. 15 15.00%
Let him walk after next season, Yates sits next season, starts the following. 26 26.00%
Re-sign Schaub and find the cap room elsewhere. 59 59.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2011   #101
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
What if Yates gets hurt during the first playoff game and Jake Delhomme takes us to the Super Bowl however he gets hurt in the 1st QTR and Jeff Garcia wins the Super Bowl for us, throwing for 500 yards in the process and also win the Super Bowl MVP?

Who is the starting QB for us next season? Schaub, Yates, Delhomme, or Garcia? ... on top of that Matt Leinart looks better than all of them during camp and preseason? Who should Kubiak start?
I'd think the answer would be obvious to even a casual follower of this team.

Dread-Head gets the start opening day F.T.W.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 12-14-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #102
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What if Yates gets hurt during the first playoff game and Jake Delhomme takes us to the Super Bowl however he gets hurt in the 1st QTR and Jeff Garcia wins the Super Bowl for us, throwing for 500 yards in the process and also win the Super Bowl MVP?

Who is the starting QB for us next season? Schaub, Yates, Delhomme, or Garcia? ... on top of that Matt Leinart looks better than all of them during camp and preseason? Who should Kubiak start?
Duh. Matt Leinart.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #103
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well if every qb we throw back there looks good and we win a sb it wouldn't matter.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #104
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Still haven't been convinced. All I see that Schaub has over Yates is more time in the offense and experience in the NFL. Yates has one comeback that he put together himself in his resume (since you named the ones Schaub had). Schaub is a good QB, no denying that, but sometimes, you have to take one step backwards in order to take two steps forward. Our offensive production may be down slightly (never mind the fact that we have played good defenses this stretch), but it has the potential to be even better. Can't remember the last time Kubiak called a play to where Schaub had to bomb it to Jacoby deep, and in stride. Our receivers always have to stop and wait for the ball with Schaub on deep throws. Never seen Schaub scramble for 17 yards for a first down. Those types of things. Yates will get better reading defenses. He will get better at the timing with his receivers. He already shows he ready. See how quickly he was calling for the spike after that scramble he had? That's veteran stuff. Schaub is maxed out. Time to move on if Yates continues... I know people are saying its too early, but Yates continues to pass the eye test.
I'm not at the point where I'm ready to sit schaub in lieu of teej, but I agree that if he continues to play well he doesn't have to reach schaubs level stat wise to earn the job.

He's a rookie and should get better.
Old 12-14-2011   #105
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
If we win the Super Bowl with Yates at QB there WILL be strong consideration for him to start next year. End of discussion.
What does this even mean? "Strong consideration"? If we don't win the Super Bowl then what? Is he automatically a backup? The chances of us winning the Super Bowl this year are pretty slim regardless.

Look, I get that there are a lot of people who don't trust Schaub 100%, but you and everyone else has seen exactly 2.5 games worth of Yates. He's hasn't proven that he can be a full-time starter yet, he's just the default choice at this point. For whatever reason, even Kubiak thought Lienart should be ahead of him on the depth chart, and Kubes is a QB guy. He may turn out to be better than Schaub, but I'm not holding my breath. And really, the last thing we need in this town is another QB controversy.

Schaub isn't and will never be a Brady, Manning or Brees. He's well above average, but not elite, and I don't think many people would argue against it. I do think he can win a Super Bowl, but not as a Dilfer or Brad Johnson, but more like an Eli Manning. He puts up some points, but isn't the only thing driving the offense. He also had a lot of support from his defense and the run game. I hope Yates has it in him as well to be able to put up a couple TDs in the playoff games.
Old 12-14-2011   #106
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not at the point where I'm ready to sit schaub in lieu of teej, but I agree that if he continues to play well he doesn't have to reach schaubs level stat wise to earn the job.

He's a rookie and should get better.
No TJ doesn't have to have stats across the board better than Schaub but consider this 9 of the 12 playoff teams as things currently stand have QB's in the top 10 of QB ratings. Romo is the only top 10 QB rating currently on the outside.
Old 12-14-2011   #107
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No TJ doesn't have to have stats across the board better than Schaub but consider this 9 of the 12 playoff teams as things currently stand have QB's in the top 10 of QB ratings. Romo is the only top 10 QB rating currently on the outside.
If schaub was healthy right now, I'd stick him back out there. No question in my mind.

Im not one saying that teej should be the starter right now. So I agree that he has his work cut out for him.

What I am saying though, is he only has two full starts and all three games he's played in have come against pretty good defenses.

This weekends game against the panthers will be interesting to watch. I think playing against some bad teams will go a long way to helping improve his consistency.
Old 12-14-2011   #108
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If schaub was healthy right now, I'd stick him back out there. No question in my mind.

Im not one saying that teej should be the starter right now. So I agree that he has his work cut out for him.

What I am saying though, is he only has two full starts and all three games he's played in have come against pretty good defenses.

This weekends game against the panthers will be interesting to watch. I think playing against some bad teams will go a long way to helping improve his consistency.
And don't get me wrong. I am excited about TJ. I just think people who have already decided he has "it" and are slagging Schaub are being ridiculous.
Old 12-14-2011   #109
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And don't get me wrong. I am excited about TJ. I just think people who have already decided he has "it" and are slagging Schaub are being ridiculous.
The Bengals game was a strange one to decide that he had "it" after. It was a game where he threw a completely pick and ate a sack on 4th down giving up a huge fumble in a crucial situation down by two scores in the 4th quarter. He also took 5 sacks, 2 mostly his fault for getting spooked and looking at the rush, forgetting about finding a receiver.

I like a lot of the things he's done so far, but the deliriously happy outpouring of worship is just ridiculous.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #110
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What does this even mean? "Strong consideration"? If we don't win the Super Bowl then what? Is he automatically a backup? The chances of us winning the Super Bowl this year are pretty slim regardless.

Look, I get that there are a lot of people who don't trust Schaub 100%, but you and everyone else has seen exactly 2.5 games worth of Yates. He's hasn't proven that he can be a full-time starter yet, he's just the default choice at this point. For whatever reason, even Kubiak thought Lienart should be ahead of him on the depth chart, and Kubes is a QB guy. He may turn out to be better than Schaub, but I'm not holding my breath. And really, the last thing we need in this town is another QB controversy.

Schaub isn't and will never be a Brady, Manning or Brees. He's well above average, but not elite, and I don't think many people would argue against it. I do think he can win a Super Bowl, but not as a Dilfer or Brad Johnson, but more like an Eli Manning. He puts up some points, but isn't the only thing driving the offense. He also had a lot of support from his defense and the run game. I hope Yates has it in him as well to be able to put up a couple TDs in the playoff games.
Again, everyone who is picking Tj is saying IF. It's not like anyone is saying it's Tj's job to lose. He's looked good in 2.5 games, like you said. He looks ready. If he continues to look comfortable & able to play in this league over the next 8 weeks & has us one yard shy of a Super Bowl Championship, you're going to sit him as soon as Schaub gets healthy?

That doesn't make any sense.

If he looks 'meh... nobody wants him to replace Schaub. If we've seen the best of Tj Yates, nobody wants him to replace Schaub.

If we win the Super Bowl on the backs of Foster, Andre, & our defense & Tj did everything but cost us a game, then nobody would want to trade Schaub & crown Tj

Old 12-14-2011   #111
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me too.

Wait.. no, I haven't seen anyone say that Tj is clearl better than Schaub right now. Everyone of them are saying if Tj continues to play well, including through the play-offs.

If Tj has a drive like the one he put together to win the Bengals game in a play-off game, he'll have one more play-off game winning drive than Matt Schaub.
Old 12-14-2011   #112
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
The Bengals game was a strange one to decide that he had "it" after. It was a game where he threw a completely pick and ate a sack on 4th down giving up a huge fumble in a crucial situation down by two scores in the 4th quarter. He also took 5 sacks, 2 mostly his fault for getting spooked and looking at the rush, forgetting about finding a receiver.

I like a lot of the things he's done so far, but the deliriously happy outpouring of worship is just ridiculous.
Yeah, like Schaub hasn't thrown any timely interceptions, or taken a sack with one arm hitting his chest. People were saying Yates has "it" after the Atlanta game. He's a rookie. he will make mistakes. But he shows a lot of promise also and has more potential than Schaub, which would help the team.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #113
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

There are several interesting questions here.

First, when can Schaub be expected on the field following his rehab? By OTAs and minicamps? By training camp and preseason?

If Schaub isn't ready to go until the season starts, is he just handed his job back?

And what are the chances for his foot to be re-injured?

How would Schaub perform in the last year of a contract? Would he try to protect himself from injury heading into possible free agency?

Will the Matt Schaub post surgery be as good as the Pro Bowl MVP Schaub of 2009?

Would the Texans know enough about Yates after 5-1/2 regular season and (at least) one playoff game?

Would a 2012 Yates actually have more experience than Schaub had in 2007, as the new franchise QB?

If he performs well during his stint as starter in 2011, could Yates be a good soldier backing up Schaub in 2012? Could Schaub bite his tongue and play backup to Yates for a season?

How would Yates perform knowing Schaub could replace him after a poor performance? How would Schaub handle the pressure of a young QB pushing him?

As far as the rest of the season goes, it's que será, será. I'll be more than happy with whatever the outcome of the season. It's been an amazing stretch and I'll get to see a playoff game for the first time in 18 years. But, I also expect the Texans to be a Super Bowl contender in 2012. They have a lot of questions to answer. What about Mario? What happens with Wade? Does Foster get extended? But none will be bigger than how they answer the Schaub/Yates situation. The Texans have a window, and no one knows how big or small it is. How they handle the decisions at the QB position will be key in whether the Texans can enter the window and become champions.
Old 12-17-2011   #114
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a classic problem: the finished product who is reliably above average, but will never be elite v.s. the young wild card with huge potential. It's much too early to make a decision, but I'll say this much - if the FO does decide to bet the future on Yates, it would be unwise to just turn Schaub over to free agency. It would be best if we could unload him in a trade to someone in the NFC for draft picks.
Old 12-17-2011   #115
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I apologize for both playing devil's advocate and being very excited about TJ. Simply put, I was trying to present a scenario where the FO/Coaches would choose him over Schaub when he returns. I apologize to those offended.

As I said before, it's quite obvious Schaub is our guy next year, as it stands right now. I am not a hater, though if his injuries become a trend I will be.
Old 12-17-2011   #116
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 3349 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanway View Post
What are you saying? Leinhart was 10-13 in attempts or something before he got hurt. I was utterly amazed by his statistics. I would try to keep all of them. Every Texans QB was playing very well when they started so you shouldn't release any of them.
Most of those were little dump passes. That hardly counts as a stellar performance.

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanator View Post
msr
Old 12-17-2011   #118
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There are several interesting questions here.

First, when can Schaub be expected on the field following his rehab? By OTAs and minicamps? By training camp and preseason?
CnnnD said this type of injuries can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to heal. Then there's at least a 2-3 months of rehab/strengthening after that. So best case, Schaub isn't ready until July. Worst case, we're talking next October. My money is on September/October.

If Schaub isn't ready to go until the season starts, is he just handed his job back? If Schaub is completely 100% by preseason and he seems back to his normal self (whatever you deem that to be), he gets his job back. If he's out all T/C and preseason, then you go with the guy that earned the 1st string job in camp. But when he's fully functional, whenever that is, he should be given a shot to start.

And what are the chances for his foot to be re-injured?
That's a CnnnD question... or any other sports medicine informed poster(s). I'd like to hear some feedback myself. And I figure you mean just by doing normal QB stuff, not if some beached whale lands on it again...

How would Schaub perform in the last year of a contract? Would he try to protect himself from injury heading into possible free agency?
If Schaub plays "timid", for any reason, AND T.J. is still running the offense adequately, then Schaub goes to the bench. He cannot play scared and expect to keep his job. That applies to everyone.

Will the Matt Schaub post surgery be as good as the Pro Bowl MVP Schaub of 2009?
My crystal ball says, "Outlook cloudy". I certainly hope so. Right now, today, I'd rather have the 2009 Pro Bowl Schaub than the youngster who only has 2-1/2 games to his credit.

Would the Texans know enough about Yates after 5-1/2 regular season and (at least) one playoff game?
Know enough about him to do what? Trade Schaub? Keep him but kick him (Schaub) back to 2nd string? Something tells me Kubiak is way too conservative to turn the depth chart upside down based on 5-1/2 games.

Would a 2012 Yates actually have more experience than Schaub had in 2007, as the new franchise QB?
I think the short answer is "yes". I don't think Schaub saw any playoff action. Yates will have played in at least one playoff game... hopefully three... on top of a month and a half of regular season action.

If he performs well during his stint as starter in 2011, could Yates be a good soldier backing up Schaub in 2012? Could Schaub bite his tongue and play backup to Yates for a season?
Both are team players and don't strike me as whinny types. They'll do what coach says. They may not like it, Schaub thinks it's his job and T.J. will feel that he earned it, but neither will make waves. ...ain't no drama queens on this team ...at least not since "pay me Rick" left town.

How would Yates perform knowing Schaub could replace him after a poor performance? How would Schaub handle the pressure of a young QB pushing him?
I don't think Kubiak would put either in that position. Once he decides on who's #1, that's how it's going to be. It would take monumental suckage by Schaub or T.J. for that decision to be overturned. In our system, I don't see that happening. Both guys can run the offense effectively.

As far as the rest of the season goes, it's que será, será. I'll be more than happy with whatever the outcome of the season. It's been an amazing stretch and I'll get to see a playoff game for the first time in 18 years. But, I also expect the Texans to be a Super Bowl contender in 2012. They have a lot of questions to answer. What about Mario? What happens with Wade? Does Foster get extended? But none will be bigger than how they answer the Schaub/Yates situation. The Texans have a window, and no one knows how big or small it is. How they handle the decisions at the QB position will be key in whether the Texans can enter the window and become champions.
Yes. Most interesting indeed.
My take on these queries is in red.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #119
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Most of those were little dump passes. That hardly counts as a stellar performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
msr
I got him.
Very nice.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #120
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If Schaub is completely 100% by preseason and he seems back to his normal self (whatever you deem that to be), he gets his job back. If he's out all T/C and preseason, then you go with the guy that earned the 1st string job in camp. But when he's fully functional, whenever that is, he should be given a shot to start.
Just as some are prematurely ejacuYatesing, saying he should be the starter come next year, it's just as premature to say Schaub will get his job back.

Tj has a 5 game audition, with an option for extra games. If he clearly (depending on your interpretation) shows that he is better than Schaub, are you saying you'd hand the job back over to Matt regardless?

That doesn't make any sense.

Remember, Schaub only started 2 games (for another team) before he was crowned our starter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read