Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2011   #61
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A couple Kubiak errors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was impressed with the Titans' defense & Jake Locker. It's going to be a good game Jan 1

Did you see how WTF Open (Wide the F@#$) Walter was on that last play?

That's freak'n beautiful coaching. Beautiful play call. That defense (top 5??) got beat so bad.
It was a nicely designed play. Things cleared out perfectly for KW. I think it was a zone coverage and the LB just screwed the pooch by not releasing and picking KW up.
Old 12-12-2011   #62
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
dude add it to a laundry list of bad plays this team made today...

Int
Fumble on the Cincy 3
Fumble,
on and on...

but still get the W
This. Dex, love your insight, but c'mon. This is truly a sign of a good team. One that can overcome some poor play early in the game, but come together with the game on the line.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nick Scurfield@NickScurfield

Kubiak said the league told the #Texans that Arian Foster's fumble on Sunday at Cincy was not actually a fumble
Apparently throwing the challenge flag was not a mistake.
Old 12-15-2011   #64
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Now how about the "fumble/interception" in the Falcon game?

We need to stop getting these bogus fumble calls.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Now how about the "fumble/interception" in the Falcon game?

We need to stop getting these bogus fumble calls.
I don't know.... seemed like that fired the boys up, got their heads in the game, settled their resolve. They were pretty much lights out after that.

Both games.
Old 12-15-2011   #66
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the things that stood out to me was Eric Winston hustling to recover the fumble on that Arian Foster "non fumble" play. The Bengals had the opportunity to fall on the ball at the 3 yard line and tried to pick it up.

Contrast that with Brooks Reed, who after the Connor Barwin sack/strip of Dalton, fell on the ball and didn't even THINK of getting up even though he hadn't been touched. Smart football by the rookie.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Part of me wishes the NFL would just STFU sometimes. What good does it do to admit a blatant mistake that was not fixed on a challenge?

It's a multi-billion dollar industry with a lot on the line with every game. They need full time refs out there. It seems like they are influencing games way too often these days. And maybe it's just perception, but it does seem like each ref crew has a different way to call games. Reminds me too much of baseball with the blatant fluctuations between different officials.
Old 12-15-2011   #68
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
One of the things that stood out to me was Eric Winston hustling to recover the fumble on that Arian Foster "non fumble" play. The Bengals had the opportunity to fall on the ball at the 3 yard line and tried to pick it up.

Contrast that with Brooks Reed, who after the Connor Barwin sack/strip of Dalton, fell on the ball and didn't even THINK of getting up even though he hadn't been touched. Smart football by the rookie.
Foster's "fumble" was crazy, we were so lucky to have recovered that - KUDOS to Winston for the hustle. As for Reed, he's playing smart. In general, I love seeing CBs grab an interception only to return it a few yards and go to the grown when other players get close. One of my biggest pet peeves are those guys trying to make a great play even better just to turn it back over again! See the Browns actions during the fumble.

As for Kubiak's "mistakes" this last game, I would strongly disagree.

*When he was going for it on 4th and 2 I was thrilled. It showed he trusts his offense and has some balls that many fans think he lacks. If he would have punted it our tried the field goal, we'd have complainers about him not being aggressive enough.

*As to the challenge.... you HAVE to challenge that play. HAVE TO. I thought it was a clear incomplete pass... even when plays are that close and your not sure if you'll win or not, sometimes you have to gamble because of the importance of that play. We were down by 9, I believe with 11 minutes to play. It would have been 2nd and 10 from our 25 yd line if it was incomplete. Luckily we got a 1st down due to the change of possessions, but that's 1st and 10 from our 2 yard line. HAVE to challenge that play.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #69
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Part of me wishes the NFL would just STFU sometimes. What good does it do to admit a blatant mistake that was not fixed on a challenge?

It's a multi-billion dollar industry with a lot on the line with every game. They need full time refs out there. It seems like they are influencing games way too often these days. And maybe it's just perception, but it does seem like each ref crew has a different way to call games. Reminds me too much of baseball with the blatant fluctuations between different officials.
Replays shouldn't be done by refs on site. They need a Central Command for NFL replays, where league officials and rules experts are on standby every play. It would cost about $5 to stick the head of officiating in a closet with a laptop. Just do it.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #70
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I think it helps set precedent for similar plays in the future, which should help prevent further bad calls.

I have no problem with them issuing rulings on close calls after the fact. It's a shame they can't get it right in the first place though.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #71
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Replays shouldn't be done by refs on site. They need a Central Command for NFL replays, where league officials and rules experts are on standby every play. It would cost about $5 to stick the head of officiating in a closet with a laptop. Just do it.
With today's technology, that is a very possible scenario. I like it, too. Let the officials on the field stay on the field. Outside officials can communicate with them remotely on these kinds of calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor View Post
I think it helps set precedent for similar plays in the future, which should help prevent further bad calls.

I have no problem with them issuing rulings on close calls after the fact. It's a shame they can't get it right in the first place though.
Good point, and why I said "part of me...". I understand the need to clarify calls, but it just aggravates the crap out of me when it seemed so freakin' obvious. Even my 9 yo son was ranting about it when it happened. I never saw the ambiguity. Foster never had control of the ball.
Old 12-15-2011   #72
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The refs had our backs though. Didn't call any of Winston's 800 false starts that weren't on the last drive.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #73
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The refs had our backs though. Didn't call any of Winston's 800 false starts that weren't on the last drive.
I only noticed one on the last drive.

I hope we don't get this crew or the one from the Atlanta game in playoffs. They both made / missed horrible calls.

Funny thing, I never worried about us losing this game. At half-time I said we wouldn't keep the #1 ranked D at the rate they were giving up yards. But I wasn't worried about them not pulling it out.
Old 12-15-2011   #74
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

with regards to fosters 'fumble', id add the congrats to winston for getting back to recover it but if you rewatch the play and just focus on following myers, he made an amazing play. he waaay downfield- was the olineman furthest down the field and there were other guys alot closer than him when the fumble happened... yet was the guy that made it back to blast the lb'er

amazing hussle play

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...umble-recovery
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #75
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I only noticed one on the last drive.

I hope we don't get this crew or the one from the Atlanta game in playoffs. They both made / missed horrible calls.

Funny thing, I never worried about us losing this game. At half-time I said we wouldn't keep the #1 ranked D at the rate they were giving up yards. But I wasn't worried about them not pulling it out.
Obviously wasn't 800, but there was definitely more than one. There was just one really bad one (last play).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I wipe my ass forward

Signed,

TB
I just now caught this HOU-TEX!! Hilarious.

Isn't it about time you replace your NuvaRing??
Old 12-15-2011   #77
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Nick Scurfield@NickScurfield
Kubiak said the league told the #Texans that Arian Foster's fumble on Sunday at Cincy was not actually a fumble
After I got home (sorry I couldn't make it to Bubba's), I threw my drink, nay, adult beverage whenever they said that Arian's drop was a fumble.. Really?? What was the whole explanation a couple of years ago when they said "possesion and then make a 'football move'" WTF??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read