Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2011   #41
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cut WR Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Maehl ran 40 in 4.55........Weighs 178 at 6'

Holliday ran 40 in 4.21......Weighs 175 at 5'5"
You're on top of it again Doc. Like always.

MSR

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #42
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

A WR with hands or no hands?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
I'll take some speed.
Just makes the ball bounce further when he gets hit.

I'll take SURE HANDS at this stage of the season. Plus, Maehl has a full 7 inches of height on Holliday.

This team needs to start downing the ball and taking possession at the 20, and not the 15 or 10. We have an offense, no need to play the odds of running one back for a TD vs. starting at our 10 or 15...or fumbling it on the return.

I'm in "play it smart" mode.
Old 12-12-2011   #44
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kind of neutral on this one. Holliday doesn't get me excited at all as a receiving option, but he looked decent on kick returns during the Minnesota pre-season game. Maehl didn't return for us at all so I'm not sure what he'll bring to the table in that aspect. I'd probably rather have Demps return for us and sign Maehl to be the 4th WR till AJ comes back. Holliday lined up at WR just doesn't do it for me. Sad to say because I had high hopes for him when we drafted him.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #45
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

But we've got 2 roster spots opening up, right? One for Mason and one for McManis.

So a WR and a DB? Maehl and Williams?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If maehl is brought up he likely doesn't see the field. Maybe some kick coverage but I doubt even that.

I think holiday has a better chance at contributing and actually making an impact.

I don't have a problem with either, but prefer trindon.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
But we've got 2 roster spots opening up, right? One for Mason and one for McManis.

What about briesel? Is he coming back ?
Old 12-12-2011   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Briesel is coming back for the playoffs.

So we've got two open spots.
Old 12-13-2011   #49
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Where did you (or anyone) see that McManis is going on IR? There's nothing about that on the Texans site....?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #50
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Man thank god we should have called Randy Moss before signing Derrick Mason that guy was really washed up the jets let him go with the quickness.
Old 12-13-2011   #51
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Hiring Derrick Mason did what it was supposed to do, It made JJones wake the hell up for a few games anyways. Besides, I am sure he taught some of our young receivers and our young QB quite a bit of stuff while he was here, I mean at his age I am sure he knew his main role was going to be the guy with experience who can show some young guys the ropes. Anyways, I don't have anything bad to say about the guy, he came here and made a few catches and probably did some behind the scenes stuff that helped us out, good luck in the future to him.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #52
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5502 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If maehl is brought up he likely doesn't see the field. Maybe some kick coverage but I doubt even that.

I think holiday has a better chance at contributing and actually making an impact.

I don't have a problem with either, but prefer trindon.
My view points exactly. You could also throw him in on a sweep/reverse play on offense. He run quite a few running plays in college.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #53
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Hiring Derrick Mason did what it was supposed to do, It made JJones wake the hell up for a few games anyways. Besides, I am sure he taught some of our young receivers and our young QB quite a bit of stuff while he was here, I mean at his age I am sure he knew his main role was going to be the guy with experience who can show some young guys the ropes. Anyways, I don't have anything bad to say about the guy, he came here and made a few catches and probably did some behind the scenes stuff that helped us out, good luck in the future to him.
Plus he got a cool T-Shirt and cap. He's got that goin' for him.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Where did you (or anyone) see that McManis is going on IR? There's nothing about that on the Texans site....?
Listen to the Injury podcast. Drew Daugherty says on there that McManis is gone for the season. From that, I infer he's going on IR.

EDIT: Although Scurfield says he might return. So... who knows?
Old 12-13-2011   #55
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm disappointed in McManis. I was really high on him coming out of college and I loved it when we drafted him.

Now he is finally getting some opportunities and he is not making the most of them. At this point, he's gonna have to work just to make the roster next year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #56
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Derrick Mason let go ...

OK I am getting old. I looked for this thread before posting this.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #57
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the Big Show Jeff! Those 2 things attached to the end of your arms are called hands. Show Derrick Mason how you're supposed to use them.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor View Post

I thought this was funny!! Not because I disrespect Mason. Dude has had a nice career, but Thanks Derrick, we need to make a roster move... You understand, you've been around a while.

but "BYE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
OK I am getting old. I looked for this thread before posting this.
Yessir!!! You are getting old. Your site is blowing up. It's to the point where I'm seeing so many new members.... Congrats to you for forming, maintaining and keeping the best "unofficial" messarge board ever!!!

I hope the nOObs appreciate!!
Old 12-13-2011   #59
Rey
Hall of Fame

Looks like it will be mahael. I'm excited to see what the kid can do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read