Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2011   #21
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jim Rome forced to admit that T.J. will on his show tomorrow

Pretty exciting that "TJ will on his show tomorrow."

Now if I only knew what it meant...
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Rome Is Burning is a solid show, but I'm not much for listening to his radio show these days. He resets/rehashes too much, and I can do without 99% of the clones calling in smacking each other with lame insults.
Old 12-12-2011   #23
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I'm the odd man out here. I like Rome. I get a real kick out of his rants.

From reading the other posts here I'm thinking perhaps the reason I like him is because I haven't listened to him for a decade. I've only really tuned into him for a few years, and even then not every day---just every now and then. So I'm not burned out on him.

He has an amazing ability to belabor an issue and continue to chip away at it, squeezing every drop of humor from it from every conceivable angle.

I can't imagine having to talk about something for five, ten, twenty minutes at a time---by myself---and managing to keep an audience listening and laughing. And he does have a huge audience---there's no denying that.

Very, very few people are capable of doing what he does. And that's why he's paid the big bucks.

EDIT: When Jay Mohr is filling in, it's like Christmas. That dude is money.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Rome sometimes...

I really like his interviews though...He does really good interviews...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like Rome sometimes...

I really like his interviews though...He does really good interviews...
He usually says so himself lol
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #26
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
qftt

jim rome show sucks..
seriously..take out the pauses he makes after every couple of words..his show would be 30 mins long..
And he repeats everything 3 times, so guess he about 10 minutes of content.

I can only take about 5 minutes of Rome every other month.
Old 12-12-2011   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Basically, if you want the Jim Rome of the golden era, you have to listen to Travis Rogers now.
Exactly Jen!!
Old 12-12-2011   #28
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Jim Rome forced to admit that T.J. will on his show tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think Rome Is Burning is a solid show, but I'm not much for listening to his radio show these days. He resets/rehashes too much, and I can do without 99% of the clones calling in smacking each other with lame insults.
I heard the smackoff once & I still can't figure out if any of those callers can speak English
Old 12-12-2011   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Pretty exciting that "TJ will on his show tomorrow."

Now if I only knew what it meant...
TJ will [take a dump] on his show tomorrow, maybe?

That would be some good Rome Is Burning. Probably all-time high for listener ratings.
Old 12-12-2011   #30
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
"errrrr....(loud audible of paper shuffling)....errrrrr.....(loud audible of paper shuffling)"

You mean you don't like that?! Its ridiculous how much filler is in his radio show.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #31
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101434 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He's horrible. Has been for years. Does anyone actually still listen to Rome?? I've wondered for years who his clones are, because I have a hard time understanding how he has kept a following for this long. His act got old and stale a long time ago with his pauses and his sound effects he makes like some drunk college frat kid.
This X 100000000. I never understood how people could listen to that hack.
Old 12-13-2011   #32
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He's horrible. Has been for years. Does anyone actually still listen to Rome?? I've wondered for years who his clones are, because I have a hard time understanding how he has kept a following for this long. His act got old and stale a long time ago with his pauses and his sound effects he makes like some drunk college frat kid.
Concur!
The last interesting thing that happened on that show was when Jim Everett clocked him.
He's right up there (or down there) with Heraldo Rivera on the list of people who make me wonder, how do they still have a job?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #33
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I rather listen to Barry Warner talk about erectile dysfunction than listen to Rome.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #34
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Only episode of the Jim Rome show I ever liked was when Everret was gonna beat his ass on live tv!

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #35
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like Jim Rome's show too much but I can respect him as a person in the media. He dogged us for selecting Mario and then later apologized to Mario and admitted he was wrong. Say what you want about his show but he was a better media guy than all the "experts" out there who to this day will not admit they were wrong.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
"errrrr....(loud audible of paper shuffling)....errrrrr.....(loud audible of paper shuffling)"

You mean you don't like that?! Its ridiculous how much filler is in his radio show.
That's why Rome Is Burning is cool. You get all of his takes condenses into 30 minutes, usually a good interview, and then a sitdown with a professional sports writer to talk about current events. The bonus is absolutely zero clones on the show.
Old 12-13-2011   #37
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Phenomenal!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #38
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Rome better have a take & not suck when TJ is in da house.
Old 12-13-2011   #39
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Concur!
The last interesting thing that happened on that show was when Jim Everett clocked him.
He's right up there (or down there) with Heraldo Rivera on the list of people who make me wonder, how do they still have a job?
I'll admit I liked him a lot like ten years ago, but he hasn't really changed his act at all and he's just gotten more and more obnoxious with the "bad smack" that's not really funny. I liked his old show he had a long time ago as well. Rome Is Burning can't touch that old show he had. Rome Is Burning is just boring and stale to me as well. Rome never really evolved and didn't really get anymore witty to me. He just uses the same sattire over and over and just hearing his voice now days is really annoying.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read