Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2011   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Yates v. (Pick your name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't think so, asleep!...
Okay, good. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2011   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvist View Post
but, i'll repeat, unless a qb for this team can start slinging the ball around, opposing coaches are going to use that game tape on lienart and think that even in the best of circumstances the texans are going to dink and dunk, killing our running game.
^^^^^^this
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #23
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually feel more confident with TJ as QB than I was with Leinart.

It seems they were just going through the motions with Leinart, knowing he would just dink and dunk the ball 3-4 yards to Foster. When TJ came in there seemed to be a little spark in the offense at the end of the half. Kubiak went very basic in the second half. He will not be able to be basic against the Falcons. He will have to open the playbook.

I seem to remember a pre-season game where Leinart was just average. Then TJ came in and took the offense down the field. Don't remember which game as I have slept several times since then. But TJ seems to have the confidence and the ability to take this team to the playoffs.

Leinart just seems like he would really rather be on the sidelines that actually playing. Maybe because there is no hot tub on the field.

I think TJ will surprise a lot of people this weekend.
Old 11-29-2011   #24
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I have some morbid desire to see what Favre looks like in a Texans uniform. Battle Red Trainwreck at Reliant.

Do it!

I want to see Brett out there with his old man cain and colostomy bag yelling at defenders to "gid off m' porch!" Then procede to throw a pick into triple coverage which results in him bragging to the cheerleaders about how that spiral really sizzled. Who cares where it went, look at it go!

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #25
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I have some morbid desire to see what Favre looks like in a Texans uniform. Battle Red Trainwreck at Reliant.

Do it!

I want to see Brett out there with his old man cain and colostomy bag yelling at defenders to "gid off m' porch!" Then procede to throw a pick into triple coverage which results in him bragging to the cheerleaders about how that spiral really sizzled. Who cares where it went, look at it go!

you, sir, are a very twisted person.

for your own sake, seek professional help...

...Hurry
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #26
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

Do it!

'cak's not gonna like this.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #27
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Ok so this is about 3 years before I wanted to learn anything about him (and honestly I wanted to learn it once he was safely on another team) but Yates showed a few things today.

I heard on (nfl network maybe) the radio that Schaub calls the runs at the line. We may have seen the first glimpse of that breakdown too. Not sure. If that's the case then maybe this is all lost anyways. Basically what they said is that when its a run schaub gets to the line and directs which way the run goes. Kind of important if you ask me. That said I'll go on and tell you what I think and why I think we should go with Yates.

First, am I the only one that saw him stand in there and deliver a strike? I mean blitz coming up the middle. Right before the half ended. And he threw strikes. Yes its true that he looked tentative at times and didn't make all of the right throws but for my money he made enough.

There will be growing pains, I'm sure. Why not let them happen in Atl/Cincy and see what we've got. Lets face it, the ceiling on this team with Favre, Garcia or anyone else is not very high. Second, if this kid can play there isn't much film on him. That actually works to our advantage. On top of that, if there is something to work with there, it will show up. Go ahead, sign Garcia or Clemons or Croyle, but roll with this kid.

Now here's why. Franchises like the Browns, they have been waiting for years for a QB like that. Yeah I know, it was two passes. Maybe I'm looking too far. Look. Maybe he doesn't have all of the tools, I can't answer that for sure but if you ask me Manning and Leaf weren't all that different physically. Both were physical specimens with rocket arms. There was though, something that makes Manning Manning and Leaf Cryin' Ryan. The reason that Croyle is at home isn't that he doesn't have the tools. He doesn't have that stand in the pocket in the face of the blitz and deliver a strike. You want to see the difference? Look at the Jags. Gabbert was throwing off of his back foot all day. Even HWWNBN didn't look like that. Yates, he threw the ball sharply and he hung in. He even avoided taking sacks. He was playing with a bunch of guys he doesn't get reps with. You're going to make the playoffs without question. You need to know if Yates will do it because honestly, Garcia, Favre and company, they have had their chance. They are on the decline. The good news for this team is young. Hopefully we can keep the team together, hopefully this isn't a one shot thing.

I say play the kid. Sign someone else and if it looks terrible 5 weeks in go get someone else.

Mike

P.S. I'm not comparing him to Manning. I'm saying that there is a reason, mentally or something that a guy built like Manning (Leaf) is not Manning. That doesn't mean that Yates has all of the tools but he does have a mentality that is probably the reason Croyle is waiting for our call.
Yes, that sound you hear is me patting myself on the back. Guys, THIS GUY HAS "IT".

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read