Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-08-2011   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My First Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Do you think he's better than Dwayne Allen?
Dreesen is an established NFl vet so I'll say yes. Allen will be an early to mid 2nd round pick if not higher so unless you want to go first round on TE or trade up in second, there's your answer.
Old 12-08-2011   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Man, we gotta get more for Mario than just a 3rd round compensatory pick! If anything, I would hope they resign him and then trade him for multiple picks(sign & trade). But really I would like him to stay if at all possible. I know the money thing might not work out, especially since we will probably have to 'break the bank" for Foster, and I believe Myers needs to be resigned too. So, if we do have to let him go, I hope we can do a sign & trade with somebody. There's some good 4-3 teams that should be drooling for Mario! Denver comes to mind.
To get a compensatory pick, you have to give up more than you get. We signed Manning and Joseph and would lose only Mario under scenario discussed so we would get nothing.
Old 12-09-2011   #23
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
To get a compensatory pick, you have to give up more than you get. We signed Manning and Joseph and would lose only Mario under scenario discussed so we would get nothing.
Those would be in 2 different league years though. Signing Manning and Joseph happened in league year 2011. Whereas if we lose Mario to FA I think it happens in league year 2012. Thus, our own FA movement within FA year 2012 would make the difference, not FA year 2011.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Those would be in 2 different league years though. Signing Manning and Joseph happened in league year 2011. Whereas if we lose Mario to FA I think it happens in league year 2012. Thus, our own FA movement within FA year 2012 would make the difference, not FA year 2011.
I see what you are saying. The compensatory picks for 2012 draft would be for season ending 2011. Therefor, Mario leaving (Which I do not think he will) would be compensated in draft for 2013.
Old 12-10-2011   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Dreesen is an established NFl vet so I'll say yes. Allen will be an early to mid 2nd round pick if not higher so unless you want to go first round on TE or trade up in second, there's your answer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2XwU...eature=related

I disagree. Dreesen is a good blocker and decent hands guy but Allen has special ability, a much higher ceiling. He runs like a 6'6'' WR. This team needs another legitimate target on the field, I don't think it matters where. Hopefully they'll have a late 1st round pick anyway so it's not a giant reach. Being able to line him up with so many threats on the field in a 2 or 3 TE set would be a coverage nightmare.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read