Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2011   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Highlights video (Bulls on parade)

Great video. Bulls on parade is still gay but that's a great video. Well done.

But bulls on parade is gay.

gay. Just take the word "YOU" and substitute "Bulls on Parade".

Old 12-09-2011   #22
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

gay.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #23
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

gay. Just take the word "YOU" and substitute "Bulls on Parade".
Interesting that you chose to watch the gay version.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
The gays have also co-opted the rainbow and, yes, to a great extent they've co-opted the word parade.

When one of our posters observed that the title Bulls on Parade sounded gay, he was freaking right. He wasn't saying anything hateful. He was simply making a valid observation.

I would imagine you consider yourself liberal.
Wow. Co-opted "parade"? And if you don't think the use of the word parade is gay, you must be a liberal?

I heard the song for the first time a few days ago, and I like it. Doesn't sound gay to me. And if I'm not mistaken, some of the Texans have given themselves the name. Considering the lame suggestions I've heard, Bulls on Parade is as good (or better) than any of the others.

Nice video, JamesBill.
Old 12-09-2011   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Interesting that you chose to watch the gay version.
You assume I did that. I find that interesting.

I said it was a good video.
In a previous thread I said that was a good song.

It's just a stupid nickname and as a nickname "Bulls on Parade" sounds gay.

RainbowsandGossamerFairyWingsGay.

Village People "YMCA" Gay
Old 12-09-2011   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Wow. Co-opted "parade"? And if you don't think the use of the word parade is gay, you must be a liberal?

I heard the song for the first time a few days ago, and I like it. Doesn't sound gay to me. And if I'm not mistaken, some of the Texans have given themselves the name. Considering the lame suggestions I've heard, Bulls on Parade is as good (or better) than any of the others.

Nice video, JamesBill.

Turkeys and Pilgrims also co-opted "Parade". Sneaky bastards!

Song doesn't sound gay at all. The nickname is gay as ****-all though.
Old 12-09-2011   #27
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if you don't think the use of the word parade is gay, you must be a liberal?
Not sure where that came from. I certainly never said it.

Quote:

Love the song and have for years.

Love the video JamesBill did.

The title is actually growing on me.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Here we go. Many going to get their panties in a bunch over the nickname.
That's because it's sucks and isn't intimidating at all.

Like the song...nickname is horrible
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
At least it's better than last years nickname for the defense which was Bull$hit.

Touche'
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #30
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It only becomes a nickname if everyone chooses to USE it!! You will NEVER hear me call our awesome D "Bulls on Parade!" NEVER!!!!! Not because of the "gay" ref either. It just sounds like a joke, something to look at and enjoy, but not take seriously, like a parade! I hate it!! Conner Barwin started this JOKE of a nickname. I wanna kick his ass!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #31
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to type it, but I hate that nickname in the thread title. Just. Hate. It. It is the stupidest thing I've heard yet for a nickname. Herv, I'd rep you if I could.

The next thing I'm beginning to hate is all this crap about nicknaming our defense. And yeah, I joined in on that in the beginning, but I'm staying out of it now. It's getting to be a giant distraction. Just let the team play and we'll see what happens.

We aren't in the playoffs yet folks, we will be, but we ain't there yet. Leave it be. Once we get to the playoffs, the talent level of the teams we'll face will jump and it will get a lot more difficult. The kitty cats this weekend is NOT going to be an easy game, and if you guys know anything about football, you already know that.

Let the nicknaming crap go folks. Just let it go until we've actually earned a nickname. You get nicknames by winning super bowls. Let's get a few of those under our belts and then see what pops up.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #32
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It's getting to be a giant distraction.
Heaven forbid the fans aren't focused especially in the middle of the week

And just to clarify, I doubt us toying with nicknames is a significant distraction for the team. It's not like they don't goof off in between games a little bit. You have seen "On the Nose" correct?
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #33
JGarza #70
Superbowl 2012

Section: Sec 121 Loud and Proud
Rep Power: 1000 JGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to make my friday morning!! I am pumped for sunday!!!!
JGarza #70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #34
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Was watching NFL Rewind online and decided to try to make a video of highlights.

EDIT:

OK so I lowered the volume of the announcer and changed the music to Domination and a little Walk at the end. Didn't match up the action to the music. If that sounds better to you, watch this version instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uJXHk9-hs

Here is the Bulls on Parade version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s
Good video, usually those things take a lot of effort.
Old 12-09-2011   #35
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome video, but makes me really miss Mario
Old 12-09-2011   #36
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

The only nickname I like is "Defending Superbowl Champs!"
Old 12-09-2011   #37
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
The only nickname I like is "Defending Superbowl Champs!"
Right now I'd settle for AFC South Champions. Dont get ahead of the game
Old 12-09-2011   #38
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Jesus, let it go, man.

The fact is there are a number of words in the contemporary English lexicon that conjure imagery of homosexuality and the trappings of the homosexual community/lifestyle.

The gay community has co-opted a number of words over the past several decades and made it virtually impossible to hear or read those words without making those connections.

The word gay for instance. That word used to mean happy or joyful. Now, it means homosexual and it's used that way almost exclusively.

The gays have also co-opted the rainbow and, yes, to a great extent they've co-opted the word parade.

When one of our posters observed that the title Bulls on Parade sounded gay, he was freaking right. He wasn't saying anything hateful. He was simply making a valid observation.

I would imagine you consider yourself liberal.

The word liberal has Latin roots----liber meaning free.

But one of modern liberalism's bastard children is political correctness. Political correctness is the restriction of speech. The polar opposite of freedom of speech.

Sorry for the rant, but nothing yanks my chain more than seeing someone who's appointed themselves as the avenger of the weak who takes on people for offenses they haven't even committed.

And it seems to me the only one who needs his diaper changed around here is you.

This entire rant (and I hesitate to elevate it to such heights) is more proof why Glenn Beck has lowered the collective IQ of an entire country.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Bulls on Parade is a horrible nickname, but to call it "downright offensive" is perhaps a bit too much.
I'm a lot of things, but "nuanced" isn't one of them. I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That's it. I'm gonna have to do one. That song and name just isn't gonna stick if I can help it. I honestly think the NFL will make SF and Houston trade teams if this crapola takes off. Bulls on Parade is downright offensive. We'll be considered queer steers and that is unacceptable.
Please make your own thread or something where you can put a title on there without that woosified nickname. I'd appreciate it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read