Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2011   #81
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Lets Talk Cincinnati Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Did Dalton grow up in Katy?
Yep. Local kid plays QB, does well and wins in H.S., wins in college, makes it to the pros .... we've heard this before, right? Somehow, I don't think Dalton would have quite the cheering section here that the other guy had. Maybe it's the red hair. Yeah, that's it.
Old 12-08-2011   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yep. Local kid plays QB, does well and wins in H.S., wins in college, makes it to the pros .... we've heard this before, right? Somehow, I don't think Dalton would have quite the cheering section here that the other guy had. Maybe it's the red hair. Yeah, that's it.
I don't normally see the TCU fan boys hanging around here. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason. I knew more about Tebow than I did about Dalton before the season started.
Old 12-08-2011   #83
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Lets Talk Cincinnati Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Who can possibly beat us if Cincy can't? Three teams:

Panthers
Colts
Titans

Any given Sunday. They better not start believing the headlines.
This is a must win IMO. We need to beat Cincinnati in their house & beat them bad. Otherwise I can't see us winning in Baltimore next month.
Old 12-08-2011   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
This is a must win IMO. We need to beat Cincinnati in their house & beat them bad. Otherwise I can't see us winning in Baltimore next month.
I think this is a must win, because a loss would give life to the Tennessee Titans & we can't have that. I don't care to step on the throats of our Sunday opponents, but I'd love to wring the life out of our division rival's hopes of winning the division.

It's also a good idea (I think) for this team to adopt that must win attitude now & practice for that win or go home thing we call the play-offs.

I don't want them to peak early or anything, but hone their "must win" attitude.
Old 12-08-2011   #85
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't normally see the TCU fan boys hanging around here. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason. I knew more about Tebow than I did about Dalton before the season started.
That and and vy won a championship game at ut by defeating the "greatest team ever" after having one of the most prolific seasons ever.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #86
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

After 12 weeks, Scurfield looks at some notable player stats:

Quote:
QB Matt Schaub (season-ending foot injury, Week 10)
3rd in yards per attempt (8.49)
5th in passer rating (96.8)
T-10th in passes of 25+ yards (23)

RB Arian Foster (missed Weeks 1 & 3, hamstring)
T-8th in rushing yards (916)
T-6th in rushing touchdowns (8)
4th in rushing first downs (46)
T-8th in runs of 10+ yards (25)
4th in yards from scrimmage (1,426)
7th in scrimmage touchdowns (10)
2nd in average yards after catch (12.8)

RB Ben Tate (missed Week 5, groin)
4th in average yards per carry (5.5)
8th in rushing first downs (42)
T-2nd in runs of 10+ yards (29)

CB Johnathan Joseph
T-5th in interceptions (4)
T-8th in passes defensed (13)

CB Jason Allen
T-5th in interceptions (4)

K Neil Rackers
8th in total points (100)
T-7th in field goals made (22)

P Brett Hartmann (season-ending knee injury, Week 13)
7th in punting long (69)

WR Jacoby Jones
8th in punt return average (11.1)
T-3rd in punt return touchdowns (1)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #87
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a piece by Dale Robertson (also see the stats below the article):

With Texans in middle of fray, NFL turns into Nonstop Fun League
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read