Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A coaching solution

This solution has been thrown around by many differnt people on this board, but only in scattered parts. Here is what seems to be the concesus plan thus far:

1. Dom capers is demoted from HC to DC. He is widely known around the league as a great defensive mastermind and I, along with many other fans believe that if we release him outright, he will be picked up as a DC for another team.

2. Gary Kubiak is brought in as the HC and given control of the offense. He has proven in denver he can run a type of offense similar to what we have been trying to do. Plummer is very similar to Carr, and DD is similar to their backs.

3. Joe Pendry is placed back into the OL coaching job underneath his former boss. Pendry and Kubiak are on the same page as far as the zone blocking and offense are concerned. Pendry is now fully able to implement his prefered blocking schemes into an offense that will properly use them.

4. This is the hard part now fellow Texan fans, a GM. Seeing as how I am short on time and have yet to do proper research on a suitable GM for this franchise, I leave that task to you. We should all realize the need for an aggressive GM, one of a younger generation perhaps. We have an aggressive owner, we just need to follow suit with next in command.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm not one to believe capers would hang around with a demotion, nor would the front office want him to. if that's the case, who would your offensive & defensive coordinators be?
Old 10-02-2005   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

If this were to be the case, which is a very viable option given the demand for capers elsewhere and casserley's inability to control his pride, I would probally still stick with kubiak as HC and Pendry as OL coach.

I am not sure as to which direction i would turn for a DC if this senerio were to play out as you suggest.

Does anyone else have an idea for a DC if capers leaves?
Old 10-02-2005   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

bumping this back up to the front since everyone seems to be complaining about at least one coach.
Old 10-02-2005   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers won't stick around and be our dc. It wouldn't be a good idea anyway because we need new blood to breath life into these players.

Pendry won't go back to ol coach either. He will either stay at oc or move on. I'm all for sending Capers and Fangio packing but I'm not sure on Pendry. Our team did show some signs of life today. It looked like most were playing hard and inspired for once.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

HJam for GM!!!

I think I can settle for a GM salary.

We could have polls on draft picks, lol.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #7
wenskek
Rookie

HJam72 HJam for GM!!!

SWEET
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2005   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

its certinly an idea considering how much pre draft effort some people put into this board such as beerlover, grid, vinny, myself and a few others.
Old 10-11-2005   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
HJam for GM!!!

I think I can settle for a GM salary.

Ok, as long as you are GM, how about making me your Defensive Coordinator?!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If Dom Capers is no longer the head coach of the Houston Texans (whether he is fired, resigns, gets left behind during an away game, whatever) then you can completely forget about his sticking around to coach our defense. It's not going ot happen nor should it.

Can anyone name the last head coach to be demoted to one of his own teams coordinator positions? Anybody?

Me neither. It isn't done. Capers will leave and so will Fangio. It's likely that Pendry will leave as well. The sort of climatic end of the year "re-organization" that I think we're facing will pretty much clean house. I'm not certain Casserly will survive it at the rate things are going.

The new coach will want to hire his own assistants and he should be given that opportunity. Head coaches sink or swim on the combined abilities of their coordinators so they should be allowed to bring their own guys in.
Old 10-11-2005   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we draft Leinart, hire the USC coach, and allow him total control of whatever he wants--hell, double his pay and give him full GM privelages, along with the hiring of whomever he pleases.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
This solution has been thrown around by many differnt people on this board, but only in scattered parts. Here is what seems to be the concesus plan thus far:

1. Dom capers is demoted from HC to DC. He is widely known around the league as a great defensive mastermind and I, along with many other fans believe that if we release him outright, he will be picked up as a DC for another team.

2. Gary Kubiak is brought in as the HC and given control of the offense. He has proven in denver he can run a type of offense similar to what we have been trying to do. Plummer is very similar to Carr, and DD is similar to their backs.

3. Joe Pendry is placed back into the OL coaching job underneath his former boss. Pendry and Kubiak are on the same page as far as the zone blocking and offense are concerned. Pendry is now fully able to implement his prefered blocking schemes into an offense that will properly use them.

4. This is the hard part now fellow Texan fans, a GM. Seeing as how I am short on time and have yet to do proper research on a suitable GM for this franchise, I leave that task to you. We should all realize the need for an aggressive GM, one of a younger generation perhaps. We have an aggressive owner, we just need to follow suit with next in command.
One word.... Ain't gonna happen.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #13
outofhnd
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I say we draft Leinart, hire the USC coach, and allow him total control of whatever he wants--hell, double his pay and give him full GM privelages, along with the hiring of whomever he pleases.
HA! Pete Carroll out right refuses to coach NFL ball.

Leinhart would be a waste of a good draft pick trade the leinhart pick to Arizona for their top 5 pick and their 2nd rounder pick up D brick, Then a TE then in rd 2 another OL 3 picks later, And another in the 3rd.

Oh yea and no way we demote anyone you must remove all unless the new HC wants him to stay.

If we go the new coach route I want a 4-3 defense this time 4-3!!!!!!!!!!!! and a West Coast style offense to go please ( hold the pickles)
Old 10-12-2005   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cold Pizza just reported Art Shell is itching to get back into coaching and if there was a position open in Houston he would be very interested...

Last edited by texan279; 10-12-2005 at 06:39 AM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read