Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: P Hartmann torn ACL

NickScurfield Twitter

Quote:
#Texans rookie P Brett “The Hitman” Hartmann will finish the year w/ a 44.4-yard punting avg, a new franchise record
59 minutes ago
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #22
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The football gods had pity on us and our punter blew his knee out instead of Cush. Which injury made your heart stop, Cush being helped off the field or Hartmann? Maybe the football gods think we've sacrificed enough blood and bodies for one year.
Actually it was both for me. I really felt bad for Hartmann when I saw him just laying on the field, actually my first thought was that he hit someone and knocked himself out...

I guess we'll keep losing one player per win...so who's next?
Old 12-05-2011   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Actually it was both for me. I really felt bad for Hartmann when I saw him just laying on the field, actually my first thought was that he hit someone and knocked himself out...

I guess we'll keep losing one player per win...so who's next?
Losing a punter has nowhere near the impact of losing The Terminator. Cushing is NOT a linebacker. He's The Terminator.
Old 12-07-2011   #24
JPPT1974
Hot July!

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not only did he punt, but he kicked off. As now the team has to deal with Rackers kicking off the rest of the year. Here's looking at 2012 for Hartmann!
Old 12-08-2011   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Non contact ACL injuries are common.........in fact 70% are non contact. One of the main theories of mechanism is that the quadriceps causes an anterior vector (pull) on the knee, stressing and potentially disrupting the ACL, whereas the hamstring causes a posterior vector (pull), thereby protecting the ACL. However, when the knee is in 10- 30 % flexion and the foot forcefully hits down in that position in full out sprint, if the quad force/strength is inordinately greater than the hamstring....the tibia is violently forced forward......tearing the ACL..............and who on our team probably has the most powerful quadriceps muscles............and is not used to all out sprinting????????

VERY good point!

So, when coaches biach about punters & kickers tackling, it might not be a case of them wanting the punter/kicker to stay out of contact as much as it is avoiding them running around hurting themselves?

Crazy really that your ACL self destructs...
Old 12-08-2011   #26
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Losing a punter has nowhere near the impact of losing The Terminator. Cushing is NOT a linebacker. He's The Terminator.
Not that I want to enter 'who's the most expendable player on the roster' talk, but hangtime & field position is a big deal, especially now with an offense that might be a bit less successful then with Schaub at the wheel.

In other words, punters are pretty damn important!
Old 12-08-2011   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Not that I want to enter 'who's the most expendable player on the roster' talk, but hangtime & field position is a big deal, especially now with an offense that might be a bit less successful then with Schaub at the wheel.

It's importance has been really emphasized during our long periods of poor coverage team performance.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post

I didn't say punters weren't important. I said losing a punter isn't as big a loss as losing one of your starting inside linebackers, who happens to be on a helluva roll this year. Maybe the football gods took pity on us and took Hartmann instead of Cush. They might've took pity on us when took Leinart also. Yates looked pretty OK in 6 quarters of work.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read